Lt. Commander
Our Miranda class ships can not compare to the t2 ships the level 11's are bringing in. The damage difference is large. Doesnt a new fleet mission open up at level 11 for those guys? The last 4 fleet actions I have been in have all been topped by 3 or more level 11's.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Certainly not, it would allow the lowbies to have fun !

You must realize that in STO, until you hit level 11, you play the most boring patrols with the most boring ship using the most boring skills. That way, Cyptic makes sure that you'll never try the funny stuff waiting for you later.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonsin View Post
Our Miranda class ships can not compare to the t2 ships the level 11's are bringing in. The damage difference is large. Doesnt a new fleet mission open up at level 11 for those guys? The last 4 fleet actions I have been in have all been topped by 3 or more level 11's.
no10characters
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonsin View Post
I agree and don't agree.
I think SB24, and all fleet-actions, should be available indefinitely... but they should add level brackets.

Side note:
This also brings up a small problem. Being able to get to Admiral in a relatively short amount of time, along with the limited character slots, this game will likely not have much of a "mid-level" population, when compared to the likes of WoW. It's going to become very top-heavy.

So while I stand by my idea of brackets... eventually low-levels might find themselves in a pretty small group when taking things on like SB24.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Certainly not, it would allow the lowbies to have fun !

You must realize that in STO, until you hit level 11, you play the most boring patrols with the most boring ship using the most boring skills. That way, Cyptic makes sure that you'll never try the funny stuff waiting for you later.

Hmm, I wonder why Starfleet wouldn't assign an Ensign captain to high-profile missions...

Because you send Ensigns to kill boars, and Lt. Commanders to kill bigger boars.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PISTOLcm View Post
Hmm, I wonder why Starfleet wouldn't assign an Ensign captain to high-profile missions...

Because you send Ensigns to kill boars, and Lt. Commanders to kill bigger boars.

Ah ah ah : Lt Commanders are busy farming SB24 for blue crap.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Personally I like seeking some high tier ships comming in to save me and kick ass
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 05:51 PM
save you from what ? no death penalty so just respawn => shift+r, 1 x space bar, peeew peeew
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 05:51 PM
there should be level brackets, AND an "Everyone" bracket. To be honest, I've been doing starbase 24 while lvl 4 with all whites and I've been in top 3 90% of the time, and won 6 blues so far...

Starbase is actually very little about pure dps, and more about strategy, weapon placing, and timing.

It's also a very good place to test things out, "Oh I got a shiny new weapon! This setup should be awesome! 600 DPS DROP?! " So yes, T2 do have advantages, but the difference between tier 2 and 1 is not nearly as big as you think. Maybe you should try out different tactics? All I know is I wouldn't have the 120k credits I have now (I'm level 6), without starbase... Besides, sure there's some ppl waaay too high in there, but most of the ppl move on once blues are too little for them...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
save you from what ? no death penalty so just respawn => shift+r, 1 x space bar, peeew peeew
Doesn't mean dying isn't annoying.
The harm to one's pride can be greater than any artificial game mechanic punishment.

Especially if others see you die.