Notices

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Having the same issue
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Has no one heard from them yet....everyshould try and send a messeage to support...they have to do something about it eventually....
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 04:57 PM
For me I not only have a terrible time logging in, but even if i manage to get to the character screen and I pick the toon I want to play, then try to log into the game, it 99% of the time (and I wish I was exaggerating but I'm not) comes with 'server not responding' and dumps me back to log in. Rinse, repeat...for about two hours till I finally gave up.

Then once I'm in game (I actually played for an entire 20 minutes in one go today...a record! and no I am not kidding) *any* time I zone from one place to the other (like ship to planet or vice versa or from one space sector to another) I get dumped to log in again. Gee isn't this fun kids? NOT.

Those of us who played in Beta have been screaming and stomping about his for weeks..my guess is Cryptic just doesn't give a hoot. It seems that way anyway..I hope they're doing something to fix it, or that it's just because of all the new folks trying to come online at once, but then again I'm an incurable optimist.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 05:37 PM
LOL another arrogant game developer that takes your money and when things go bad they won't communicate with their subscribers. I still have not been able to even get into the game to create a toon. Keep getting bumped back to the login screen. Well at least I found out how they are early. I'm done, taking the game back for a refund in the morning.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranck
I know there are server issues, and slow load times...but I can't even get the Alpha Centauri sector (where my toon warped to yesterday) to load. It looks like it gets about 80% loaded, then stops. I've logged off and on, trying to connect to my character...waiting up to 30 minutes for the page to load, etc. and nothing.

I know others are "lost in space" right now too...but it's frustrating to not be able to play.
I have the same thing now at Alpha Centauri as well.....had it in Sol, now have it in AC.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Epic fail, on par with the CU for SWG. I was warned that Cryptic making an MMO was a very bad idea and so far I have no reason to argue that point. I don't know what is so hard about making a good quality game in the star trek universe, it just seems anyone who gets their hands on the rights, fouls it up something fierce.

Shame on you Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Well guys I don't know why some are having this problem, but others like me are zoning in and out in seconds. The reason I'm here is my friend who is grouped with me is having the same problem loading into sol. Think I'm going to have him update his video drivers and see if that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 09:27 PM
I turned graphics down to low and it took 10 minutes to login, but it finally worked!

when you are at character selection press escape, go to options, video, and put graphics down to lowest setting then attempt to login, it should work!

FIX FIX FIX! Read READ READ! FIX!
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 10:03 PM
Found this on another post but fixed my friends load problem, call up the load screen, pick options, select fast load and safe mode, enter game. Another post suggested it was the world texture setting in the advanced graphic setting on the game doing it. Turn that setting down to 50%
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-02-2010, 10:10 PM
yes, I cant get past the character screen, and that usually takes 10 minutes.