Lt. Commander
# 1 Lifetime Subscription.
02-01-2010, 10:30 PM
I am very dissapointed to come home from the NBA Hornets game tonight, try to get my lifetime and it wouldn't allow me to purchase. I also tried before I left for the game at 430pm central time. Said down and will be available later. 6 hours later same message. 10 minutes later it says no longer available.

Working at gamestop I played the headstart around MAG and personally have sold numerous copies(reserves) of STO due to my play knowledge from Obeta and HS. I play so many games(including WoW) that I really wanted to get as far into STO as I could before deciding it's for me.

Needless to say your horrible customer service on this issue has made this easy for me, I will cancel my copy and continue with WoW ( this dissapoints me). I will not pay 2 monthly games.

I have respect for all trekkies( love ya pops) and am very saddened that I have to leave a mature core community to go back to my 16 year old raid leader....

Good luck STO as I still look forward to selling the game, drop the ball and I will get my customers to preorder some Bioware MMO in development easily. I mean seriously, there is no possible way a game can sell out of subscriptions... that is a funny thought.

As a non CoH player(lol at that game)and refusing to play a 58% fail console, Cryptic our relationship is now over before it ever began.. Of course your publisher is pretty fail(ask Phil Harrison)as well so the apple is staying close to the tree.

This is not a flame of the game itself as I enjoyed every minute played(played MAG when servers were down or WoW).

Goodbye Trekkies I really hope you get 100% fanservice with the live development it deserves.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 10:58 PM
lol. Way to leave it to the last minute even though you have been playing it all weekend. At least the "I didn't get to play it all weekend because of downtime etc" people have an excuse. Your pathetic threat to lure kiddies into the TOR gingerbread house is hilarious, by the way.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 11:01 PM
you had a long time to buy it, take it as a lesson to not put off everything to the last second. Personally it sounds like your blaming the game company for your failings....
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drussaxe View Post
you had a long time to buy it, take it as a lesson to not put off everything to the last second. Personally it sounds like your blaming the game company for your failings....
We're blaming the "game company" for reneging on their offer.

http://www.nothingunrealexists.com/dump/lifetime.png
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etched View Post
We're blaming the "game company" for reneging on their offer.

http://www.nothingunrealexists.com/dump/lifetime.png
Yeah, and that sucks, but it really doesn't exclude poor planning on anyone's part. I feel bad that you're not going to be able to take advantage of the lower rate, but this is likely something you should've signed up for way ahead of time.

The good news is that Cryptic has demonstrated pretty decent customer service in the past. I wouldn't be surprised if they extended the lower rates for the lifetime signup for at least a little bit.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 11:21 PM
They did say the 1st was the deadline to buy. You snooze you lose though you might be able to call them and say you tried to and it was down which it was for a while but since they were offering it for days I doubt you will get a sympathetic ear.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 11:31 PM
So many negative replies. Amazing, isn't it?

A) The deadline was 11:59 PACIFIC time. Which can be quite some later time for us in Central and Eastern.
B) There's no indication of the 'progress' of how much % of the subscriptions are left, or any reason for there to be a limit for something that doesn't physically exist.
C) Complain all you want about timing, but he tried for SIX HOURS and got an error. Not a "It's over" but an error preventing him from buying it. Not. His. Fault.
D) Doing that to customers is just bad business sense. The guy spent maybe 5 bucks on a pre-order, got to play, etc, etc. He would have spent another 250 on the lifetime and 55 on the boxed game. The company gets five (assuming it's not just going to pay the middlemen) and loses out on $295. He's not going to do lifetimes, so they can't do that to pad the loss, they're just out nearly 300 bucks per customer that gets annoyed at this.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 11:32 PM
so the last day to get the lifetime was the first?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 11:37 PM
well its only 10:40 pacific time and it says its already expired. wish i could get it but i'd better save the money. work is slow.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymo0829 View Post
so the last day to get the lifetime was the first?
It has been out for weeks, but StormShade has said that they will add life time sub after launch for 299.99$.