Lt. Commander
# 1 Sorry, I had to post this....
02-01-2010, 08:07 PM
And I know that some will more then likely flame this thread, but I just had to post this. Last night, I got so freaken fed up with getting in the game and getting booted, spending 30 mins trying to get back in, play for 6 seconds then get booted....well, you get the point....so I decided to post a support ticket to more or less just b!tch about my discontent; Not with the game mind you....I likes the game. I just don't like the server connections behaving like a kid who forgot to take his Ritalin.

This is my part of the message.....

Hey there Cryptic. I've just about had it and I understand that this is a known issue since the open beta, but come on. Connecting to a game is just about the biggest issue other then connecting and playing for an hour, then getting kicked off and not playing the game for the rest of the night because you CAN'T CONNECT TO THE GAME. It's frustration to the tenth power.

I'm not hiding behind a proxy, nor do I have a problem playing your other game that NEVER had the same issues you're having now. Champions may not be the best MMO ever, but it at lease provided stable connections throughout the beta and into the opening of game play. And I don't mind being told that you're bringing in more servers to help the issue. I would just like to know that you will have this issue resolved before Tuesday. 'Nuff said I think. Please....don't make me regret buying a video game because of the short sightedness on the developers behalf....you should have known that there would be a mad grab for this game purely because it contains some of the most loved science fiction ever created.

And this, was their reply......

Greetings, We are aware of the issue where many players are unable to log in or problems switching zones. Below are the current steps we are taking to improve the situation: 1) We're increasing server capacity. We have new machines coming in to add to the server, and we've put a rush order on them. We're going to bring them online as soon as we can. 2) We're working on software solutions as well. Our development team is working night and day to be able to get as much power as we can from each machine, and we're focusing on increasing capacity, and server stability. For now, all we can say is, please keep trying. We know it's frustrating. Please keep trying though. You never know when you might be able to get in! Thank you for your patience, thank you for your support, and thank you for your interest in Star Trek Online! Again, thank you for your patience on this matter while our devs work tirelessly to increase the server capacity/stability! Sincerely, Cryptic Studios Support

If any of you didn't know this already, this is the same EXACT message that has been posted for, what...2 weeks now? One of the monkeys working at Cryptic thought rather then answer this fans message with something more meaningful, I'll just copy and paste.

I'm sorry....I just thought it funny in a sad, pathetic way.....cause I'm still trying to get into the game tonight and CAN'T...then I'm coming in here to b!tch about not getting in. I wonder if anyone's started a STA group yet. That would be Star Trek Anonymous.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Honestly what did you expect? You're just whinging about the bad connection so of course they're going to give you a cut'n'paste reply because they can't help you and there's nothing more to say. They have more important issues to deal with, such as actually helping people with in-game or account problems - that's what their function is, to help people and fix issues, not to listen to people complain about the issues they can't fix.

If there's more info about the servers to be announced, it'll be announced.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtalisman View Post
Honestly what did you expect? You're just whinging about the bad connection so of course they're going to give you a cut'n'paste reply because they can't help you and there's nothing more to say. They have more important issues to deal with, such as actually helping people with in-game or account problems - that's what their function is, to help people and fix issues, not to listen to people complain about the issues they can't fix.

If there's more info about the servers to be announced, it'll be announced.
Gee...it took you all of what, 30 seconds to reply like that? Yea, you're right and I even said someone would take notice and "set Phasers to Stupid". I'm just pointing out that I paid a lot of money and deserve to B!tch a little. Give me a break there Admiral Obvious.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Sorry, I had to post this....

No you didn't...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksidedunc View Post
Gee...it took you all of what, 30 seconds to reply like that? Yea, you're right and I even said someone would take notice and "set Phasers to Stupid". I'm just pointing out that I paid a lot of money and deserve to B!tch a little. Give me a break there Admiral Obvious.
Hang on, so I point out that you're essentially being a pathetic whiny little child, wasting everyone's time, and unjustly attacking Cryptic... and you call me Admiral Obvious? So you were fully aware of all these things and STILL posted?

Wow.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Lower your inner child and prepare to be laughed at.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Hang on, so I point out that you're essentially being a pathetic whiny little child, wasting everyone's time, and unjustly attacking Cryptic... and you call me Admiral Obvious? So you were fully aware of all these things and STILL posted?

Wow.
My troll senses are tingling. be careful Jtalisman.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 08:27 PM
Quote:

Wow.
Unjustly attacking Cryptic? Whiny little child? Man O' man, you are WAY too funny. How is stating the obvious an unjust attack. Yes, if anything I posted the same thing 9 million others have already posted. Oh, I'm sorry you spent 1 hour trolling through the post just so you be a d!ck to another human being. Rather then being said object, you could have just not posted. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksidedunc View Post
Unjustly attacking Cryptic? Whiny little child? Man O' man, you are WAY too funny. How is stating the obvious an unjust attack. Yes, if anything I posted the same thing 9 million others have already posted. Oh, I'm sorry you spent 1 hour trolling through the post just so you be a d!ck to another human being. Rather then being said object, you could have just not posted. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
My troll senses are tingling. be careful Jtalisman.
Lol, looks like you were right. No-one could possibly be that idiotic and self-contradictory and have it not be intentional.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Lol, looks like you were right. No-one could possibly be that idiotic and self-contradictory and have it not be intentional.
You sir, just got troll'd