Lt. Commander
More Cowbell

Please not while some of these issues are small and others are big most if not all of these fixes would just make the game so much clear and efficient. In addition some of the things below might be in game already but I was unable to find a way to adjust them, so don't flame just post and i will edit my post to inform others how to adjust said option.

Debuffs on self notification:
Either icons or some sort of unit frame so i can see what i am affected with

Fleet colored nameplates: (not mini map)

It gets old after a vile on large PvP to find our mates cause everyone is the same shade of blue (how about green for fleet)

Fleet Deepspace encounter groups:
There needs to be a way that allows a group of 5 people to zone in together otherwise it is pretty much impossible to get everyoen into thesmae instance

Quick Travel:
Major Station i.e DS7, Memory Alpha, Etc.
Grouping - waiting on 1 person to start the mission is pretty awful

Change popup notification:
It is clunky, rather than having it pop in middle of screen why not make it more intuitive...slide in form one of the side.

NPC

Always having to click "store" or "continue" rather than scroll. it is clunky and again is a dated system clean up the UI

Stat information
There are so many different stats and really there is no one place a user can go easily to find out was +XXX does. (yes i am aware of the roll down but there are more stats that are included)

Mouse controls (space)
left mouse should be Camera look - working
right mouse should be Ship Look (direction) -why do I have to hold down both button to turn the ship every MMO in the past 4 years has used this same mechanic...so why change the paradigm it works

Auto fire

Hitting my space or ctrl space over and over again my wrists are in pain after a couple hours..use our heads and clean this control problem

Showing Teams shields/debuffs in the group bars
Currently there are no debuffs and only the first persons shields shows up in their player frame

Inventory
bank<->player shouldn't have to drag everything
split (i haven t found a way to do this)

Devices
The system should be smart that if the ship has 3 equipped and you have 3 in your inventory to merge them
Need to stack to 20 or even 50 (if you can equip these in combat what is the point to stacking them in 5s...to keep our inventory cluttered?
Easier interface i have to open up 3 windows to equip a device...kind of wonky

Tooltips
Need to have (equipped or some better indicator of an item in your inventory vs. equipped item
"info" for items should not turn your game dark and unable to do anything else. common sense tells us that you are getting info to compare something so when you click "info it disables everything else...wonky.

Systems config
Needs to be able to be keybound

NPC Names
i wasn't able to find a way to turn this on but basically it is pretty jarring when you have to run up close to a npc to see which they sell or who they are. (yes i am aware if you click on them but even then it doesn't tell you what they r there for only their name)

Questing Rewards:
This needs to be fixed ASAP, for some reason when you complete a quest there is a chance that you will note get your rewards this has happened to me personally about 8 times last 4 being of blue quality both BOff's and items. (this is a retail game there is no exception for this)

Flying vertically
I'm not trying to be realistic here but in space you are able to fly on the Y axis and i am confused as to why you cant do it here. there should be 360 degree movement it is space after all.

Player information
why does this default to the skills tab for the ship...you would think that since this pace is blank you would make id default to either the Ship status or player status as those would be the most used tabs...just a thought

Death Penalty:
There need to be so reasonable penalty for people who zerg for their strat. i am not sure how to address this in PvP as if you impose a stacking penalty it could get to a point that someone is out of the game for a good chunk and would make one side more powerful. then again at a certain point that might force player to play better.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynics
Please not while some of these issues are small and others are big most if not all of these fixes would just make the game so much clear and efficient. In addition some of the things below might be in game already but I was unable to find a way to adjust them, so don't flame just post and i will edit my post to inform others how to adjust said option.

It gets old after a vile on large PvP to find our mates cause everyone is the same shade of blue (how about green for fleet)

There needs to be a way that allows a group of 5 people to zone in together otherwise it is pretty much impossible to get everyoen into thesmae instance

Quick Travel:

It is clunky, rather than having it pop in middle of screen why not make it more intuitive...slide in form one of the side.

NPC

Always having to click "store" or "continue" rather than scroll. it is clunky and again is a dated system clean up the UI

Stat information
There are so many different stats and really there is no one place a user can go easily to find out was +XXX does. (yes i am aware of the roll down but there are more stats that are included)

Mouse controls (space)
right mouse should be Ship Look (direction) -why do I have to hold down both button to turn the ship every MMO in the past 4 years has used this same mechanic...so why change the paradigm it works

Auto fire

Hitting my space or ctrl space over and over again my wrists are in pain after a couple hours..use our heads and clean this control problem

Currently there are no debuffs and only the first persons shields shows up in their player frame

Inventory

Devices
The system should be smart that if the ship has 3 equipped and you have 3 in your inventory to merge them
Need to stack to 20 or even 50 (if you can equip these in combat what is the point to stacking them in 5s...to keep our inventory cluttered?

