Career Officer
# 1 Changeable Transporter effect
01-16-2014, 04:03 PM
Hi all! I would really like to see changeable transporter effects. For example it would be implemented into the ship customization menu (like selecting a bridge). For example say you buy an NX class and it comes with the transporter effect from STE. Or you buy a scimitar and it comes with the transporter effect as seen in ST: nemesis. There would also be generic ones and extra ones you can buy from the c-store. Who's with me!?!?

~J'Vek@iamromulan
Captain
# 2
01-16-2014, 04:21 PM
Wouldn't say no to this but cryptic isn't known for adding this type of fluff to the game
Chive on and prosper

Anarchy Nexus recruitment thread

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Rihannsu
# 3
01-16-2014, 04:26 PM
About this.... the extant animations are linked to the race of the character. This is easily seen on Romulans when you beam up and see your allied Boffs use their transporter effect.

Thus the animation really seems to be a part of the character model and not in any way related to your ship.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 4
01-16-2014, 04:28 PM
The idea would probably be implemented as an option in the tailor
Chive on and prosper

Anarchy Nexus recruitment thread

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Survivor of Remus
# 5
01-17-2014, 02:37 AM
I would love to see the transporter effect added to each character at the tailor screen! Then I could solve the problem where my Romulan crews have BOffs with different transporter effects ... and maybe we'd even get other transporter effects like a Cardassian transporter effect for those of us flying the Galor.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."
Commander
# 6
01-17-2014, 03:48 AM
This idea has been mentioned before, and being able to customize the transporter effect didn't get added in then, so it probably won't this time around.

But, we can still always hope...

And by the way, I fully support this idea.

You think you're safe while you're at warp captain?