Lt. Commander
# 1 Steam Refund For The Win!
02-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Im Not bashing this game or anything, this isnt a troll post, I enjoyed the game I just didnt have enough time to play, and when i did the servers wernt reliable.

Anyways, Steam refunded my money! I hope you guys who also sent an email get the same luck, I believe today is your last chance! took about a day for a reply.

Thanks for the fun STO Community! =)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 09:55 PM
/signed

I also sent my request yesterday and got a reply this evening. As long as you make the request before the launch I believe that they will refund the money. Not after it's launched, however. So you only have less than a day left, if that. I purchased the DDE version and the refund will be fully transferred in 3-5 days. Time to look for another game to buy, I guess.

Have fun in STO for all those staying. For those not, Message Steam ASAP. You do it by going to their support page, making a support account, and "Ask a Question." I put it in the Billing/Credit Card section. It took them a little over 24 hours to get back to me but a large part of that was on Sunday.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 09:59 PM
You guys did the right thing. MMORPG companies only listen to the sound of wallets closing. Lets hope they get the message.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 10:05 PM
nevermind. lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Yeah and the sound of your wallet closing will be in their databases... or not, considering you were actually never subscribed. So how exactly do they count losses which were never there? They don't.

BTW - Just trying to help but this is the GAME PLAY FEEDBACK forum. Not the "I canceled my preorder" forum.

Nothing in your post even remotely begins to give feed back about game play.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinari
Its not that I didnt like the game, it just isnt my kind of style, I prefer being able to walk around, and pressing different abilities , rather then spamming one button "fire all wepons"

And for my main char to look different, not different shades of armors, and my ship to only change by design, not by the armor/wepons added. It just isnt detailed enough for me to stay, and the quests seem to be all instanced and solo, I need the feeling of community, which I didnt have. Ill be waiting for TOR to come out, hopefully that game will live up to what I need.

So you got to what, level 4? lol

TOR is going to be completely instanced and completely soloable... or did you fail to read about that? lol...

"I don't like instances" but I am totally going to play this game that talks about how most of the game will be soloable and instanced.

yeaaaah...

Honestly, I think you didn't give STO enough time to make an educated decision. Whats with the "you want your main char to look different" comment? You do realize that Cryptic is known as having the best character customization options of any MMO right?

Also, your ship is only really similar to others at lvl 1-11. But even then you can custom build a ship by mix and matching pieces of existing ships. At t2 there are three sets of three ship types to customize.

Not to mention you can change the paint job look and colors. The windows.

Sorry, but it just sounds like you played the tutorial and called it a day.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Its not that I didnt like the game, it just isnt my kind of style, I prefer being able to walk around, and pressing different abilities , rather then spamming one button "fire all wepons"

And for my main char to look different, not different shades of armors, and my ship to only change by design, not by the armor/wepons added. It just isnt detailed enough for me to stay, and the quests seem to be all instanced and solo, I need the feeling of community, which I didnt have. Ill be waiting for TOR to come out, hopefully that game will live up to what I need.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
Yeah and the sound of your wallet closing will be in their databases... or not, considering you were actually never subscribed. So how exactly do they count losses which were never there? They don't.

BTW - Just trying to help but this is the GAME PLAY FEEDBACK forum. Not the "I canceled my preorder" forum.

Nothing in your post even remotely begins to give feed back about game play.
MMORPG companies are getting crafty these days. They no longer provide a "general" feedback forum because that's where the complaints go. Sadly with the condition STO is in and how Cryptic has managed to make things worse than it was in open beta.... you can find complaints in just about every forum that isn't locked.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
MMORPG companies are getting crafty these days. They no longer provide a "general" feedback forum because that's where the complaints go. Sadly with the condition STO is in and how Cryptic has managed to make things worse than it was in open beta.... you can find complaints in just about every forum that isn't locked.
You can form your complaints into constructive material meant to better the game instead of just telling people who really are tired of hearing it that you quit before getting out of the tutorial.

You can also contact customer support.

The only reason why people even bother to post crap like this in a forum is because they're drama queens or trolls and they need attention.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 10:21 PM
I got my refund on the way from Steam as well. There isn't really meat that makes an mmo and with the countless problems with a lack of doing anything else besides "Kill Every thing because without 3 killings before dinner I'm not a man".

It just needs more and a way better sever as weill as a Project Manager.

With us pulling out hopefully the Devs will read the input of the players and what they want.