Lt. Commander
4 times out of the 5 I've played ground missions. Sometimes the rest of the feds come in later after we've already fed them 20 or kills. I havent complained about downtimes, lag or anything like that, but making me a target for spawn camping klingon death legions irritates me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xilr
4 times out of the 5 I've played ground missions. Sometimes the rest of the feds come in later after we've already fed them 20 or kills. I havent complained about downtimes, lag or anything like that, but making me a target for spawn camping klingon death legions irritates me.
It happens to both sides honestly. They need to add a waiting room until both sides are full, and then lock people in the game, and force respawns.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 09:14 PM
It's quite strange it's not in there already. Waiting rooms seeming to be par for the course in any sort of online pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Same. Had a match yesterday with 9 klingons and only 4 feds (on the map at the same time, so clearly the 5v5 isn't working right either). I've said it several times now, the pvp queue system needs to hold the start of the match for all the participants and then spawn them all at the same time. Not one group, then the other. Not one person at a time. Each team should be full and denied access to the rest of the map until both teams are in.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
It happens to both sides honestly. They need to add a waiting room until both sides are full, and then lock people in the game, and force respawns.
A few days ago I would have agreed with that, however lately it seems to be all in the Klingons favor.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
This.

Just today we had a match where 4 of us ran around for ages as enemies would show up, get killed and leave. We weren't even spawn camping them or making any point of gangbanging them. They would spawn in, run at us, die and quit the map.

By the time we got 40 kills we'd cycled through at least 10 different opponents on a 5v5.

I don't understand the mentality of these people. I just stay and fight when it's 1v5. And by "fight" I mean run frantically away from the zerg, backpedaling, zapping the lead guy with my stun pistol, hitting him with Optics, hoping for an expose and then running some more.

I wish FRAPS would run a little smoother on my machine with STO. I'd get some great videos to put to Benny Hill music.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Oh, by the way, the BIGGEST cause of this is in my signature priority list:

You join 3 queues.
You get into 1 match.
You are still in the other 2 queues, but you can't join them nor will you see them pop-up.
Consequently, those other 2 maps will pop up and start without you, waiting 60 seconds to fill your position.
Then it moves to the next person in the queue who is quite possibly in the same boat: playing another map!

This is why these maps can start and take ages to fill up.

The queue system needs to skip over people who are already in another map, or else de-queue once we join a map.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz

You join 3 queues.
You get into 1 match.
You are still in the other 2 queues, but you can't join them nor will you see them pop-up.
Consequently, those other 2 maps will pop up and start without you, waiting 60 seconds to fill your position.
Then it moves to the next person in the queue who is quite possibly in the same boat: playing another map!

The queue system needs to skip over people who are already in another map, or else de-queue once we join a map.
This, along with my suggestions would go a long way towards fixing a lot of the PVP issues. Only other thing I would recommend is fixing spawn points in ground PVP, or make it spawn you next to someone else on your team if possible.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 01:13 AM
Ya the pvp system needs some work. Its all simple stuff that im not sure why they didn't have in the first place. Right now if im coming into a game and its 1v5...i just die 1 time and wait for 4 more feds. Both of the above fixes would take care of the biggest issues.

I think the Expose/Exploit needs to be looked at as well. Running around knowing that at anytime i can one shot someone or be one shotted isn't skilled pvp. Ya its even but I dont see any skill in "oh look an expose...one shot". In OB i was playing a science officer using there AoE Debuffs that have AoE expose chance with a split beam rifle. There where times that 3 people would get exposed and then in one shot i kill 3 people.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz

You join 3 queues.
You get into 1 match.

That's one part of it, the other is:

You queue for PvP, it doesn't pop so you go to Kahless - at 6/10 ships the queue appears you have the options 'join' and 'hide'. So you click 'hide'... (the alternative is to get somewhere safe, open the PvP queue list, wait for it to load, scroll down until you find the instance that popped [it isn't flagged afaik], and click 'leave').

Obviously for Klingons that's true for Kahless/Fleet action, for Federation there's a ton of missions you could be involved in.

[needs 3 buttons: 'join', 'will join within 60 seconds', 'will not join']

- the most immediate balance problem of both Space and Ground-PvP is that matches should not start unless the teams are equal.