Lt. Commander
# 1 Constant disconnect problems
02-01-2010, 07:01 PM
I have repeatedly been getting disconnected when I make it in game. This will happen several times in a 30 minute time frame. When I try and log back in my connection times out. This is getting really old. Does anyone have an suggestions on what to check or do to resolve this issue?

I have comcast cable type internet connection.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Lots of us having this issue.
02-01-2010, 08:47 PM
And Cryptic doesn't even have a PR person checking these threads or responding to us in any way .
I ticketed this issue a week ago Friday , and basically the reply I got back was it was my problem , their server is working as intended . If I can't connect it must be MY fault somehow.

I'm no noob to networking . I have AT&T Uverse , which is fiberoptic up to 1 block from my apartment . I have a rotuer set up behind the modem . I put my gaming rig in the DMZ of the router , and put the router in the DMZ of the modem . So pretty much everything gets straight through . Turned off everything that had to do with the game in my antivurus and firewall . Made sure that NO ports are blocked at all . Still can't connect to the server or a reliabe basis .

I contacted AT&T and had the best tech ever help me out , and after 2 hours he told me the issue HAS to be on their end . That every single diagnostic that he ran said that I should be getting at least 80ms latency to any port that I try to communicate on to their IP's.

Yet even so , I get a ping of 75 ms to the connect server , then everything past that times out on a regular basis . Every once in a while I get lucky and can connect and play for 15 to 20 minutes before I get disconnected again .

Oh , and don't expect any response from Cryptic , apparently they only have 1 person that even looks at the forums , and I'm sure he is swamped beyond belief . When he does reply to a forum , it is usually with a standard reply that you will find totally useless.

2 things that I have found out that MAY help .
1. Try using one of the proxies . That helps some connect . If I try to connect without a proxie , I get immediately disconnected at trying to retrieve characters . Using the proxy gives me the best chance of connecting ( about 1 in every 500 attempts so far ) . I have set there trying to log in for 45 minutes at a time with no success , then come back 3 hours later and get in on the first attempt .

2. Try turning your graphics to the MINIMUM setting ( think it's called performance in the UI ).
Apparently the client chokes to death when the server tries to send in too much information about it's graphical enviroment . ( which is sad , because as I have stated in other threads , I can get up to 100 FPS in WOW with full AA and AF turned on and view maxed out at a resolution of 1680*1050 )
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 08:49 PM
When you crash do you get this code 3968843?

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=96881
Lt. Commander
# 4 I'm not crashing.
02-01-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm getting constant disconnects . There is a difference . A crash implies the game client crashes booting me to desktop . That isn't happening . I simply cannot connect to the server .
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Turn off EVERYTHING ELSE that connects to your router...

ESPECIALLY TORRENTS !

Worked for me...

Torrents were giving me DC's.. now ... NEVER A DC !
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Well I just now started having issues with this a half hour ago and I've been playing since the first hour of the open beta. Nothing has changed on my end. Anyways just wanted to report it, been disconnected 4 times in last 5 minutes, kinda rediculous. Cryptic sure better work some of this stuff out before launch or they are so screwed.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm from canada and I've had the same problem since open beta. sometimes when they reset the shard I can connect without proxy and the game runs smooth, other times I can only connect with a proxy so it's pretty obvious to me that the problem is on their end.

Since the pre-start I haven't been able to log in much at all. The EU proxy Dc's me all the time, and running without a proxy is pointless. I've also talked to my ISP and they concluded that the problem is with crypic. Since I've been using them for five other mmo's without problem it seems unlikely that the problem is on their end.

I guess it just rubs me raw that I paid money with the expectation that I would be able to play the game I paid for. If things don't get better soon i'm thinking crypic might be on the recieving end of a nasty class action lawsuit.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 07:36 AM
When it happens to me it just states "server is not responding" I make several attempts to get back in and it's a no go for me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 10:09 AM
I'd really be understanding if we could a response on the issue, or would be told what additional information would be useful to help solve the issue, or i it is something that cryptic thinks they can have resolved soon and its just the increased server load or something.

-Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by _TriTone_ View Post
I'd really be understanding if we could a response on the issue, or would be told what additional information would be useful to help solve the issue, or i it is something that cryptic thinks they can have resolved soon and its just the increased server load or something.

-Cheers
Or if they answered the tickets I've submitted.