Lt. Commander
Both GameStop and Amazon FAILED big time... How did that happen? To this day the local GameStop manager doesn't know how the pre-orders are being handled and I see a bunch of unhappy UK Amazon shoppers and for good reason.

Glad I canceled my pre-order from GameStop weeks ago. That company is flushing itself down the tubes anyhow, will be happy to see it vanish.

I hope I don't find out BestBuy screwed up too! That would make me return the game for sure and if so maybe I'll give Cryptic 6 to 8 months to see if STO servers still even exist.

Just more bad signs for this game's future...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 03:52 PM
How does the retailers messing up have anything to do with how well the game is going to do? It's not Cryptic's fault that GameStop is incompetent.

On that note, I just got a text message that told me STO will be ready for pickup tomorrow morning, and the number to the store.

*shrug*

No problems so far. I've heard horror stories, but have yet to experience them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Gamestop employees don't know anything till it happens, they are the burger flippers of the video game retailers. But I'd like to know whats wrong? I would assume STO preorders would be handled like every preorder Gamestop handles. I'm pretty sure they still have a guarantee that anything you preorder will be in store on release day.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 04:02 PM
I got an email from Amazon (US) today saying my package has shipped. In theory it'll arrive tomorrow as planned.

I haven't heard anything from Best Buy... I ordered online and I'm pretty sure it should be shipped, but I haven't heard anything.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Yup got my shipping email from Amazon as well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 04:07 PM
i'm in the UK, amazon shafted me on my pre-order but ironically gamestop have apparantly shipped my collector's edition already.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylatron

On that note, I just got a text message that told me STO will be ready for pickup tomorrow morning, and the number to the store.

*shrug*.
You too, hmmm?

I think most of the problems have been with the online pre-orders. The only problem I had with the store was getting my Pre-Order Code the day Open Beta Started, instead of before. Not a big deal for me, as Iw as in Closed Beta, but it really hindered my buddy who wasn't sure he could play when Open Beta launched.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 04:34 PM
My gamestop mailed my CE all ready. I don't know what prob you people are having.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 04:42 PM
I called to day. I'm sadly on a first name basest. ( I was friend's with the manager back in high school so it's not to bad. ) but he said the game would be there at 10 am in the morning.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Trek
You too, hmmm?

I think most of the problems have been with the online pre-orders. The only problem I had with the store was getting my Pre-Order Code the day Open Beta Started, instead of before. Not a big deal for me, as Iw as in Closed Beta, but it really hindered my buddy who wasn't sure he could play when Open Beta launched.
Yea, that seems to be the case. I did pre-order mine online but opted for in-store pickup. They then gave me TWO pre-order keys.....I picked one up, then they emailed me another one a couple of days later They don't have their stuff together, but it's in my favor, lol.