Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudge345 View Post
Soo you made a thread about steam refunding your money because you didn't like the game which you probably didn't get very far in. I'm sorry I don't really see a point for this thread.
Then maybe you should read it. It's for others who feel the same way that may not know, or know how to get a refund from Steam. Maybe you're just the kind of person that doesn't care, though? Maybe you'd like for people to get stuck paying for a game they don't like, won't play, and don't want just so Cryptic can gain a little more money in order to actually keep it afloat while they ... you know, finish it?

Sorry but I like being helpful. If you enjoy the game then fine, enjoy it. Don't get ****ed when some people offer help to get a refund for the game, though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-01-2010, 10:39 PM
How do we go about getting a refund?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
He's leaving feedback relative to his game play experience as to why he got a refund, and obviously happy about it?
His incomplete game play experience?

"Hey guys I bought this game and never installed it and canceled because it just wasn't for me. I know this won't help you improve your game in anyway because I never actually played it but... I'm just saying."
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-01-2010, 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh800 View Post
Then maybe you should read it. It's for others who feel the same way that may not know, or know how to get a refund from Steam. Maybe you're just the kind of person that doesn't care, though? Maybe you'd like for people to get stuck paying for a game they don't like, won't play, and don't want just so Cryptic can gain a little more money in order to actually keep it afloat while they ... you know, finish it?

Sorry but I like being helpful. If you enjoy the game then fine, enjoy it. Don't get ****ed when some people offer help to get a refund for the game, though.
Since it deals with STEAM why not post it on the STEAM forums? Instead of the GAME PLAY forums for the STO Game.

Seems like a Steam issue, not an STO issue. Then again, people are dumb and will blame things Steam does on Cryptic anyway.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
His incomplete game play experience?

"Hey guys I bought this game and never installed it and canceled because it just wasn't for me. I know this won't help you improve your game in anyway because I never actually played it but... I'm just saying."
If I try a bite of something new I don't like... I don't finish it. Some times I even try and get a refund if it's repulsive enough. Your argument seriously doesn't have a leg to stand on here.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-01-2010, 10:48 PM
I tried enough of the game to understand it wasn't for me, Im not going to beat the game, then decide, wait this isnt for me, can I have a refund? wait no that was a year ago... my bad, guess I shouldnt have listened to that moron
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
If I try a bite of something new I don't like... I don't finish it. Some times I even try and get a refund if it's repulsive enough. Your argument seriously doesn't have a leg to stand on here.
The fact that his complaints are false? Yes my argument has a major leg to stand on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinari
Its not that I didnt like the game, it just isnt my kind of style, I prefer being able to walk around, and pressing different abilities , rather then spamming one button "fire all wepons"

And for my main char to look different, not different shades of armors, and my ship to only change by design, not by the armor/wepons added. It just isnt detailed enough for me to stay, and the quests seem to be all instanced and solo, I need the feeling of community, which I didnt have. Ill be waiting for TOR to come out, hopefully that game will live up to what I need.
Time to pick this apart and show you how bad you people are...

Color coated for easy use. You've all done color by numbers right?

1 - You can walk around in STO. Also, there is a LOT more to the game than just pressing fire all weapons. You have 3 unique Bridge officers with your first ship and more with higher tiers. who all have different abilities, in fact you can change the abilities they use to be even more unique. If all you were doing is pressing fire all weapons, you had no intention of playing the game or exploring its possibilities.

2 - Seriously? There are tons of races to choose from and the ability to make your own race. You can custom make your face/body/and uniform. You can use custom colors, and mix and match body parts. There are multiple stances, multiple hair, multiple eye types and facial hair. FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE. This just shows that this dude didn't even install the game.

3 - The design of the first ship is limited, but there are multiple types of weapons and gear you can select. Also, you can choose between 3 different ship designs per ship class per tier. On top of that you can customize the paint job to have different designs and colors. On top of that you can mix and match pieces of ships to create your own unique design. Yeah, more proof that he didn't play the game.

4 - The game is instanced but that doesn't mean you can't group. In fact, the first 5 levels you auto group with people. Which solidifies the fact that this troll never played the game because you will be auto grouped for the first missions in the Vulcan Sector.

Anyway, argue with that deduction. I'd like to see you try, so I can laugh at you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
Since it deals with STEAM why not post it on the STEAM forums? Instead of the GAME PLAY forums for the STO Game.

Seems like a Steam issue, not an STO issue. Then again, people are dumb and will blame things Steam does on Cryptic anyway.
I only posted about Steam because it's what I used. If I used something else I'd post on how to get a refund there, as well. The point is that these threads exist not to say, "Durrr, this game suck LAWL!" but to offer people help on how to get a refund. Like PMolkenthin, for example.

PMolkenthin, who did you preorder the game from?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
The fact that his complaints are false? Yes my argument has a major leg to stand on.
Lets go over his complaints again.....

Quote:
I enjoyed the game I just didnt have enough time to play, and when i did the servers wernt reliable.
I don't see anything true or false there, just opinion. The only truth is his claim to have gotten a refund.

Seriously..... just take a moment to think posting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
Lets go over his complaints again.....



I don't see anything true or false there, just opinion. The only truth is his claim to have gotten a refund.

Seriously..... just take a moment to think posting.
Read my post above you and next time read the entire thread before making comments. Thanks.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:56 AM.