Lt. Commander
Hmmm, I'm a bit dissepointed or rather ALOT dissepointed.

Pre-ordered STO from Amazon UK some time back to get a Borg Bridge Officer and NOT until 1st February I got a mail simply saying:

"Dear Customer,

We are writing to you regarding your order for Star Trek Online - Gold Edition (PC DVD).

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen supply issues, Amazon.co.uk has not received enough stock to fulfil all of our pre-orders for this title.

For this reason, this item has been cancelled from your pre-order and you have not been charged for it.

As a means of apology, if you still wish to order the title, you can order the Standard Edition of Star Trek Online (PC DVD) from Amazon.co.uk for 19.99 by placing a new order and applying the Gift Certificate code below at checkout:"

I have now Pre-Order from another source but realizing it's past midnight it's acctually 2nd of February.

I really hope this order works and i get my liberated Borg.

I also Pre-ordered 3 other versions some time back when I made my Amazon Pre-order as well to get Laser Rifle, Joined Thrill and Personal Shield, 500 XP etc.

Truly hope those orders works.

I was considering to Order Lifetime but hesitated seeing how this order was handeled.

Now I just noticed the Lifetime offer has expired before I could even be sure to get the game delivered.

Very bad, very bad. I wanted it all but also wanted to be sure I got the different versions of the game in my hand before ordering Lifetime. Now I can't anymore. Hmmm. Is this any sign of how STO will be handled in the future ???

I really hope You will offer us that did Pre-order a chance at Lifetime once we get our games with the same perks as the rest included a Liberated Borg. Very very dissepointed now.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Lifetime was completely unrelated... you could've bought it any time if you've been playing on a preorder key. Since you've preordered about 5 million copies of the game apparently, I don't see how that is an issue...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Also, since Amazon screwed you, why are you complaining here? Cryptic can't help you very much. They're looking into the situation, but they won't be able to force Amazon to do anything. You're going to have to call them and complain.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Jedi is right. Your complaint is towards Amazon.uk, NOT Cryptic. Why blame them?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui View Post
Jedi is right. Your complaint is towards Amazon.uk, NOT Cryptic. Why blame them?
Because blaming Cryptic is fun!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 10:40 PM
<sarcasm>BUT, it's all Cryptic's fault! Isn't it obvious?</sarcasm>
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwafu View Post
Lifetime was completely unrelated... you could've bought it any time if you've been playing on a preorder key. Since you've preordered about 5 million copies of the game apparently, I don't see how that is an issue...
Maybe You missed the point that I like to have the product in my hand before paying for anything else. Seeing how this has been handleded I could end up with just 1 copy of the game and Lifetime. I wanted to be sure I had all the different bonuses that comes with different Pre-orders.

Call me Perfectionist but I simply like having the feel of a "complete" account. Isn't that the whole point of releasing different versions ??? Make more money from collectors, like me, that buys them all ???

I even wanted the Constellation Ship but when I Pre-Ordered it had to be ordered via Atari US and that could not be done with a Credit Card and EU Adress, so I couldn't, if possible i would have.

I even go for Box Versions as I prefer to have the boxes collected with all physical items as well. Only getting a digital download don't feel like You have the game/product in Your hand.

So far all I've recieved is Beta Key yes, via mail, from one Pre-Order. I want the full boxes I've Pre-Odered with Full games and the different items that was not included with that one Beta-key.

Yes I did log into beta a few times but was waiting for official release as I dont want to tire myself and play the start over and over.

Wasn't even bothered with headstart as I want to start my character when I really hav ethe choices I've ordered. Joined Thrill, Personal Shield, Laser Rifle etc. See no point in creating a character for a few days that I will have to restart anyway.

I didn't log in daily on this web-site to see when Lifetime expired. When I first read about it all it said was Timelimited Offer. I thought that at least I would recieve my games before it was taken away.

