Lt. Commander
# 1 We need chest hair options!
01-01-2014, 10:40 PM
No, seriously. I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to follow in the footsteps of hairy individuals like Riker!
Commander
# 2
01-02-2014, 01:24 AM
+1.

Because seriously, Riker was one manly mofo, and every manly man should follow in his footsteps. I hope that come Summer event, there's an unlock that allows us to be not only topless, but hairy as well.
Rihannsu
# 3
01-02-2014, 12:52 PM
Totally support this. I like to make my characters as close to me physically as possible, and tbh when i lay on my back shirtless people mistake me for a bearskin rug, so yeah: chesthair.

-Seacat
Captain
# 4
01-02-2014, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undyingzero View Post
...that allows us to be not only topless...
Hold it right there, this is never going to happen. Topless characters would instantly increase Star Trek Online's current ESRB rating from "Teen" to "Mature 17+". Cryptic isn't going to add nudity into the game to satisfy a few perverts. It would eliminate a potential source of revenue (younger players).
Career Officer
# 5
01-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Hold it right there, this is never going to happen. Topless characters would instantly increase Star Trek Online's current ESRB rating from "Teen" to "Mature 17+". Cryptic isn't going to add nudity into the game to satisfy a few perverts. It would eliminate a potential source of revenue (younger players).
I think this is a ridiculous statement. We already have male orions being all perky, and their females are quite scantily clad. I don't think chest hair would fall into the same category as barechested women. Unless the chesthair will unlock for females too.

Hmm, come to think of it... How would (male) caitians/ferasans look with a more chesthair.
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Captain
# 6
01-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandormen123 View Post
I think this is a ridiculous statement. We already have male orions being all perky, and their females are quite scantily clad. I don't think chest hair would fall into the same category as barechested women. Unless the chesthair will unlock for females too.
He said "topless", which implies he was speaking about a woman. "Shirtless" is the term generally used when speaking about a man. This game does not need ERP players walking around Earth Spacedock topless, male or female. We all know players would combine that with the Risian shorts in order to make their character look as if they were walking around in their boxers. Neither gender should be capable of walking around the station without modest clothing, especially on the Federation side.

KDF has partial nudity in the form of Orion and Gorn characters, but that is their canonical attire. Starfleet officers, Klingons, and Romulans were all fully clothed in modest attire.
Empire Veteran
# 7
01-02-2014, 02:21 PM
No thank you. Better things to add than chest hair...
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
01-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
No thank you. Better things to add than chest hair...
Like back hair?
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Empire Veteran
# 9
01-02-2014, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
Like back hair?
Don't encourage them.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
01-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Not to split hairs but the game actually isn't rated anymore:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
STO is not rated by the ESRB anymore because we're an online-only game More information can be found here.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Not that anyone pays any attention to the ESRB anyway...
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic