Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Chat will be busy hopping happily towards the VIP counter.

A girl going straight to the special counter in a game store... Makes all the boys drop their jaws.
Flawless victory.
Exactly what is a "special counter"?

A retarded accountant?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NefariousCoal View Post
Exactly what is a "special counter"?

A retarded accountant?
Special counter as in a VIP counter.
Counter the furniture. Usually with a countertop...

You go directly to it without taking one those horrid numbers and wait in line like everyone else.
Pesky normal people... Outta the way!

On a side note... The store don't charge for pre-orders eithers. So Chat could have pre-ordered fortyeleven copies and then canceled and gotten fortyeleven OB and head start codes. :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Dee
As I read the forums I see one company after another canceling people's preorders. Not everyone's mind you, but apparently they are all running short. Who is to blame for this? If it were only one retailer I would think they were, but it seems this is affecting multiple retailers.
If the retailers are indeed short, then it is either Atari's fault as publisher for not creating enough copies, or their distributors for not sending enough copies to the right places. At least from my understanding of how these things work I'd start there.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 09:38 PM
There's no way to tell who is at fault. It's possible the retailers took more pre-orders than they knew they could fill, just to make up for any order cancellations. It's possible that distributors didn't supply as many copies as they had promised because they have issues. I hope it's not Atari/Cryptic rationing boxes to keep server load tolerable.

In any event, I hope something is worked out so that everyone who got their pre-order canceled can still get the pre-order bonuses.