Empire Veteran
# 71
01-06-2014, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
THIS is the worst game I've ever played. It's quite simple: I move from game to game as they die, and each game is necessarily worse than the previous game, or I'd have been playing that to begin with. When this game dies, I will be forced to move on to an even worse game, one I would not have been playing at all had this continued to exist.

As such, whatever I am currently playing now, must, necessarily, be the worst game I've ever played. Worse games absolutely exist, but I don't play them...at least until I'm forced to by the death of the current game. Each new game is progressively closer to the bottom of the barrel.
You're gonna be playing this for a while then cause this games got at least 5 years left on it just as swtor has. Swtor is finally getting their *** in gear and fixing many problems they've had but still make some terrible decisions but some of the fixes balance it out.

Worst game I played was Sonic 2006. When I first played it it was way too difficult and buggy as they inflated the difficulty to artificially increase play time however later either they fixed it or I just got better and I owned that game finally beating and it was pretty fun.

Also you guys probably don't know this but a third party is going back and reading cut content to KOTOR 2 and fixing bugs for it.
The Emperor

Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds.
Captain
# 72
01-06-2014, 01:04 AM
I haven't read pervious pages so my apolgies for repeating something.
The worst game i have played lately was Star Wars - the Force unleashed (PC).
I have no idea why, but i initially thought that it was a good game.

Playing as a sith? Not my cup of tea, but tbh i was mostly curious about it. But the controlling was horrible, a typical Console port.
but nevertheless i tried to play it until i reached a point where some bossfight annoyed the hell out of me and i unistalled it for good.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Survivor of Romulus
# 73
01-06-2014, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkou View Post
I am not sure who to blame. LucasArts or Obsidian?!?! I just do not know.

I think both parties had serious issues.

*launches "Star Wars: The Old Republic II", Obsidian, and Lucas Arts into the sun*

*buries old bones and salts the earth*
KotOR 2 was a magnificent game that far exceeded its crappier bioware predecessor in every way that mattered. But we could argue about it for days, what I really wanted to say was an answer to your question: LucasArts was to blame for KotOR 2's state at release. Obsidian asked for more time to complete it, and they didn't get it, because LucasArts only cared about the money that would come from an early release. They then IIRC specifically forbid Obsidian from working on it afterwards. (probably because they would have to pay Obsidian for the work, and can't do that because of $$$)
Ensign
# 74
01-06-2014, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post

Also you guys probably don't know this but a third party is going back and reading cut content to KOTOR 2 and fixing bugs for it.
Is this new, or one of the multiple attempts that were ultimately given up on over the years?
Empire Veteran
# 75
01-06-2014, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarreous View Post
Is this new, or one of the multiple attempts that were ultimately given up on over the years?
The last udate successfully readded the Droid factory with little to no bugs in it and was a few months ago heard they were working on another part of the game after that but can't remember which part.
The Emperor

Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds.
Empire Veteran
# 76
01-06-2014, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
I haven't read pervious pages so my apolgies for repeating something.
The worst game i have played lately was Star Wars - the Force unleashed (PC).
I have no idea why, but i initially thought that it was a good game.

Playing as a sith? Not my cup of tea, but tbh i was mostly curious about it. But the controlling was horrible, a typical Console port.
but nevertheless i tried to play it until i reached a point where some bossfight annoyed the hell out of me and i unistalled it for good.
Personally I f****** love that game and somewhat love its sequel even with the faults the latter has. Its certainly more enjoyable with the additional costumes the dlcs can add. But hey I guess not everyone's cut out to be a sith that later becomes a sorta jedi/good sith hybrid.
The Emperor

Captain
# 77
01-06-2014, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
You're gonna be playing this for a while then cause this games got at least 5 years left on it just as swtor has.
Yes, but TOR is horrible. It is clearly much worse than this game, but I cannot cite it as "worst game I've ever played" because I don't play it. For me to be pushed to playing games even further down on the list, this one would have to die first. Thus, current game must always be worst game I've ever played.
Starfleet Veteran
# 78
01-06-2014, 04:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
Foo fighters...gave me a headache
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdCUpiI1MSA
Captain
# 79
01-06-2014, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
KotOR 2 was a magnificent game that far exceeded its crappier bioware predecessor in every way that mattered. But we could argue about it for days, what I really wanted to say was an answer to your question: LucasArts was to blame for KotOR 2's state at release. Obsidian asked for more time to complete it, and they didn't get it, because LucasArts only cared about the money that would come from an early release. They then IIRC specifically forbid Obsidian from working on it afterwards. (probably because they would have to pay Obsidian for the work, and can't do that because of $$$)
I do not buy into that conspiracy theory.

'Star Wars: The Old Republic II' was affected by decisions made by all the parties involved. Both LucasArts and Obsidian dropped the ball. Chris Avellone is an ego driven developer, and the state of Obsidian reflects his attitude. During its nine to ten years of existence, Obsidian has not had a single successful IP.

...and, that means something.
Career Officer
# 80
01-06-2014, 06:26 AM
Worst Game : Spore (at least biggest disappointment, expected Evolution Simulator but got 5 dumb Mini-Games for kids)
Worst ST Game : Star Trek - Away Team / Starship Creator
Biggest love-hate relationship : Birth of the Federation (if you think STO is buggy ...)

Last edited by thutmosis85; 01-06-2014 at 06:53 AM.