Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 05:56 PM
If you got the DDE from GameStop then Trymedia is the one handling the key I am afraid. They handled the key from Open Beta, so I doubt much has changed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrem View Post
my biggest fear right now is getting charged twice for one game. I think that's more likely then not getting the retail key at all.
Hopefully the "pending" STO was only put there to let everyone know that they acknowledge preparations for the release later on.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one too.

These are bad times to be getting double charged and it would probably make me nerdrage. I can't stand anyone messing with my money.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTuxia View Post
If you got the DDE from GameStop then Trymedia is the one handling the key I am afraid. They handled the key from Open Beta, so I doubt much has changed.
Aw boo!

I had to call GameStop and they were able to send me a beta key tonight so I was really hoping....

The TryMedia thing upsets me because the product is not very tangible so if something goes wrong it feels like it will not be fun trying to have it all sorted out.

I did contact them both asking them about my keys TryMedia said to talk to GameStop. GameStop tried to send me to TryMedia... GameStop did get the beta key to me but didn't offer any input in regards to the Retail Key.

At first I was feeling rather bad about this whole thing, but if TryMedia does pull through I will be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 06:18 PM
I've also got that double charge thing with a new order I didn't make. Before Open Beta we had them canceled and were told to re-order, then were told the order was fixed and went back to pending. So ended up with two pre-orders going, but they canceled one of them.

Actually checking back it WAS GS who sent the e-mails,. now I am getting confused KHAAAAAN!

Just to put your mind at ease I did get my OB key at 12:08 PM on the 12th of Jan, so you should get yours tomorrow:

"Hello,

Thank you for your email.

We don't yet have specifics on the time, but except to to be early Pacific Time on the 2nd. Your retail key will indeed be sent after the card is billed, and will allow you to unlock any bonus content applicable to the version you purchased.

Sincerely,

xxxx

Trymedia Games Customer Support"
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsentients
Hopefully the "pending" STO was only put there to let everyone know that they acknowledge preparations for the release later on.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one too.

These are bad times to be getting double charged and it would probably make me nerdrage. I can't stand anyone messing with my money.
I hope this is true, I also have two STO;s appearing ...one pending....one captured....I am so confused
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
I've also got that double charge thing with a new order I didn't make. Before Open Beta we had them canceled and were told to re-order, then were told the order was fixed and went back to pending. So ended up with two pre-orders going, but they canceled one of them.

Actually checking back it WAS GS who sent the e-mails,. now I am getting confused KHAAAAAN!

Just to put your mind at ease I did get my OB key at 12:08 PM on the 12th of Jan, so you should get yours tomorrow:

"Hello,

We don't yet have specifics on the time, but except to to be early Pacific Time on the 2nd. Your retail key will indeed be sent after the card is billed, and will allow you to unlock any bonus content applicable to the version you purchased.

Sincerely,

xxxx

Haha! ^_^

Something about the GameStop/TryMedia thing struck me as needlessly complicated. The emails seemed vague and the empty download cart set my radar off... I had no keys... then there was the gift purchase twist-- the double items (pending/captured) on other peoples accounts that really put it over the top for me.

It was the perfect storm of confusing. lol

I probably haven't been making it anyless complicated myself

Thank you for all the information. Good to know that the keys will be going out early.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 06:35 PM
its all a scam
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Quote:

"Hello,

Sincerely,

xxxx

Okay if it is anything like D2D then you won't be able to download till 10am PST (6pm GMT)
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsnow View Post
I hope this is true have two STO;s appearing ...one pending....one captured....I am so confused
Hang in there! We can be confused together!

I noticed that in TryMedia's defense they aren't accredited with the BBB and may never have been . I think if a business ever was it would say so even after no longer holding accreditation. It's low rating is because of 11 unanswered complaints... but since it hasn't been with the BBB before they probably aren't corresponding with the BBB at all. So they may be solving the majority of their complaints on their own and haven't even considered resolving complaints with the BBB.

So I guess I mean that maybe they are doing a decent job and hopefully they meant to put the "pending" items on the accounts with the intention of removing them as the keys roll out.

If we all get double charged we can start a double charged thread tomorrow lol
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsentients
Hang in there! We can be confused together!

I noticed that in TryMedia's defense they aren't accredited with the BBB and may never have been . I think if a business ever was it would say so even after no longer holding accreditation. It's low rating is because of 11 unanswered complaints... but since it hasn't been with the BBB before they probably aren't corresponding with the BBB at all. So they may be solving the majority of their complaints on their own and haven't even considered resolving complaints with the BBB.

So I guess I mean that maybe they are doing a decent job and hopefully they meant to put the "pending" items on the accounts with the intention of removing them as the keys roll out.

If we all get double charged we can start a double charged thread tomorrow lol
if they do doible charge all their customers I dont see how in the world they should ever do business again.. gamestop will have such a bad pr backlash they will dump them for sure.