Lt. Commander
# 1 DC'd at Every Load Screen
02-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Hi. I understand the servers are under a lot of stress. I understand the game is new. But is this issue being looked into? Has there been any acknowledgment from someone at Cryptic saying something like:

"We are aware some of you are experiencing connection issues when loading new areas."

This is what I'm looking for. I need to know that they understand it is on their end. So, if Cryptic feels it is my issue, and it will not improve over the next month, there isn't much point in playing.

I see a few people complaining about disconnects here and there, but I get DC'd at 9/10 loading screens. (which is about every 3 minutes) It boots me to login, and I can immediately log in again. But it is extremely annoying.

SERVER NOT RESPONDING, red letters, loading screen, at the top. Sadface.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 10:44 PM
The only official response I've seen on this issue is to change the proxy setting in your STO launcher... Even after so many threads have clearly and repeatedly stated that all the different proxy options have been tested. It happens on multiple ISPs over multiple countries, and still people who report this via a ticket get a response telling them that their server is working as intended and the problem must be at the player's end. BS.

I have posted my own detailed information about this problem in another thread, I've tried the patient and helpful approach and now I'm just tired... I love what little of the game I've played, but the complete stonewall from Cryptic is just frustrating.