Lt. Commander
I was wondering this because my TryMedia account says the download cart is empty. My game was a gift from my husband purchased through GameStop.

Also can we expect the keys to be emailed out late tonight after midnight?
I did hear that some GameStops will be open at midnight to get ppl their physical copies.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Try this location to check status:

https://gamestop.trymedia.com/login.php?aff=t_07po

You should get the key tomorrow sometime, hopefully by early afternoon or early morning.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsentients
I was wondering this because my TryMedia account says the download cart is empty. My game was a gift from my husband purchased through GameStop.

Also can we expect the keys to be emailed out late tonight after midnight?
I did hear that some GameStops will be open at midnight to get ppl their physical copies.
Trymedia is having issues.

For example I have already been charged, on my account I have one STO order that says captured that I can't download, and another one that I didn't order that says pending.

Apparently people have been getting emails saying theirs have been canceled
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTuxia View Post
Try this location to check status:

https://gamestop.trymedia.com/login.php?aff=t_07po

You should get the key tomorrow sometime, hopefully by early afternoon or early morning.
Thanks for the advice The only thing is that my game was an online gift purchase from my husband. My TryMedia download cart says it is empty and that worries me a bit.

If I knew that the key was going to be sent out from GameStop to my email that would be a great relief because its not clear to me whether or not there is an issue with my account on the TryMedia end.

I did manage to call GameStop and they just emailed me my beta key, so that makes me feel more confident in them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrem View Post
Trymedia is having issues.

For example I have already been charged, on my account I have one STO order that says captured that I can't download, and another one that I didn't order that says pending.

Apparently people have been getting emails saying theirs have been canceled
My husband's TryMedia account also has two STOs on his account that say "captured" and "pending." Neither of their order numbers match my gift order so I believe you and he are both in the same boat.

He hasn't received a cancellation email yet.

Our account has been charged twice tho. I am hoping that one charge is for my gift order and the other is for his own order. Just crossing my fingers that tomorrow there wont be three charges instead of two.

Also hoping that my account status on TryMedia isn't an issue at all.

As long as we all receive our keys and don't get cancelled we should be okay.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Well mine is in my Trymedia/Gamestop account page...both of them.

Problem is, I only ordered one.

One is labeled "Captured" and billed on the day I pre-ordered, 1/6, and the other one is marked for today 2/1 marked "Pending". Exact same products, exact same price.

I am hoping this is just some kind of (stupid, brainless, typical GameStop) order placeholder listing.

What a continual ******* ******** ******** ******** ******* *********** that is so typical of GameStop. If that were not the place to get the Connie Enterprise, no way in hell would I have ever given them a penny. HATE HATE HATE GameStop.

I don't care what that ****hole offers in the future of any game from any company. Never again. The last time I said that was in regards to the RIAA, and I have not bought a new CD for fourteen years. Never again will I spend a dime at GameStop.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the advice The only thing is that my game was an online gift purchase from my husband. My TryMedia download cart says it is empty and that worries me a bit.

If I knew that the key was going to be sent out from GameStop to my email that would be a great relief because its not clear to me whether or not there is an issue with my account on the TryMedia end.

I did manage to call GameStop and they just emailed me my beta key, so that makes me feel more confident in them.
Does your husband have the order number? Also, logging in via returning customer from that site should show you previous orders under "My Games". When you mention download cart it usually means something not yet paid for .
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKhus View Post
Well mine is in my Trymedia/Gamestop account page...both of them.

Problem is, I only ordered one.

One is labeled "Captured" and billed on the day I pre-ordered, 1/6, and the other one is marked for today 2/1 marked "Pending". Exact same products, exact same price.

I am hoping this is just some kind of (stupid, brainless, typical GameStop) order placeholder listing.

What a continual ******* ******** ******** ******** ******* *********** that is so typical of GameStop. If that were not the place to get the Connie Enterprise, no way in hell would I have ever given them a penny. HATE HATE HATE GameStop.

I don't care what that ****hole offers in the future of any game from any company. Never again. The last time I said that was in regards to the RIAA, and I have not bought a new CD for fourteen years. Never again will I spend a dime at GameStop.
HAHA I know how you feel.

In the past I have dealt with companies that refer you to other third parties without making such things clear beforehand and it was a really horrible experience. I did not appreciate at all. I'm just tired of companies trying to trap me and rip me off left and right.

At first I was pretty upset about the GameStop/TryMedia thing. Someone said that TryMedia had an F on the BBB. So I was angry because I thought we would only be dealing with GameStop... and how could we have known TryMedia would have been involved beforehand?

But I would feel REALLY GOOD if i knew that my key was coming from GameStop.

I did come to the conclusion that maybe GameStop throws TryMedia a bone just so that their customers can download the game clients from them...

as long as TryMedia isn't responsible for my key I guess I'm not upset that I COULD download my client from TryMedia if I wanted to...

But for an MMO type game I don't think i have to.

I just REALLY hope that TryMedia isn't the one with my key... haha.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
HAHA I know how you feel.

In the past I have dealt with companies that refer you to other third parties without making such things clear beforehand and it was a really horrible experience. I did not appreciate at all. I'm just tired of companies trying to trap me and rip me off left and right.

At first I was pretty upset about the GameStop/TryMedia thing. Someone said that TryMedia had an F on the BBB. So I was angry because I thought we would only be dealing with GameStop... and how could we have known TryMedia would have been involved beforehand?

But I would feel REALLY GOOD if i knew that my key was coming from GameStop.

I did come to the conclusion that maybe GameStop throws TryMedia a bone just so that their customers can download the game clients from them...

as long as TryMedia isn't responsible for my key I guess I'm not upset that I COULD download my client from TryMedia if I wanted to...

But for an MMO type game I don't think i have to.

I just REALLY hope that TryMedia isn't the one with my key... haha.
my biggest fear right now is getting charged twice for one game. I think that's more likely then not getting the retail key at all.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTuxia View Post
Does your husband have the order number? Also, logging in via returning customer from that site should show you previous orders under "My Games". When you mention download cart it usually means something not yet paid for .
Haha well it gets weird here as well He made an account on GameStop with my email to order the game for me. It says that it was purchased for me by my very own email address in the emails GameStop sent me, HOWEVER, on the GameStop site it says there is no record of an account with that address.

I can log into TryMedia just fine and I believe I am receiving all the emails I should be from GameStop.

So just by going by the TryMedia site I don't seem to have any downloads pending. But I am not sure how they handle their gift purchases when they are pre-orders.

EDIT: pre-orders not "pro-orders" obviously if this was a PRO-order I wouldn't be so confused