Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
The big difference is that Klingons were forced to become PvPers (and the faction attracted hardcore PvPers) in CB-OB, and probably about a month or so after launch. They figured out tactics were as the causal Fed player didn't. Deal with it... figure out ways to beat Klingons... we aren't mindless NPCs flying about in space...
Does not apply to heavy PvP'ers from OB on the Fed side, which there are many of. It has more to it than just knowing how to PvP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-01-2010, 09:34 PM
The screaming and crying from the klingon side in ob was fairly amusing in a myriad number of ways. Mosty how the feds were utterly op, geared up and using unfair griefer tactics to win. Or some other such rot.

Currently it seems to have gone too far in the other direction with the fed side now getting flattened. To which the klingons attribute purely to individual skill, teamwork and leet pvp skills. Or some other such rot.

Personally i've not done much pvping so far in release. I had a quick wander into t1. To say it was funny was an understatement. Whoever thought giving the Klingons the best gear they could get for their starting ship was.. silly. Though before someone jumps up and down screaming that feds can get it too i know. They simply have no-one telling them too. If the pvp que brought up a screen saying "All your opponents are decked out in the best gear you could get" then perhaps less would go in to get blindly killed.

Also, yes, meat a bit of a.. something. Although in the Klingons defense, and i hate to say this. In all liklihood the serious pvpers of the fed side i.e. people like me. Are likely busily leveling up as they'll be following the WoW model. I.e. everything happens at max level. So some of it does have to be attributed to simple skills. Not all of course but a chunk.

And to continue my meandering thoughts. Currently the state of the pvp-game tends to favour the short sharp model. Which the Klingons with high burst dps, cloak and turn rate will tend to be better at. Given the way people tend to disintegrate i expect a general lowering of damage is likely to happen sooner rather than later which will make it gravitate further to the fed side. There's also the issue that an aweful lot of the focus fire negators tend to be higher level for most ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinks View Post
The screaming and crying from the klingon side in ob was fairly amusing in a myriad number of ways. Mosty how the feds were utterly op, geared up and using unfair griefer tactics to win. Or some other such rot.
.
A few of us fought those people too - and do you know what? Those people are gone now, as we predicted.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
A few of us fought those people too - and do you know what? Those people are gone now, as we predicted.
...Do you mean the feds or the Klinks? I'll admit i'm not actually sure there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinks View Post
...Do you mean the feds or the Klinks? I'll admit i'm not actually sure there.
The klingons who whined nonstop rather than just go in and fail over and over until they found a way.

To be honest, that's how I had hoped this faction would be from the start... the people it will attract, and the pvp focus. I really thought it would be a faction with a cheap trick (cloak) and everything else be a disadvantage.

I really think the problem is that it -is- balanced, but that's not balanced. The ships are a fair tradeoff but the people aren't.

In kdf, you do nothing but pvp, nonstop, all day. No fed player is ever going to approach that level of constant play and readiness. They can't even queue fast enough to do that.

Compared to klingon players, pve is a complete snooze. You could faceroll and win pve.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
The klingons who whined nonstop rather than just go in and fail over and over until they found a way.

To be honest, that's how I had hoped this faction would be from the start... the people it will attract, and the pvp focus. I really thought it would be a faction with a cheap trick (cloak) and everything else be a disadvantage.

I really think the problem is that it -is- balanced, but that's not balanced. The ships are a fair tradeoff but the people aren't.

In kdf, you do nothing but pvp, nonstop, all day. No fed player is ever going to approach that level of constant play and readiness. They can't even queue fast enough to do that.

Compared to klingon players, pve is a complete snooze. You could faceroll and win pve.
volume =/= skill. the two do not directly correspond to eachother.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
The klingons who whined nonstop rather than just go in and fail over and over until they found a way.

To be honest, that's how I had hoped this faction would be from the start... the people it will attract, and the pvp focus. I really thought it would be a faction with a cheap trick (cloak) and everything else be a disadvantage.

I really think the problem is that it -is- balanced, but that's not balanced. The ships are a fair tradeoff but the people aren't.

In kdf, you do nothing but pvp, nonstop, all day. No fed player is ever going to approach that level of constant play and readiness. They can't even queue fast enough to do that.

Compared to klingon players, pve is a complete snooze. You could faceroll and win pve.
I think you're overestimating it. The serious pvpers on the fed side are leveling. PvE has and always will be the best way to level in every game ever. So while the Klingons are getting in some good practice for the most part it's not very relevant. t1 and t2 for the most part simply teaching you how to fly your ships. None of the science or escort ships for example have reverse polarity which is pretty damn vital in saving you from the initial focus fire.

And yes, before you start i know there's ways to stop it or to switch targets and other such things. All those ways require a little more thought than "see escort ship, kill escort ship, outrun cruisers" though. t3 get's a bit more intresting but the serious meat of the pvpgame in this is going to be the t5 arena's.

Also why i've pretty much stopped posting in this section for a bit. I could care less what some escort flying twit who has full power to his weapons and tries to turn and fight the five decloaking bops all with him in their sights does.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinks View Post

Also why i've pretty much stopped posting in this section for a bit. I could care less what some escort flying twit who has full power to his weapons and tries to turn and fight the five decloaking bops all with him in their sights does.
Huzzah! If you ever have the misfortune of landing in Memphis, I owe you a cup of coffee.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirius View Post
- Tractor Beam!!!. Whether its a bug or not but tractor beam seems to not prevent you from evasive maneuvering the hell out of there. You can still quite easily escape a tractor beam apparently.
It's called Polarize Hull and it can be yours for the low, low price of 75 Merits. Endeavor to be more informed before posting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekkoutai View Post
It's called Polarize Hull and it can be yours for the low, low price of 75 Merits. Endeavor to be more informed before posting.
I can evasive out with a cruiser and no polarise hull so he's not actually wrong.

His problem coming more from the fact he's using it with 25 aux and didn't actually check to see it scales and that you need to have something in auxilary for it to really have much of an effect.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:35 PM.