Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoVonCat View Post
I got my refund on the way from Steam as well. There isn't really meat that makes an mmo and with the countless problems with a lack of doing anything else besides "Kill Every thing because without 3 killings before dinner I'm not a man".

It just needs more and a way better sever as weill as a Project Manager.

With us pulling out hopefully the Devs will read the input of the players and what they want.
Hopefully they don't read what you wrote though, because honestly ambiguous complaints are the worst.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
So you got to what, level 4? lol

TOR is going to be completely instanced and completely soloable... or did you fail to read about that? lol...

"I don't like instances" but I am totally going to play this game that talks about how most of the game will be soloable and instanced.

yeaaaah...

Honestly, I think you didn't give STO enough time to make an educated decision. Whats with the "you want your main char to look different" comment? You do realize that Cryptic is known as having the best character customization options of any MMO right?

Also, your ship is only really similar to others at lvl 1-11. But even then you can custom build a ship by mix and matching pieces of existing ships. At t2 there are three sets of three ship types to customize.

Not to mention you can change the paint job look and colors. The windows.

Sorry, but it just sounds like you played the tutorial and called it a day.
Obviously you didnt look good enough yourself, TOR is going to be solo-able yes, and there will be some instance missions, but they also say its also GROUP missions, you do your instanced missions called flash backs with other players, you can either use your different companions for solo missions, or group up with other people, I know about this game, been a member of the site for nearly a year.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
You can form your complaints into constructive material meant to better the game instead of just telling people who really are tired of hearing it that you quit before getting out of the tutorial.

You can also contact customer support.

The only reason why people even bother to post crap like this in a forum is because they're drama queens or trolls and they need attention.
I'm just being realistic. Take it for what it's worth.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
You guys did the right thing. MMORPG companies only listen to the sound of wallets closing. Lets hope they get the message.
It was fun while it lasted. It just isn't something I'd pay to play. If it was Guild Wars where I could play for free every month then yeah, maybe. As it stands right now, though ... not even being close to worth it. It's a single player game with the option to play with other people if you want to. The problem is playing with other people doesn't give you any advantage. If anything it gives you a disadvantage because not everyone you meet is going to know how you play, but their scale up will. So you're fighting even more ships with one or more tards.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinari
Obviously you didnt look good enough yourself, TOR is going to be solo-able yes, and there will be some instance missions, but they also say its also GROUP missions, you do your instanced missions called flash backs with other players, you can either use your different companions for solo missions, or group up with other people, I know about this game, been a member of the site for nearly a year.
You have the CHOICE to do your missions with other people but your story missions which will be the main part of the game will be soloable... or duo'd I guess with your companion.

I have Followed TOR since Day 1 the forums open.

BTW, you can group with friends and do missions with other people in STO. Maybe you should try going out and making friends.

I wish all MMO's had the book you could find in The Realm Online called "Making friends and being nice in <game name here>"

People aren't just going to read your mind and group with you. When my friends are online, we group up and do missions together so I guess I fail to see your point.

TOR is going to be the same as STO is what you're saying? With the option to group or solo with instances...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
I'm just being realistic. Take it for what it's worth.
You're reality is only realative to you and how you precieve it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Oh and BTW I was flying a T3 Science vessel, so I got a little bit beyond the tutorial.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-01-2010, 10:31 PM
If STO lowered their monthly fee to $5.00 (realistic consider how instanced it is) then not only would they be more popular but people would have less to complain about. Sadly our money doesn't go to fund the game... it pays off the loans and convinces investors to pay for the next big thing leaving us in the dust.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
You're reality is only realative to you and how you precieve it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8qcccZy03s
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinari
Im Not bashing this game or anything, this isnt a troll post, I enjoyed the game I just didnt have enough time to play, and when i did the servers wernt reliable.

Anyways, Steam refunded my money! I hope you guys who also sent an email get the same luck, I believe today is your last chance! took about a day for a reply.

Thanks for the fun STO Community! =)
Soo you made a thread about steam refunding your money because you didn't like the game which you probably didn't get very far in. I'm sorry I don't really see a point for this thread.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudge345 View Post
Soo you made a thread about steam refunding your money because you didn't like the game which you probably didn't get very far in. I'm sorry I don't really see a point for this thread.
He's leaving feedback relative to his game play experience as to why he got a refund, and obviously happy about it?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:03 PM.