Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,014
# 31
01-02-2014, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
LOOOOOOOOOL.. really? Maybe what you want is an I Win Botton.

The race is fun, and even if you loss with out doing any effort you get a reward. Is the only part of the game that awards the effort and the best player, something that is really common in any succefull MMO.

Leave the race alone, is the only motive to enter the winter event. I am not against alternatives way to earn tags, but if you want to earn 12 tags, win the race.

I am tired of players calling STO a hard game..

At first I lost every race, then I began to practice alone, making the circuit after hours (no event). A few days later, I won all the races. Yes, I took me time and effort to win.. consider that before asking nerf.

Ohh.. and btw, asking for something in the game to be removed because you dont like, is extremely selfish.
I agree with both you, and the person you replied to. Sometimes, you just don't feel like doing the race, but would still like a way to get that particular award. (This is coming from someone who did it enough times to get 80+ tags, over 3 days, on 8 characters, lol). And there were plenty of times I wished that there was an alternate way.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,014
# 32
01-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagledraco View Post
The line jumping teleport bug or "feature" this year is pretty bad. On zone chat a few people admitted they are using this bug to grief others. Purposely waiting a second after someone waves causing them to fail. I find myself just switching to an empty instance to avoid this grief-er bug.

The other main bug - actual an exploit - is in the PvP Fast and Flurrious race. Lots of people have figured this exploit out and are simply unbeatable. They cheat to 1st place easily using this exploit that I will not repeat here. I'd try to explain but it's against forum rules to post exploits. I can only hope the devs are aware and will take steps to fix it next year.
Have you thought about either submitting a bug report, or PM'ing a dev or Brandon, and describing the bug, so they know what to look for?

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 253
# 33
01-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagledraco View Post
The line jumping teleport bug or "feature" this year is pretty bad. On zone chat a few people admitted they are using this bug to grief others. Purposely waiting a second after someone waves causing them to fail. I find myself just switching to an empty instance to avoid this grief-er bug.
It was my greatest pleasure when for once this worked in my favour. Some fool ran up to the official while I was waiting patiently, after lining up behind someone else. Ran up and tried to steal away the spot from me and he got rooted instead.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 708
# 34
01-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
LOOOOOOOOOL.. really? Maybe what you want is an I Win Botton.

The race is fun, and even if you loss with out doing any effort you get a reward. Is the only part of the game that awards the effort and the best player, something that is really common in any succefull MMO.

Leave the race alone, is the only motive to enter the winter event. I am not against alternatives way to earn tags, but if you want to earn 12 tags, win the race.

I am tired of players calling STO a hard game..

At first I lost every race, then I began to practice alone, making the circuit after hours (no event). A few days later, I won all the races. Yes, I took me time and effort to win.. consider that before asking nerf.

Ohh.. and btw, asking for something in the game to be removed because you dont like, is extremely selfish.

I agree with not changing the race but I would suggest changing the reward t something like this:

Either:

1st = 12 tags
2nd = 10 tags
3rd = 8 tags
All others = 6 tags

Or

1st =12 tags
2nd = 8 tags
3rd = 6 tags
All Others = 3 tags

That way people either run the race once and get what they need for that day or at most have to run it twice and anyone who places is done for the day. I know I have 14 toons and it can be crazy sometimes to get everyone done if I have to run the race 3+ times on each person. I usually do well in the race but I'm thinking of the lowest performer here.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,061
# 35
01-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefl View Post
I agree with not changing the race but I would suggest changing the reward t something like this:

Either:

1st = 12 tags
2nd = 10 tags
3rd = 8 tags
All others = 6 tags

Or

1st =12 tags
2nd = 8 tags
3rd = 6 tags
All Others = 3 tags

That way people either run the race once and get what they need for that day or at most have to run it twice and anyone who places is done for the day. I know I have 14 toons and it can be crazy sometimes to get everyone done if I have to run the race 3+ times on each person. I usually do well in the race but I'm thinking of the lowest performer here.
I think this is fair.

