Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 07:54 PM
I can confirm the thing about getting the officer if you are not in sector space. I tried twice in sector space, and did not receive either officer (both were bugged). I just now tried while in a mission, and did receive that officer.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
Hi everyone,

We've been seeing a lot of reports of players missing Bridge Officers granted as rewards for leveling up, or as mission rewards. We know that finding these for some players can be confusing, so, I wanted to post where you should look for your Bridge Officer before you file a bug report.

Once you have completed the quest, and received your Bridge Officer, Open Your Assignments Window, and you should see on the right side of that window a column called "Bridge Officer Candidates". And Bridge Officers requesting to join your crew can be found there.

Attachment 3401

Simply Click on the officer requesting to join your crew and they will ask if you wish them to join up, or if you prefer using them to train an existing member of your crew.

On the other hand, should your Bridge Officer not be there, please file a bug report and include as much information as you can. How did you get this missing candidate? Was it from a mission? What time did it happen? Where were you when you turned in the quest? All of this information will help us to solve the problem quickly.

Thanks,

Stormshade
We know where they are supposed to be. They're not there. We HAVE posted bugs. I'm up to 6 BO's missing and am afraid to open the other missions I have with them for fear of them vanishing too. It's good to see you're not listening or taking us seriously.

Good luck to you when you go live tomorrow and 1,000's of people lose BO's and quest rewards to this bug and you screw them over like you've screwed us.

You're all "you just don't know where to look here", but when you reply to our tickets you say "this is a known issue we're looking into".

Thanks for the consistency.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethelred View Post
I can confirm the thing about getting the officer if you are not in sector space. I tried twice in sector space, and did not receive either officer (both were bugged). I just now tried while in a mission, and did receive that officer.
I've tried every possible way, hence my being down 6 of them.

I've tried going to Earth and talking to the NPC....vanished.
I've tried accepting inside a mission...vanished.
In space...vanished.
On the ground....vanished.

It's not consistent. I've managed to get 2 and lose 6, and one of my fleet mates has lost 100% of his, every time he gets a mission with a BO he loses it, so he's stopped opening them.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 09:08 PM
At this point im actually scared to play.. because i was told by a gm in a nutshell Go screw you self we know but wont do anything so tough luck buddy...

The missions i can get now at 22 are major upgrades that are VERY needed.. But if they just disappear into thin air i have nothing to fall back on.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 09:15 PM
The fact is, I played through Beta and did the exact same missions, received the rewards, and commissioned my BOs. I know how it works.

This time around, I'm doing the same mission, and not getting the BO. It's not a mistake on my behalf, it's a bug. How many times do we have to say it?

Don't want to get cranky, but I just want Cryptic to actually acknowledge it as a bug - a possibly game-breaking bug at that as people are losing very rare BOs that are unavailable anywhere else.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Three things...

First off, there were a lot of new players who reported not getting bridge officer rewards, and when we investigated, we found that they had the bridge officer and just didn't know where to look for it. The purpose of Stormy's post was to inform those people, not to insult people who know the game from beta.

Secondly, the patch we pushed this afternoon had a fix for a bug that could cause selectable mission rewards to not get awarded.

Thirdly, if anyone fails to get a bridge officer reward from a mission, please file a bug and post here and include your full character name (name@handle), the mission you were turning in, and the time when the problem occurred (including time zone!) The more accurate the time you provide the better. Please only post this info here if this occurs from here on out. We want to be sure that our fix today did resolve the problem. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
Three things...

First off, there were a lot of new players who reported not getting bridge officer rewards, and when we investigated, we found that they had the bridge officer and just didn't know where to look for it. The purpose of Stormy's post was to inform those people, not to insult people who know the game from beta.

Secondly, the patch we pushed this afternoon had a fix for a bug that could cause selectable mission rewards to not get awarded.

Thirdly, if anyone fails to get a bridge officer reward from a mission, please post here and include your full character name (name@handle), the mission you were turning in, and the time when the problem occurred (including time zone!) The more accurate the time you provide the better.
So does that mean we can get the bridge officers even if we reported it and moved on levels ago? If thats the case I am missing like 3 or 4 from missions and levelup missions on one character and on another I am missing the very first one.

And yes I have looked for them and no they were not there
Lt. Commander
# 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehpic
Neat. Of course we wouldn't know this until now, because you've not released patch notes for the last 6 patches or so.

Is there any chance we could start doing that again?
Lt. Commander
# 29
ya so is it fixed now or is it still bugged at this time ?
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Westermann@INVAD3R_J I did make several bug reports and a GM reports. Im not sure the exact time but it was CST-6 between Friday & Saturday of headstart. I was offered 3 BOs after attaining the level requirement, the 1 & 3 offers yielded the offering but after hitting accept it closed the contact screen, and the BO was no where to be found I have accepted and trained before but these instances they actually "vanished"
Closed Thread