Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 07:38 PM
most people above miranda are saying its too easy in game...

and regardless, you shouldnt have to wait 11 levels for fun
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Current difficulty slider = group with people, go do diffrent missions = solo content meant for more than one person.

About the only way i've found so far to make it more fun. Well, space wise at least. Ground combat tends to brutalise me but the theory is sound.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
Let me know what you think when you get to Commander and the enemy uses advanced BO abilities like Viral Matrix I followed up by High Yield III on you.
Actually in OB I was a commander. Viral Matrix will most likely get a nerf anyway, but even then it was only on the battleships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakara
You can replicate hyposprays, shields, and food items on your ship in space.. Making them pretty easy and cheap to get. Just click the Replicator button on your inventory. )
what? I said that as it is now, you don't even need to use the healing items.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 08:44 PM
it starts getting hardet when you reach the romulan LtCmdr9 missions, some of the battlecruisers there pack a mean punch added with some nasty BO abilitys, so don't worry about the difficulty in the early levels
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimiru
it starts getting hardet when you reach the romulan LtCmdr9 missions, some of the battlecruisers there pack a mean punch added with some nasty BO abilitys, so don't worry about the difficulty in the early levels
Some people won't even bother pushing that far because it is so easy at the beginning. It was fun in early OB, most missions actually made you manuever and use your Boff skills, some took a lot of skill to pull off. The new difficulty is like playing WoW with a twink, you don't even have to really try.

Considering there is bugger all death penalty I don't see what the problem is with making nubcakes die over and over again till they start actually playing the game and not just spamming space bar.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylan
The most frustrating part of this whole difficulty thing is that they had it right in CB and early OB. It was a fun game back then. They just sucked the fun out of it.
It was perfect back then.

Unfortunately, some people complained about being challenged or having to make an effort.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Cryptic has to tow a fine line between making it difficult for the overly hardcore while keeping it easy enough for the guy who wants to throw a couple of hours in after work.

Obviously, they can't make everybody happy.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 09:12 PM
I haven't seen any of those numerous posts, that I used to, asking about the best tactics for winning.

In the past, people would show up regularly to ask because it was a challenge. Now, we see nothing.

Is that not an indicator?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 09:23 PM
The best answer is of course a slider. But if that's too hard for them, merely amping the damage of enemies past the newbie levels would be fine.
Remember, people have now had 10 levels to get used to the game, and have a new better ship.
I think they can handle an enemy actually capable of getting through their shields... We just want a challenge, not a nightmare mode.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Just because its easy for you in your gunship dont mean its easy for me in my science ship so stop asking for them to make it harder its hard enough for me as it is i dont need it getting any harder.