Lt. Commander
This is a simple fix that will make everyone happy i hope, I think that the option to change the color of your abilitys should STAY in game but it should be client sided so that everyone else still sees your abilitys the same color as they are supposed to be, but you see them as the color you set them to.
I think this is a simple fix that allows you to be happy with your colors and still let everyone else not be mad about seeing your "Pink" phasers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Or just give everyone a slider customization like in Champions Online or just remove the ability to change the power colors, altogether. It makes no difference to me either way.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomicile
Or just give everyone a slider customization like in Champions Online or just remove the ability to change the power colors, altogether. It makes no difference to me either way.
My point is, people want to remove it, but some people want it to stay, I think it should stay but to keep the people happy who dont like it, make it client sided so it doesnt effect them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarkaix View Post
This is a simple fix that will make everyone happy i hope, I think that the option to change the color of your abilitys should STAY in game but it should be client sided so that everyone else still sees your abilitys the same color as they are supposed to be, but you see them as the color you set them to.
I think this is a simple fix that allows you to be happy with your colors and still let everyone else not be mad about seeing your "Pink" phasers.
Um, no? I still see people running around in retarded uniforms. And that's fine, because you create your uniform to show it off to other people. You also create your ship to show it off to other people. And I change my weapon color to show it off to other people. If my ship looks totally badass with blue phasers/disruptors/whatever, then I want other people to see how cool it looks. I don't mind if there's a client side option to lock colors to 'canon' for others to select if they want to, but I want to see other people's weapon colors and I want them to see mine. I say, put it on the canon crowd to deal with it. If they don't like it, then they can check the box. The rest of us can have fun being creative and cool.

...and, as long as there's no option for me to not have to look at stupidly colored uniforms, I don't even support the option that I suggested above. I say, leave it as is.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Colored Powers in this game is a bug. The weapons are all specifically colored so that they can be recognized instantly at a distance.

It will be removed, as that is the only proper fix available.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cost View Post
Colored Powers in this game is a bug. The weapons are all specifically colored so that they can be recognized instantly at a distance.

It will be removed, as that is the only proper fix available.
Whoa, whoa, whoa! How can I be expected to know that a person is starfleet at a distance when they're wearing some of the crazy crap that I've seen people wearing?

...oh yeah, I could look at the targeting box, or check the IFF, or any number of other things. If you want to know what weapon some guy just killed you with, check the combat log. Or just be mildy intelligent about recognizing weapon types. I don't find it difficult.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 09:10 PM
this isnt champions keep pink phasers and purple torpedoes out of my game.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainThraxx
this isnt champions keep pink phasers and purple torpedoes out of my game.
That gun in your avatar doesn't look very canon. This isn't champions. Keep your cool guns out of my game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintar07 View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa! How can I be expected to know that a person is starfleet at a distance when they're wearing some of the crazy crap that I've seen people wearing?

...oh yeah, I could look at the targeting box, or check the IFF, or any number of other things. If you want to know what weapon some guy just killed you with, check the combat log. Or just be mildy intelligent about recognizing weapon types. I don't find it difficult.
Really, you think that with 5 ships you are going to be able to tell what is firing what through the combat log? Id like to see you try without getting killed in 5 seconds because you were too busy reading

Doesnt matter anymore though, a dev has already said they are going to remove it.

Edit: didnt even read your whole post.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDarkaix View Post
I think if they had the time, ability and inclination to recod the client to make client side only changes through the console they would have.
In fact if they had all that I'd have expected them to write a new engine that suits the game instead of shoehorning this into some engine that does not suit it.