Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Survivor of Remus
I appreciate that most of the Lobi and lock box ships have unique bridges, but why can't we have the drop-down menu options for the regular bridges and interiors if players prefer those?

I bring this up because I have Lobi and lock box ships on my Fed and KDF toons but I prefer the faction-specific FED and KDF interiors.

I imagine that if either the FED or KDF captured an enemy vessel and actually pressed it into service they might actual refit/customize the interiors as well.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."
Captain
# 2
12-30-2013, 04:52 AM
I'd like to know that too.

/support
Career Officer
# 3
12-30-2013, 05:11 AM
I think I know the answer. Cryptic laziness. Aka, takes to much time, and creates no income.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Career Officer
# 4
12-30-2013, 05:44 AM
Personally, unlock the purchased bridges across the board. And please let me buy the romulan bridge for my Fed characters. I so want to lose the fish tank.
(And Klingon ships need more light. I swear I need a flash light in there normally.)
Captain
# 5
12-30-2013, 01:46 PM
There's nothing in it for Cryptic, so they won't add it.
I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shurato2099
Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
Career Officer
# 6
12-30-2013, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegalaxy31 View Post
There's nothing in it for Cryptic, so they won't add it.
C-Store purchase.
Captain
# 7
12-30-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiqa View Post
C-Store purchase.
Enough with having to purchase pieces of your ship seperately. I know it's just bridge/interior packs so far, but I don't want to end up paying 500 zen for a starboard nacelle.
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-30-2013, 02:39 PM
You've started the discussion with an terse argument instead of a nice question. Not a great way to entice someone to help you.
Survivor of Remus
# 9
12-31-2013, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nccmark View Post
You've started the discussion with an terse argument instead of a nice question. Not a great way to entice someone to help you.
I started with a terse argument???

I started by saying, "I appreciate that most of the Lobi and lock box ships have unique bridges, but why can't we have the drop-down menu options for the regular bridges and interiors if players prefer those?"

How is that a terse argument?

Anyway, something I didn't bring up is that the Breen cruiser is already this way -- it has a custom bridge OR you can use a regular bridge/interior from your faction if you refer.

If the devs can make that option for the Breen ship there's no reason they can't give that same option to all cross-faction ships.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."
Career Officer
# 10
12-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Enough with having to purchase pieces of your ship seperately. I know it's just bridge/interior packs so far, but I don't want to end up paying 500 zen for a starboard nacelle.
When someone asks why a company should bother to do something. The answer is to make money. How they can make money on something like this is to make it a character specific unlock through a purchase. Similar to how each of your characters may purchase Doff slot improvements. Or additional ship or boff slots.

By the same token if you do not care what the interior of your ship looks like then you need not spend any money on the effect.

People seem to want more/better interiors to the starships. But not pay for them. And those doing this asking seem to think we have enough ships already.

But ships and especially lock box ships seem to sell at a brisk pace. So why stop work on what sells for that which has no price to it. The only way to get it is to pay for it.