Lt. Commander
As a riposte to the QQ threads about players being allowed to change beam weapon colors, brightly painted Starfleet vessels are not canon and the option to color your ship should be removed. Only official Starfleet color schemes should be allowed. All those zodiac pattern options also have to go.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquatic
As a riposte to the QQ threads about players being allowed to change beam weapon colors, brightly painted Starfleet vessels are not canon and the option to color your ship should be removed. Only official Starfleet color schemes should be allowed. All those zodiac pattern options also have to go.
Give me your lunch money!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 04:00 PM
10/10 for spelling conaon corecctly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
I get the impression that you're trying to intentially invoke a slippery slope situaiton just to stir up crap but...

Color changing weapons has gameplay implications. The color of a weapon beam or bolt helps you identify it's damage type. Also, they are bright and flashy and obvious. Your ship on the other hand is like your avatar in the game, and Cryptic likes customization of avatars, because players do too. These colorings tend not to be that obnoxious and I think are pretty cool. They're also far less attention-grabbing or noticeable as pink phasers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
Anything light gray to dark gray should be good as far as I'm concerned. my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Make the game how I want it! Now!

Only in an MMO could this happen.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalius80
I get the impression that you're trying to intentially invoke a slippery slope situaiton just to stir up crap but...

Color changing weapons has gameplay implications. The color of a weapon beam or bolt helps you identify it's damage type. Also, they are bright and flashy and obvious. Your ship on the other hand is like your avatar in the game, and Cryptic likes customization of avatars, because players do too. These colorings tend not to be that obnoxious and I think are pretty cool. They're also far less attention-grabbing or noticeable as pink phasers.
Please explain the gameplay implications to which you refer, and try to do so in a manner that does not imply that we need a color-coded, step-by-step guide to how to play, such as one that might be given to an imbecile playing Candy Land.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Too all these "This should not be that color" thread makers. Please pull the sticks out of your bums.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Am I supposed to agree or disagree with you?
Sorry, but I don't get what side of the incendiary flame war I'm supposed to take. Please edit your post so I better know how to ignore you and shout the opposing position.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalius80

So it helps you identify weapon type. It's already established that this offers no advantage because by the time you are fired upon you are in combat and you may not change your loadout during combat. So at the end of the battle you are either dead oe victorious and it does not matter a jot what was being fired at you.

I agree. Ship colors should be removed. It has never been seen in any TV show or film, it is not in any tech manual or canonical text. There is no precedent for a fleet ship to have a customised paint job on the captain's whim.

It's far from canon. Remove it.