Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaxy
its all a scam
Yes I had that feeling initially.

But after I thought about it a while... as long as I had a valid retail key I didnt think that anyone could really prevent me from playing the game....

UNLESS GS or TM have some weird key related DRM thing going so that the keys don't work with game clients downloaded from other providers. (I'm a bit behind the times on this type of thing....)

Most of the complaints I read about TM were from people who had to download the games multiple times... I wasn't sure if their key had expired or something like that or if they were just limited in the number of downloads they could have through TM.

But with an MMO type game such as this, I'm not sure TryMedia could control that, because I believe the validation would probably be on Cryptic's end and in Cryptic's best interests to keep us paying our monthlies.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
if they do doible charge all their customers I dont see how in the world they should ever do business again.. gamestop will have such a bad pr backlash they will dump them for sure.
Haha definitely!

I've seen other companies get away with crazier things but I'm thinking that they will make sure they don't hit everyone with a double charge... because you're right -- the first thing ppl will do is get on the phone with GameStop. :p
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsnow View Post
I hope this is true have two STO;s appearing ...one pending....one captured....I am so confused
I have the same thing showing. Jokes on them if they try to double-charge me - I only left $65 in the bank account/credit card I used to pay them with!

Edit: Oh, and they already took the $60, too!
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsentients
Yes I had that feeling initially.

But after I thought about it a while... as long as I had a valid retail key I didnt think that anyone could really prevent me from playing the game....

UNLESS GS or TM have some weird key related DRM thing going so that the keys don't work with game clients downloaded from other providers. (I'm a bit behind the times on this type of thing....)

Most of the complaints I read about TM were from people who had to download the games multiple times... I wasn't sure if their key had expired or something like that or if they were just limited in the number of downloads they could have through TM.

But with an MMO type game such as this, I'm not sure TryMedia could control that, because I believe the validation would probably be on Cryptic's end and in Cryptic's best interests to keep us paying our monthlies.
Well its all messed up between all parties right now.. I was saying it was a scam on trymedia part mostly because they are not giving the keys and apparently double charging people possibly. Its alot of things going wrong right now.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Well its all messed up between all parties right now.. I was saying it was a scam on trymedia part mostly because they are not giving the keys and apparently double charging people possibly. Its alot of things going wrong right now.
If all this shakes out smoothly I will be pleasantly surprised and will have one less thing to be so cynical about. It would be nice for a change.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-01-2010, 06:59 PM
I believe this is needless panic, just like the panic that ensued the whole Trymedia "refunded" debacle. That all worked itself out.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
I believe this is needless panic, just like the panic that ensued the whole Trymedia "refunded" debacle. That all worked itself out.
maybe, maybe not.. they never delivered the headstart keys to a bunch of people so its not giving me any confidence about what could happen if they failed already.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
Not for me it hasn't. My DDE with Gamestop/Trymedia was cancelled by them, It is still showing as refunded and cancelled, and no explanation as to why.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 07:03 PM
No matter what trymedia's site says, my card has only been charged once so I don't see a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2010, 07:23 PM
I am in the same boat it would seem. I have what looks like 2 orders on my acct showing as pending and captured. Gamestop says talk to Trymedia, and there is no way to contact Trynmedia except for a web form that they have ignored for the past 4 days.

I purchased the Deluxe digital download so that I could have head start access. Now not only do I NOT have access but the folks that walk into GS at midnight tonight will have access before me and I paid a week before them. I called GS earlier today and they sent me 2 "beta" keys which were suppose to grant me HS access. Neither code would activate for me under my STOL account.

I have multiple game systems and will never purchase another item from Gamestop again. I understand this is a Trymedia issue, but GS is not blameless in this and they should be representing my issues with Trymedia; not just telling me to contact Trymedia when there is almost no way TO contact the damn company.