Lt. Commander
# 1 Disconnects on changing zone
02-01-2010, 04:17 PM
I am still getting a lot of this - when I beam up or warp out of a mission I have just completed I get disconnected from the server then when I try and log in it hangs on "Connecting to Account Server" for about 5 mins.

I assume the launcher hanging is due to waiting for my account to log out, but the disconnects every 30 mins or so are annoying. Has anyone had/solved this issue?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 05:42 PM
I have got the same problem warping in and out of systems and also on beam in and out it crashes roughly 80% of the time. I havent found out to fix this or been informed by the devs on what to do. This has been going on since early beta testing in nov-dec time frame thought it was cuz it was in beta but that is not the case.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I didn't have the problem in OB, just since the Head Start.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
I have now been stuck at the "Connecting to account server" for a little over an hour. Have tried PC/Modem restarts.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peiagh
I have now been stuck at the "Connecting to account server" for a little over an hour. Have tried PC/Modem restarts.
If I may suggest google HOW TO DISABLE PROXY SETTINGS. The problems u r having is very common atm. These glitches and problems are normal for a brand new MMOm it will smooth out shortly. It is weird urs started after beta. Mine has been doing it since Nov i think. There is a chance some how when the new patch came out ur STO game files on ur computer didnt patch correctly. You do have the option to delete the entire STO and reinstall it from scratch or like I said before it mite be that proxy setting thing it helped huge for me I am not nearly having the problems I had b4. But it may be a good idea to erase the entire thing and when the game gets released tmro do a fresh install and do download the patch. Also those who have done the digital download have had a number of problems in the game cuz the download didnt send them the entire game files. I am not sure if u did the digital download or not but now u have some options to try to see if that fixes the problem or not,

Vorcha