Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Simply stop replying to them. Let the Feds rant all they want, with each other. If we stop replying to their posts, since they don't listen anyway, their threads will slide off the main page rather quickly.

Think about it. We've all shown time and again that if they'd prepare for PvP with decent gear (MK II in T1, MK IV in T2, etc), organization (forming teams, staying together, etc.), training their captain's skills and selecting type of equipment based on the BOff powers they're using and selecting the right BOff powers for their play style, that they'd actually be a force to be reckoned with. In other words, we've all given them advice on how to improve their game play and player skills. So by continuing to repeat this advice in every nerf/whine/rant thread they start, only jacks up the post count in those threads and keeps them on the first page. This makes it much more likely that the devs will see and listen to these rants.

My advice to my fellow Klingons is to engage cloak and get out of these forum fights. Stick to the battles we need to fight, such as those for getting our content in and fixing our bugs.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 11:46 AM
I am sorry..but it is not as if there is a PvP vendor that contains all the gear tweaks you mentioned in one place you know.

Most Feds get geared in a random fashion as the gear comes from Quests..there is really no planning involved that is permitted if you had everything in a vendor.

I started PvP yesterday I do not even know how to see how many Medals I have or what I can do with em...but every end of a match I sure seem to be getting them.

There is just too many things people are trying to figure out ion the fed side and that takes time..it is not all that simple as the Klingon side.

It is a bit overwhelming how many "currency" items there are here.

As for people complaining...itis normal people will always complain, for anything, just the other day there was someone complaining because the devs are responding to the german community...go figure.

Anyways, the problem here, that makes people complain is related to the above, plus the fact that the first time you participate in PvP you expect to be having a Slow battle like PVE where you can maneuver have time to tweak you power settings etc..and it really is not anything like that...the moment you start getting damage it is the moment you usually explode, that fast.

To be fair, I reserve final judgment for Grade 9-10, when I have more bonuses from skills and maybe some better gear (god I had hoped this game was not gear oriented, but they had to copy WoW's way)...

Live Long, fight hard, and Prosper!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 11:50 AM
open the skill window , click on your character and select the status tab , under progress it tells you how many medals of each type etc . the vendor that sells the gear is at the k7 starbase in eta eridani . and yes you have all the same gear we have on your vendors
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
I started PvP yesterday I do not even know how to see how many Medals I have or what I can do with em...but every end of a match I sure seem to be getting them.
And yet you tell us we are overpowered and are using impulse in combat. Everyone must start at the place of 0 knowledge when it comes to STO and STO PvP, the vast majority of us here in the Klingon faction started at that place back in closed beta.

As for you medals, they are used at K7 vendors. All of your vendors work last time I checked, our PvP kit vendor does not. As you said you get quest reward items to supplement as well. We don't.

Welcome to STO PvP the learning curve is steep.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post

Welcome to STO PvP the learning curve is steep.
I welcome it and that is why I came to the forums anyways to get informed because I was surprised the first battle greatly.

As for the Impulse in Combat, I genuinely am wondering I am not making any accusations here, I am simply trying to learn and understand, I was really surprised to see a BOP under fire by 4 Feds (myself included) just run from 4km to 16km...and out of weapons range in a few secs...I get the impression that when I do evasive it does not last that long nor does it go that fast.

it is why I was puzzled. (maybe I can record some battles and post em up on Youtube for commentary).

that being said, yes if many of you have been playing for a month then yes I will agree that there is definitely game knowledge (what we call player skill), disparity at this moment and no decisions should be made based on that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
I welcome it and that is why I came to the forums anyways to get informed because I was surprised the first battle greatly.

As for the Impulse in Combat, I genuinely am wondering I am not making any accusations here, I am simply trying to learn and understand, I was really surprised to see a BOP under fire by 4 Feds (myself included) just run from 4km to 16km...and out of weapons range in a few secs...I get the impression that when I do evasive it does not last that long nor does it go that fast.

it is why I was puzzled. (maybe I can record some battles and post em up on Youtube for commentary).

that being said, yes if many of you have been playing for a month then yes I will agree that there is definitely game knowledge (what we call player skill), disparity at this moment and no decisions should be made based on that.
Glad to have people looking to get informed, it certainly was how I learned. Now if there are exploits going on (on either side) we do want to know about them and have them fixed, but a number of people seem to be claiming exploits on things that they have not gathered enough knowledge about.