Tooltips
Need to have (equipped or some better indicator of an item in your inventory vs. equipped item
"info" for items should not turn your game dark and unable to do anything else. common sense tells us that you are getting info to compare something so when you click "info it disables everything else...wonky.

Systems config

NPC Names
i wasn't able to find a way to turn this on but basically it is pretty jarring when you have to run up close to a npc to see which they sell or who they are. (yes i am aware if you click on them but even then it doesn't tell you what they r there for only their name)

Questing Rewards:
This needs to be fixed ASAP, for some reason when you complete a quest there is a chance that you will note get your rewards this has happened to me personally about 8 times last 4 being of blue quality both BOff's and items. (this is a retail game there is no exception for this)

Flying vertically
I'm not trying to be realistic here but in space you are able to fly on the Y axis and i am confused as to why you cant do it here. there should be 360 degree movement it is space after all.

Player information
why does this default to the skills tab for the ship...you would think that since this pace is blank you would make id default to either the Ship status or player status as those would be the most used tabs...just a thought

Death Penalty:
There need to be so reasonable penalty for people who zerg for their strat. i am not sure how to address this in PvP as if you impose a stacking penalty it could get to a point that someone is out of the game for a good chunk and would make one side more powerful. then again at a certain point that might force player to play better.
I def agree on buffs and debuffs notification. most of your other points are pretty good, bravo ona clear concise positive feedback thread. Sorry it will eventually devolve into a flame fest though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Alright, let's have a look at these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynics
...I do not disagree here.

Quote:

1.) Wouldn't hurt.
2.) I have no experience in a fleet so I can't say whether or not this is there.

Quote:
Quick Travel:
Couldn't agree more.

Quote:

NPC

1.) Would be a little less jarring. I'm on board.
2.) I've no issue with the Popup Chat system with NPCs.

Quote:
Stat information
Wouldn't this be under the "Info" option when you right-click an item?

Quote:
Mouse controls (space)

Auto fire

1.) Left Mouse does this.
2.) Kind of agree. I much prefer using the right-mouse button to steer my character on foot. Having this with my ship would be equally nifty.

3.) Right-click on your phasers to set them to auto-fire. You'll have a green circle around the edges. This does not work with torpedoes.

Quote:

Inventory
Most of the stuff I put in the bank I don't need anyways (Minerals, Ship Components, Chateau Picard, etc.)

Quote:
Devices
I agree with the device stacking, though I think the device equipping is easy enough. Since you can't equip a device during combat there really isn't any high pressure situations that would call for it.

Quote:
Tooltips
I think there is a bug with the item descriptions. When you hover over an item, it'll show the unequipped item's perks under the equipped item as well. Perhaps when this is fixed this will also be included.

Quote:
Systems config
I'd need more detail before I could agree or disagree.

Quote:
NPC Names
Clarification vs. cluttering the screen. There really isn't much that can be done in that department.

Quote:
Questing Rewards:
Known bug. They're working on it.

Quote:
Flying vertically
I think I remember hearing something about this not happening because of limitations of the game engine. I wouldn't put too much weight on it, but there's one reason at least.

Quote:
Player information
I think that's only when you're on a ship. When I'm on a planet it opens to my character.

Quote:
Death Penalty:
We may see a death penalty eventually. Right now, as far as PvP is concerned, if they would remove holds I'd be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus

3.) Right-click on your phasers to set them to auto-fire. You'll have a green circle around the edges. This does not work with torpedoes.
Yes and no. Only 1 front and 1 rear weapon can be set to autofire. And you can set torpedoes to autofire. I wish they fix this once and for all.

Autofire is #1 on my list. And I tell you, I don't think I will stay very long if they do not add it.

Death penalty should be like in WoW. PVE death penalty, 10% damage to modules, pay a little to repair (gold sink as well). PVP, a stacking delay to rez. 1-2 deaths, no biggy, but die more, and you get more of a penalty. Nothing too bad, but helps son.

I agree with the OP, nice list there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the imput. i hope Cryptic sees this list
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 06:12 PM
When I opened this up I SOOO expected to see:

"more cowbell"

Oh and btw, you're wrong about torpedoes not auto-firing unless something has changed since I last logged in. You can only have one fore and one aft autofire. So if your phaser is set to autofire then your torp wont, but you can set the torp to autofire and you'll still have to manually fire your phaser for that arc.