Paying for a subscription, be it Lifetime or monthly, before recieving the game itself is kind of backwards imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepfriedspam
<sarcasm>BUT, it's all Cryptic's fault! Isn't it obvious?</sarcasm>
If You note what Amazon has written is that they did NOT get as many copies as expected/stock to fulfill their pre-orders, so yes, as either they are lying or Cryptic failed to deliver as many as promised to Amazon.

In any case this was not directed at the obvious "wannabe police" members of this Forum but at Cryptic in hopes they see these issues and offer a solution to us customers satisfaction.I was not being rude or using profane language, simply stating I'm dissepointed as a customer of the handling of this release, so no need for sarcasm or wisecrack remarks from those this may not concern, please.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Unbelievable
02-02-2010, 02:19 AM
Reading through some of the zillion post here I realize i can't even be sure to get the different Bonus items I Pre-ordered different versions for from different sources.

Sounds very good or maybe not.

First of all i can't even be sure that my Pre-orders will work at all. One of my Pre-orders (the one from Amazon UK) got cancelled on 1st of February due to them not getting enough copies from Cryptic. Now in the last minute I have had to Pre-order agian from another source hoping to get the Borg Bridge Officer that I was supposed to get from Amazon UK.

Secondly, so far I haven't recieved any of my Pre-Ordered Gameboxes that should include the different items and seeing how others Pre-Orders have gone, they could have ordered to get a plamsa rifle but end up with a code for a personal shield or whatever, so i might end up with 3x500 XP that won't stack when I Pre-Ordered to get Joined Thrill, Rifle, Personal Shield, DS-9/ST Movie Uniforms etc, that it was stated will stack on the same account.

Thirdly I could obvioulsy only Subscribe for Lifetime, to get a liberated borg, before I even get my boxes and can see I truly get the other items i have ordered.

Whats next ??? We have to pay and not be sure the Servers will even be public or accessable ???

How can this not be bad distribution and handeling of Cryptic. Both with marketing, distribution etc. They are the ones developing it, Making the DVD-ROM's and distributing it to the retailers aren't they ???

Also they are the ones deciding to remove Lifetime offer before we even get a chance to test the final Product with the Bonus items we ordered and have it in our hands.

It's like we are supposed to pay for a subrscription in advance purely out of faith.

I surely hope You will fix this mess Cryptic or My 3-4 copies of STO if they ever even get delivered is only going to sit on the Shelf and i wont pay any monthly Subscription.

For us that can prove and have even saved Pre-Order mails and even Print Screened the retailers web-site orders when we Pre-ordered, You definetly have to come with another solution to get Lifetime including a Playable Liberated Borg once we finally acctually recieve our games and have had a chance to see we got what we ordered.

Trust me. I was even considering 2 lifetime accts and double of everything until I saw what mess the Pre-order thing seemed to be and I was proven right with my Amazon cancellation mail on 1st of February and yet to recieve anyhing except a digiatl Beta Key from one retailer.

I did NOT Pre-order to be a Beta-Tester. I did not Pre-Order to get a few days head start when I can't even use the bonus item I Pre-Ordered and make the character of my choice since I haven't recieved my Pre-orders yet. I would have to restart the character anyway if I wanted to play Joined Thrill or use my Rifle or Personal Shield etc.

I simply Pre-Ordered different versions to get all the diferent bonus items on the same account and play the full game and then get a lifetime account once I had had the chance to see I really get what I pay for and get that Bonus item (Liberated Borg) on the same acct. as well.

I have 2 Lifetime accts in another MMO RPG and will keep playing that if this is how STO is going to be handeled.

I was seriously considering cutting down on that and move our Guild into STO. Have even already had a few friends get STO as well but this is simply not what i expected as a usually more than willing to pay adult customer.

This is not directed at the obvious "wannabe police" members of this Forum but at Cryptic in hopes they see these issues and offer a solution to us customers satisfaction.I was not being rude or using profane language, simply stating I'm dissepointed as a customer of the handling of this release, so no need for sarcasm or wisecrack remarks from those this may not concern, please.