Lt. Commander
# 1 EvE Online
02-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi All

So how many people have come over from EvE Online?
I started playing eve 2 weeks after release, and personaly, on the state of the server currently I may well be going back.

Others thoughts on the matter?
Oh and wht was your name in EvE?

Mine was Shivan.
Member of Stain Alliance, Ka-Tet and most recently S******dly.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 02:36 PM
I played Eve during beta, and then for a month or two when Earth and Beyond closed down, then left till 2005. From then I was steady till about 2008. I was a member of a corp in Goonswarm. It got boring when Bob died and I never really went back.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 02:40 PM
BoB are back as IT Alliance and Goons forgot to pay the sov bill.

Guess who are attacking Goons in Delve currently?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 02:41 PM
I have an acount, i'm on and off and to be honest i think i might go back to playing that seeing as how i can't actually log into play STO, plus CPP's customer service is way better.

from the lookso of it though, EVE > STO for pure ruthlessness, i mean one thing i liked about EVE was how you can be anbushed and have to fight for your life and your ship and stuff, blow up and you loose your ship, but in STO there's no real danger in PVP, sure you blow up but you just re-spawn, but then i think it fits STO better since STO isn't about being ruthless nasty and such, it's for carebares and unicorns (not that i have a problem with it) still the worst thing has to be the whineage, yes EVE and STO have there share of whiner babies; mean seriusly whining about an extra hour of downtime so they can patch it? that just takes the cake.

p.s. despite this game not being ruthless, i'm 100% a-ok with that, i want to play STO for exploeration and all that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivan_rathi View Post
BoB are back as IT Alliance and Goons forgot to pay the sov bill.

Guess who are attacking Goons in Delve currently?
Yah I heard about that. The Goons said fugidaboutit though and left Delve from my understanding. Typical Goon Reaction. When Life gives them Lemons they make whiskey.

My Corp had a corp thief CEO at one point, we survived and became stronger because of it. I think the Goons will too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Played it when it had a higher than $14.99 subscription fee. Didn't really feel at home since none of my friends really wanted to play and being ruthless gets old after a while.

Now...if they offered a lifetime sub... >_>
Lt. Commander
# 7 eve ..
02-05-2010, 03:14 PM
played eve from conception till about 2 years ago ...when i was draggged kicking and screaming too WOW ..
been w8ing for a decent trek game for years ....now its finaly hear i cant be assed with eve or wow ....treking ftw
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 03:33 PM
See, I like the graphics. I just don't like the gameplay. It really really REALLY bugs me if I only fly my ship through point and click.

I played to much X-Wing, Wing Commander, I-War, etc.

btw. I-War 2 is one heck of an under-appreciated game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runestar View Post
I played Eve during beta, and then for a month or two when Earth and Beyond closed down, then left till 2005. From then I was steady till about 2008. I was a member of a corp in Goonswarm. It got boring when Bob died and I never really went back.
Ahhhh Earth and Beyond....that was an awesome Space mmo, i was a beta there and played till sunset.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivan_rathi View Post
Hi All

So how many people have come over from EvE Online?
I started playing eve 2 weeks after release, and personaly, on the state of the server currently I may well be going back.

Others thoughts on the matter?
Oh and wht was your name in EvE?

Mine was Shivan.
Member of Stain Alliance, Ka-Tet and most recently S******dly.
Hiya shivan well i was fastwind from the northern alliances and the old IRON days