Three runs per toon maximum is too much, if we're talking anything much over two toons.

Two maximum is a little bit easier to bear, while still giving a tangible reward to skill in the race.
Ensign
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7
# 36
01-03-2014, 11:27 PM
why do we have to click the flag at the final part of the race?

the "clicking" part plus latency is quite annoying.

if u didnt manage to get the 1st flag, chances are u will end up getting last.

sometimes i can spam the freaking 'f' button on the keyboard while looking the at the popup and yet the next one following behind just grab it.

poor design by nature...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 931
# 37
01-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
FREE TIP :
This happen when you start waving before the other one. The last one to click the "start" button is the one that will start, everyone else is rooted and fail. So, you just have to wait a tiny bit when you see the button "start", and then push it. You'll start, the line-jumper will be rooted and disqualified.
I did it myself, it's a lot of fun.
However, what the griefing "line jumpers" do is not rush to the line and attempt to get into the race first, they sit there waiting for you to hit start first so they can wave too, and, being the "final waver", get into the race...

I think one guy wrote he waited 15 minutes in an effort to "outlast" the jumper, who was not keying on "start", but on a fellow player raising his hand...
Yes, I'm going here. Iconic / "hero" ships, I'm talking Galaxy/Defiant/Intrepid here you TNG-era fans, get a T6 version, then ALL the hero ships (Connie, Miranda, NX, etc.) need one too. I'm a ToS fan, and proud of it. This is a themepark, let me enjoy my ride or none of us deserve one...
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,014
# 38
01-04-2014, 03:14 PM
What sucks,, is some don't even pay attention. Had one guy line- jump me, so I had to go re-start the mission and come back. Then the guy that was behind me, complained that I line-jumped him. Told him, I wasn't sorry, as I had gotten line-jumped, so I was next in line anyway, not him.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 186
# 39
01-05-2014, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
LOOOOOOOOOL.. really? Maybe what you want is an I Win Botton.

The race is fun, and even if you loss with out doing any effort you get a reward. Is the only part of the game that awards the effort and the best player, something that is really common in any succefull MMO.

Leave the race alone, is the only motive to enter the winter event. I am not against alternatives way to earn tags, but if you want to earn 12 tags, win the race.

I am tired of players calling STO a hard game..

At first I lost every race, then I began to practice alone, making the circuit after hours (no event). A few days later, I won all the races. Yes, I took me time and effort to win.. consider that before asking nerf.

Ohh.. and btw, asking for something in the game to be removed because you dont like, is extremely selfish.

I have to agree with the fellow. The race is so full of questionable problems and the source of many bitter players in the Winter zone chat, Perfect World made a very poor choice. I really hope next year that they get rid of the race and replace it with something actually fun and expand on the holiday spirit of peace.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 90
# 40
01-05-2014, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
1.) "They're Entering The Final Stretch!"
Hmm, no. If you look at the map, you start at 9 o'clock position, and the announcement of the final stretch is at the 3 o'clock position. That's about 2/3 the way, not anywhere near 'final'. The final stretch is generally the final straightaway on an oval track. By that definition, the final stretch of this race is very very near the end.

2.) Vendor Voices
I've had to turn off ALL voices to stop the nonstop yelling by the chef, epohh breeder and etc. How about a separate audio on/off for special event NPCs?

3.) Fastest Game on Ice line jumpers
Why when someone runs up and starts the race the same time I'm trying to start it, we both wave, then they get ported to the track and my race gets auto-failed? Then I have to run back and reacquire the race while the line-jumper gets to run the race. I have yet to 'win' the starting over a line jumper.

4.) Raising Epohhs 24hr cooldown
Why 24hrs when the Race is on 20hrs? Makes it hard for people who can't be on all the time. You can't 'walk' the time back for easier access on later days.
I strongly agree with all of these, points 2 and 4 in particular.

I swear I close my eyes at night and all I can hear is "Epohhs, get your cuddly and friendly Epohhs". Bahhhhh!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:40 AM.