Ensign
# 1 feels like im missing quests?
11-09-2012, 06:07 AM
Greetings all,

I am quite new to this game (got it 3 weeks I guess). I feel like I am missing quests and am levelling way to fast. Yesterday I hit Commander and got my heavy cruiser. I have been following the episode quests mostly so I have been fighting lot's of Klingons and Orions.

The reason I feel like I am missing stuff is that in a let's play I saw the guy fighting also the Breen for example. I never saw a breen as far as I know. Am I passing to quickly by doing the main storyline? And if so, is there a way to play the lower level mission (even if I would be overpowered).

I play an engineer flying cruisers. I play this game mostly because I love star trek and I want the full startrek experience. So neat quests and walking around with tv series equipment/ ships is more important for me than maxing out my ship build etc.

Thanks in advance
Career Officer
# 2
11-09-2012, 06:21 AM
Patience Grasshopper, and welcome to Star Trek Online

You will meet the Breen officially at rank Rear Admiral, Upper Half (48) when you reach the Breen Invasion Episodes. This will be right after completing the Borg Collective Episodes starting at Rear Admiral, Upper Half (47). And this, of course, follows the Cardassian Struggle Episodes that commence at Captain (39).

So relax, enjoy your ship, and boldly go where no man has gone before.
Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-09-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keestromp View Post
The reason I feel like I am missing stuff is that in a let's play I saw the guy fighting also the Breen for example. I never saw a breen as far as I know. Am I passing to quickly by doing the main storyline? And if so, is there a way to play the lower level mission (even if I would be overpowered).
The storyline missions you get in order even if you level faster than their progression (unless you go into the Episodes tab in the journal and manually skip forward).

They all scale to your current level, so even if you get ahead of them, you won't be overpowering them.

You can also replay them in the Episode tab of the journal, since they scale up they'll be at your new level instead of where you were when you first played them, complete with level appropriate rewards.
Ensign
# 4
11-09-2012, 06:32 AM
Ok thank you guys for your answers. As Michaelteigue said, I will enjoy my ship and relax. I just was a bit scared I would hit high level to fast and wouldn't be able to enjoy those great storylines properly.

Now I understand I can also do all the sidequest I would like to, level as fast or slow as it will take, and still be able to do all those quests. Correct?

Btw, Great game. I always wanted to play something between startrek armada and a rpg. I played most startrek games and the best I got to was a mod for sins of a solar empire. So I am very happy to have discovered this one.

Cheers
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
11-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by keestromp View Post
Now I understand I can also do all the sidequest I would like to, level as fast or slow as it will take, and still be able to do all those quests. Correct?
Correct. Aside from data samples, everything in solo content scales to your current level. Group content is generally either level banded (so you end up with other people of your rank) or scales you to match it (the equipment system on ships still generally leaves you wanting, but it's better than nothing).
Captain
# 6
11-09-2012, 07:49 AM
As you get to higher levels you will have to do some of those side quests to get the xp points to reach the next level for the episode quests. Which is a good thing, you level pretty fast in this game as it is and some of the side quests reward you with Dilithium.
Empire Veteran
# 7
11-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Welcome to the game and indeed have fun!

We've all been there at some point, leveling too fast and all, fun part is that if you still have much 'o the story line open (not done) there is still much to do after you hit level cap, and as said before you'll get level appropriate items/gear (Mk XI i believe)!