Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu.Chan.
The answer to klingon cloaking is simple.

Allow the federation to retrofit a cloaking device onto their ships.

In the same way that the USS-Defiant has one, But have the cloaking device take up one of the console slots such as science or engineering.

And make the cloaking device a rare device that is awarded at the end of a long quest chain to obtain one from somewhere.

With the Romuluan star empire in ruins there would be plenty of oppotunities for a federation captain to obtain a Romuluan cloaking device by a variety of ways, perhaps they can salvage one off a wreck and get it repaired or perhaps they could purchase one from a rogue Romulan scientist or engineer after a long quest to track one down, because with an empire in collapse there will be plenty of these around.

This would be the perfect counter, cloaking to balance cloaking.
Does the cloaking device remove several thousand hp from your ships too or is that gonna be left out?
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusTyrel View Post
Why not remove the cloak all together? that would make Klingons on even terms with the feds!

Oh wait it wont because we half half their shields and hp...

We have a cloak for a reason, if you dont liek waiting for the Klignons to decloak and pwn you then que for the objective based maps, you dont have to wait to be attacked in those...

Have fun
circular reasoning there...

Klinks have cloak because they have less armor and shields
Klinks have less armor and shields because they have cloak.

see the problem? more and more people are pointing out that there is a severe problem with the balance in this game and you can only stick your head in the same for so long.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Wow another thread from the Fed crowd who calls any Klingon who doesn't feed the fedball a griefer. Apparently we're all supposed to play like Gorlok.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
Wow another thread from the Fed crowd who calls any Klingon who doesn't feed the fedball a griefer. Apparently we're all supposed to play like Gorlok.
trolling asside: If you had to wait for 4+ minutes for an opponent to attack you I'm sure it would get annoying. What about 10 minutes, or 15 minutes. where do you draw the line between stratagy and griefing?
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
circular reasoning there...

Klinks have cloak because they have less armor and shields
Klinks have less armor and shields because they have cloak.

see the problem? more and more people are pointing out that there is a severe problem with the balance in this game and you can only stick your head in the same for so long.
Klingons have cloak because it's star trek lore, and because they have cloak the balance is that they have less hull and shields, no science ship, and one ship that's a handicapped jack of all trades (that can be powerful if used correctly but still made of tissue).

It's not circular reasoning, it's just that those are the reasons plain and simple.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Quote:
trolling asside: If you had to wait for 4+ minutes for an opponent to attack you I'm sure it would get annoying. What about 10 minutes, or 15 minutes. where do you draw the line between stratagy and griefing?
You act like waiting for your team to fill for 4+ minutes isn't just as annoying? Or having a full fed team give you crap because you won't decloak and die for them to get XP? It's not griefing to care about a fair fight. The problem isn't cloak, it's the crappy Queue system. Don't nerf us when you don't have to.

This is a troll thread, through and through, and you expect me to have sympathy for these vapid idiots because they were "griefed". I have a feeling they were the ones doing the griefing and only come here to whine that Klingons care about having a fair fight, because all they care about is speed grinding XP.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
You act like waiting for your team to fill for 4+ minutes isn't just as annoying? Or having a full fed team give you crap because you won't decloak and die for them to get XP? It's not griefing to care about a fair fight. The problem isn't cloak, it's the crappy Queue system. Don't nerf us when you don't have to.

This is a troll thread, through and through, and you expect me to have sympathy for these vapid idiots because they were "griefed". I have a feeling they were the ones doing the griefing and only come here to whine that Klingons care about having a fair fight, because all they care about is speed grinding XP.
nowhere in my comments did I say anything about starting out and cloaking, although I should have clarified it there is nothing wrong with that per-say as opposed to suddenly stopping all confrontation completely (with roughly even teams). one is waiting for a fair team while the other is plain and simple griefing.

Quote:
Klingons have cloak because it's star trek lore, and because they have cloak the balance is that they have less hull and shields, no science ship, and one ship that's a handicapped jack of all trades (that can be powerful if used correctly but still made of tissue).

It's not circular reasoning, it's just that those are the reasons plain and simple.
It's from a balance perspective that its circular reasoning. taking away any star trek flavor or lore its plain as day that because cloaking exists that they have to have weaker shields/hulls. and since they have weaker shields/hulls they have a compensation for that in cloaking, which in turn is the reason that they have gimped ships in the first place. I could make twenty sentences of it flowing back and forth over and over again, but the simple answer is that one of them needs to be altered in such a way to break the loop.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesstair View Post
Since apparently some Klingons on this forum want cloak maintained with absolutely no changes, I would like to suggest a different change. Instead, I would request all Federation players get an "All power to shields" skill which makes them immobile and unable to attack, but they can never lose their shields, making them invincible. This way, bad Federation players have the opportunity to screw over a match they're losing until the opposing side throws it exactly the same as Klingons can do currently.
Heh. No. Sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Just had one where there ended up being a total of 12 Fed players because most of them logged into the map and then left. Some of them without even getting shot at. The match lasted about 18 minutes. Most of which was due to waiting on the Feds to show up. I felt bad for the 2 that stuck around, but all the Klinks stayed and no one called for a nerf on leaving the match.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
It's from a balance perspective that its circular reasoning. taking away any star trek flavor or lore its plain as day that because cloaking exists that they have to have weaker shields/hulls. and since they have weaker shields/hulls they have a compensation for that in cloaking, which in turn is the reason that they have gimped ships in the first place. I could make twenty sentences of it flowing back and forth over and over again, but the simple answer is that one of them needs to be altered in such a way to break the loop.
This again is placing the blame on cloak, when it is the system that is leading to the abuse of cloak. If matches started with full teams at the same time, and required objectives other than kills to win cloak cannot be abused in this manner.