Career Officer
# 1 TNG Combadge issue
01-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Ever since they updated the TNG combadges to look like the movie and TV show props, well-endowed women have the badges clip into their chests. For example:

This happens to both combadges
The jar kitty watches you.
Captain
# 2
01-02-2014, 09:01 AM
It should also be mentioned that the TNG (series) combadge is way to big and looks like a cheap childrens toy.

Comparison:

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

The "TT and/or AtB less builds" - Thread
Captain
# 3
01-03-2014, 01:49 PM
My favorite badge is the TNG Movie one, and I can't use it on one character because I... maxed out the slider and it almost disappears into her chest.
The badges are awesome, but the fact they don't really adjust position based on bust size is really annoying. I want my pho Orion Engie to have a TNG badge and uniform, but her chest is kinda nixing that. I really would like to see that fixed at some point soon. They fixed the Yesterday's Enterprise chest gear to take into account Bust Size, but the TNG badges don't?
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voth Guy
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Captain
# 4
01-03-2014, 03:05 PM
So...

1) Minimize your bust slider (even at minimum it's still pretty generous, tbh.)
2) ditch the commbadge
3) accept the clipping as the price you pay for that rack. Hey, at least you aren't in for chiropractic services.

Chances of the devs bothering to fix this? Slim and none, and Slim has one foot out the door.
Captain
# 5
01-03-2014, 04:26 PM
I again point to the Yesterday's Enterprise chest gear belt thing. When it first came out oh boy did it clip through the boobs. They eventually fixed that.
Also... you don't have to minimize the bust slider to get it to work. Maximum size I've discovered without clipping is a smidge above 50%.
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/144/0/2/sto_sig_character_by_rattler20200-d7jlk1h.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voth Guy
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Career Officer
# 6
01-03-2014, 11:34 PM
With a gane that has this many badges, I think they went overboard on bust size anyway.

IMHO, the longterm fix for many issues is going to have to be a reduction of the bust size range. It's not like 60% isn't still absurdly large.

Meanwhile, face sliders aside from maybe eye width and the cranial adjustments could pretty much be maxed out for all non-aliens (to where they are for aliens) and it would result in more distinct and realistic faces.
Career Officer
# 7
01-04-2014, 06:24 AM
Even the minimum bust size is ridiculously big... they really need to scale the bust slider more, so when minimum, it should be actual minimum. At least it doesn't clip when it's set on the minimal size... but that's about the only positive thing there.

"not yIbup. not yIjegh. Haw'be', SuvwI'.
reH yIvoq'egh, not yIHon'egh 'ej 'IwlIj ghogh yIQoy!"

~jodarkrider's female torso improvements suggestions~
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (mostly RP & self-parody in character)
Captain
# 8
01-04-2014, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
It should also be mentioned that the TNG (series) combadge is way to big and looks like a cheap childrens toy.
At least the regular series badge made it in. Some of us are still waiting for the Future Imperfect/Parallels alternate reality badge.
Career Officer
# 9
01-04-2014, 08:09 PM
I have to wonder why these pooh-poohers hate "Star Trek meets Baywatch"... That said, THE DEVS STILL HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO LEARN GEOMETRY!!!
The jar kitty watches you.
Career Officer
# 10
01-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitonozanshi View Post
I have to wonder why these pooh-poohers hate "Star Trek meets Baywatch"... That said, THE DEVS STILL HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO LEARN GEOMETRY!!!
Because Baywatch was a sh*tty series, while Trek is a sci-fi, and is about diversity, and not about boobs of one female protagonist (Well, I heard Voyager kind of is an exception from that - have yet to see, but still, TNG and DS9 are not about that.)

"not yIbup. not yIjegh. Haw'be', SuvwI'.
reH yIvoq'egh, not yIHon'egh 'ej 'IwlIj ghogh yIQoy!"

~jodarkrider's female torso improvements suggestions~
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (mostly RP & self-parody in character)