Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 02:30 AM
Im the only one who likes emergency weapons to engines ? and aux to battery ? :-)
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Im the only one who likes emergency weapons to engines ? and aux to battery ? :-)
Probably.

Though you might find some others that like Emergency Weapons to Engines close cousin Emergency Power to Engines

Need more speed! Toss more phasers onto the fire!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 03:23 AM
Reverse Shield Polarity. Nothing like tanking absolutely everything no matter how nasty for 15 seconds. Also like Feedback Pulse. If only they both worked on the Doomsday Machine...

Hey, does RSP have a global cooldown if I have two engineering officers with the skill?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 03:26 AM
Boarding Party . Just seeing the little shuttles is cool heh.

Tractor Beam and deploying mines works great also.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 03:33 AM
I like to have tractor beam repulsors.

They do extra damage (actually not bad against unshielded targets), they provide an excellent defence against high yield plasma torps and power siphons, they can be used to counter an enemy tractor beam, and they allow me to fly through mine fields without a care (came in handy on 'Hunting the Hunters').

They will also shove cannon users out of optimum range, which can make BoPs a bit easier to deal with.

They are not a 'must have', but I do find them very useful
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 04:14 AM
So many difficult choices to make.

Science
I used tachyon beam in beta and now switched over to tractor beam .

For Engineer /Cruiser tractor beam seems good at atm as the crusier turns slowly, and if I can hold my opponent in one place for a while that is great , those few seconds is more than enough

Scramble sensors seems fun , but isnt their a rukle that ships have to be within 3 km of each other .

Tactical
Once the tgt is one tractor beam the tac BO uses High Yield torpedoes with Quantam Torpedoes .I absolutely love this skill , nothing better than wracking the ship with a huge damage spike

Engineering ,
I have 2 BO that I usually switch over , one has Eng team skill and the other has emergency power to shields
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 04:14 AM
Tachyon beam level 9 really helps me get the shields down, I used to have emergency power to shields but that didn't help much if the regen is down, so I bought the klingon engineering officer and he has engineering team 1 which adds 1800 health, which is pretty good and it restores about 20% shield regeneration. For tactical i user torpedo spread. Becasue I use disruptors instead of phasers so the beam overload doesn't help me at all.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 04:45 AM
I currently have Tactical Team I, Engineering Team II and Science Team II, the shared cooldown isn't that bad you can use two of the skills basically before the first skill has reset. So I open with Tactical when I go into comabt and then use Science if I need it followed by Engineering, then I can use Science again after that.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 06:47 AM
I have Emergency Power to shields,Rotate Shield Freq, and Fire at will...lol I love them all...and one more just cant remember atm
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 06:54 AM
Viral Matrix - Nothing like totally disabling a ship and putting it dead in its track.

Tykens Rift looks cool however I dont use it.