Lieutenant
# 81
01-06-2014, 05:42 AM
I am somewhat shocked that we're 8 pages in and nobody's mentioned that horrid abomination of a game from the mind of John Romero: Daikatana.

Unless everyone's blocked it from their mind already...
Career Officer
# 82
01-06-2014, 06:18 AM
POS games

Duke Nukem Forever

Left 4 Dead 2

Command & Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight

WoW try it for a few day OMG what crap.
Rihannsu
# 83
01-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captcokecan View Post
I am somewhat shocked that we're 8 pages in and nobody's mentioned that horrid abomination of a game from the mind of John Romero: Daikatana.

Yes, much like the DS version of Spore....

Zero replayability and it's stupidly annoying. Of course the worst parts don't come until late game. So I played it to the end anyways.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 84
01-06-2014, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutmosis85 View Post
Starship Creator
Dear god, I forgot about that one. Still have it somewhere, I think.

Spend hours and hours building your "perfect" ship (down to the deuterium tanks and computers, if I recall correctly), select all of your officers (with actual photos of cast members) then send it off on a "mission" that amounted to you watching an icon on a primitive map and reading text to learn the mission progress/outcome. I half expected it to tell me I died of dysentery.

I remember hearing somewhere that you could import the ships you built into some other game, but I never bothered.
Ensign
# 85
01-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
But whats with all the BSGO hate? The game is fun and if you want PVP it's non-stop action. Sure it's P2W and boy do you have to pay. I know one player that is in over 40k USD in that game. But the Fleet battles are large and epic. You get in a good fleet and on TS and its really exciting. But the grind is horrible and the cost of Gold (Zen) is ridiculous. $80 to level up one gun to max and your ship has 8 guns. Yeah like i'm going to drop a grand on a game just to level up my guns. And still need to level up Hull, Eng, computer systems, Ammo. Once we figured it would cost about $4000 to level up a line ship from starter to max on all gear an ammo. Say what you wil about Cryptics greed, Blue Frog gaming has them beat hands down in that area.
I would have to agree that BSGO is very fun I started it before I found STO and when my computer couldn't handle it I went back to BSGO as my favorite MMORPG second only to STO!
Career Officer
# 86
01-06-2014, 11:20 AM
The worst games (that I can remember hating over the years):

Top Gun for NES - In this game, you stare at a blue screen ("the sky") with some white blobs in it ("clouds"). Occassionally, a single red pixel would suddenly appear and shoot at you while jumping wildly all over the screen. He never missed hitting you. I NEVER managed to shoot down a single enemy plane in that game!!!

Spore - What a great idea for a game, but what a terrible implementation. This was one of those games that's so bad I actually got mad at it for wasting my time. Stupid and pointless.

The Sims Online - My first MMO (2003), and I created a character who I recreate in every MMO I play now. This game had a lot of potential, but it was just so boring and gave players absolutely nothing to do. Apparently, almost every Dev was let go on opening day, so support was non-existent. What could have been.....

The Secret World - This isn't a bad game, just really disappointing; it could have been awesome. Instead, they violated their own story premise and simply made a 3rd person zombie shooter. Very little customization, very little fun; its a pretty grim game. Plus, its so wildly uneven - one mission is a cakewalk. the next is nearly impossible. I can't believe Stephen King hasn't sued them for ripping (all of) his books off, either. His style is all over this game.

Dragon's Lair (arcade) - Part cartoon, part video game, no fun. IF you got your timing JUST right and clicked the correct buttons in the correct order, you could do well here. Otherwise, you spent all your time watching the same long animation section over and over and over between deaths.

Call of Duty for Wii - I'm sure Call of Duty is a fine game, but the port to the Wii was broken. Some of the controls simply didn't work, so the game was unplayable for me (and, from what I saw online) a LOT of other people.
Lt. Commander
# 87
01-06-2014, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captcokecan View Post

I never even hear of it. How bad is it? = /
View My gallery at http://captricosakara.deviantart.com

"Hit Me Back, Just to Chat!"
-Stan
Survivor of Romulus
# 88
01-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosakara View Post
I never even hear of it. How bad is it? = /
DO NOT ASK. There is a reason we all try to forget that one.
Rihannsu
# 89
01-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
Dear god, I forgot about that one. Still have it somewhere, I think.

Spend hours and hours building your "perfect" ship (down to the deuterium tanks and computers, if I recall correctly), select all of your officers (with actual photos of cast members) then send it off on a "mission" that amounted to you watching an icon on a primitive map and reading text to learn the mission progress/outcome. I half expected it to tell me I died of dysentery.

I remember hearing somewhere that you could import the ships you built into some other game, but I never bothered.
My incredibly nerdy brother plays that. Watching him play it bored me. It's basically the most realistic game for flying spaceships. It's NASA-style space exploration. And about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Oh and when I say extremely nerdy, I think tinkering with computer code is fun and mod computer games as a hobby...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 90
01-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Empire Earth III.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.