Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-02-2010, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah7118
why dont the gas clound kill stuff in there? they blow an hurt you but when i ewnt through it you couldnt blow clouds an get them to destroy enemies even if theyre sitting in the cloud :p
it was nerfed in response to QQ during Beta

Shame really cos it was a trial in care and practice

just need respawn points tbh
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-02-2010, 04:14 AM
The Speed energy setting is your friend. Didn''t take much longer than other missions with that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-02-2010, 04:16 AM
Yeah, set your power settings to max engine. This will help some to get through it a bit faster. Dont even worry about shooting the metronic gas clouds unless there are enemies / disrupter towers close to it to help you destroy it.

I found that if you skirt the outer edge (with a good sensor enhancement - Defelctor dish etc) you can pick out what you are looking for and maneuver to the best location to engage.

And yeah, dont hover to close to those gas clouds.. They do a good amount of damage.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-02-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCeruleanSentinel View Post
I guess I am a master of sub-impulse flight or something because all I do is closely skirt the gas from one of the sides and use the gas to help me kill the turrets and ships! It doesn't take that long if you use your head instead of lose it.
Be careful of your words so that you do not insinuate someone is less inteligent than yourself.

It's not the tactical sense of using the gas clouds, which I know how to use. It's the time-sink they implemented by forcing you to move at sub-impulse for hours moving anywhere in that space. If you read my OP, you'll see this mission never used to be this way. It was only that way if you moved into the nebula itself, which is where all the gas clouds are.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-02-2010, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Collier
The Speed energy setting is your friend. Didn''t take much longer than other missions with that.
"Speed" energy setting? Well there's Weapons, Shields, Engines and Auxiliary. You mean Auxiliary? Is that my issue that I need to crank that up? I'm not in-game so I have yet to try it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-02-2010, 04:54 AM
I played it pre-patch. I remember that mission with the metreon gas and the klingon turrets and ship battle near the big chunky doughnut looking asteroid.

I don't know if you guys know this or not, but, as soon as you begin the mission, if you just navigate up about 10km above the closest gas cloud, you can just dive back down into the briar patch when you see enemy signals.

Then get only just into range and full stop, then fire away.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

It was not a tough mission to begin with.

Edit: Cross posted from a different thread about the Briar Patch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-02-2010, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by denare View Post
I played it pre-patch. I remember that mission with the metreon gas and the klingon turrets and ship battle near the big chunky doughnut looking asteroid.

I don't know if you guys know this or not, but, as soon as you begin the mission, if you just navigate up about 10km above the closest gas cloud, you can just dive back down into the briar patch when you see enemy signals.

Then get only just into range and full stop, then fire away.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

It was not a tough mission to begin with.

Edit: Cross posted from a different thread about the Briar Patch.
What he said..
I would even refit your fore weapons with all torpedos to make it go even faster.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-02-2010, 05:47 AM
*sings*

I was born an' bred in the BRIAR PATCH...

...

...mostly because it took my parents twenty years to get through that f***ing mission.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-02-2010, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrayel
"Speed" energy setting? Well there's Weapons, Shields, Engines and Auxiliary. You mean Auxiliary? Is that my issue that I need to crank that up? I'm not in-game so I have yet to try it.
He obviously means engines...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-02-2010, 05:49 AM
The secret is to go above the metrion clouds and shoot down into the gas. You don't have to go in them. Just make sure you are within range of your targets.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:39 AM.