Again welcome, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here. Many of them are Klingons so we may not know everything about how Feds work, but we do like to know our enemies so we are likely to be able to help.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Quote:
I am sorry..but it is not as if there is a PvP vendor that contains all the gear tweaks you mentioned in one place you know.

Most Feds get geared in a random fashion as the gear comes from Quests..there is really no planning involved that is permitted if you had everything in a vendor.
Feds have PvP vendors just like Klingons. Furthermore, they have the exchange, which Klingons at this time (iirc) do not have.

So, on the account of Feds getting easier access to gear, the Klingons have a point. And that needs to be rectified.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Feds are also able to pull that off. I would use that little trick when I would get in trouble in combat with npc's.

Though its effectiveness in pvp for Federation players I cant really attest to.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevensided View Post
Feds have PvP vendors just like Klingons.
The Feds even have a mission early on that sends them to their PvP base, K7.

Quote:
Every mission that has a piece of equipment or a Bridge Officer, with the exception of the 1 where bridge officers offer to join at various rank/grades, gives a choice of which variant of that type of equipment you want. Be it shields, consoles, weapons, engines. You can even bring up your character sheet and powers selection (P key) while having the communications window open to check which of the choices would be more beneficial. Plus when you take the mission it tells you up front what the reward choices will be. So you do have a means to plan ahead in this fashion.

Quote:
Someone already addressed this one.

Quote:
There is just too many things people are trying to figure out ion the fed side and that takes time..it is not all that simple as the Klingon side.

It is a bit overwhelming how many "currency" items there are here.

As for people complaining...itis normal people will always complain, for anything, just the other day there was someone complaining because the devs are responding to the german community...go figure.

Anyways, the problem here, that makes people complain is related to the above, plus the fact that the first time you participate in PvP you expect to be having a Slow battle like PVE where you can maneuver have time to tweak you power settings etc..and it really is not anything like that...the moment you start getting damage it is the moment you usually explode, that fast.

To be fair, I reserve final judgment for Grade 9-10, when I have more bonuses from skills and maybe some better gear (god I had hoped this game was not gear oriented, but they had to copy WoW's way)...

Live Long, fight hard, and Prosper!
Yes there's a lot to learn, just as there is in every game when first starting out. The problem is too many are coming here and starting new threads calling for nerfs, saying Klingons are overpowered, etc, instead of taking the time to try to learn, or even read the sticky topics in the various forums that answer their questions.

New threads asking a question or for advice to deal with their shortcomings is fine and we'll all try to answer those questions as best we can. In fact we've even started other threads offering the advice, that haven't been stuck yet. Those get buried quickly because of those who rather rant and rave about balance issues, that are really just their lack of knowledge about the game and it's intricacies and not that one faction, ship, skill is overpowered or underpowered. Sure there are a few OP, UP or bugged skills that are known issues and the devs are working on.

My whole point of starting this thread was to ask everyone to stop arguing with the ranters for several reasons.
1) They aren't paying attention to the advice given to improve their knowledge about the game.
2) They tend to immediately post a new thread instead of actually reading those we already have.
3) Some of them only start these topics only to fight in the forums instead of trying to learn the game.

As long as we continue catering to these folks who only want to rant and argue instead of genuinely wanting to learn from their mistakes and improve their PvP abilities, we only encourage them to rant, rave and argue more.

Therefore if we all restrain ourselves from posting in the threads calling for nerfs, but continue posting in those asking for or giving advice it'll keep the advice threads at the top and let the rants slide off the page. Then it'll be more likely that those needing and wanting help will actually find it. While those that just want to vent will have accomplished it and we can all move on.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Thank you Monthar, (btw is this Monthar from POTBS, seems like many of us are in STO).