Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 10:15 PM
I care (if you paid) but I really wish you would not make 10 new thread about the same subject.

I also wish you'd calm down a little and NOT say things like, "THE SERVER BEING DOWN FOR 1 HOUR VIOLATES MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!!!! NOW I KNOW HOW THOSE POOR JEWS FELT!!!!!!!!" Or things to that effect.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 10:16 PM
You should care. I wont say that I will speak for Cryptic but I will say that I bet they care why people do not like their game. Im sure they also care if people cancel.

Less money and less people = less future development. If all that is left is lifetime subscribers then it will probably eventually = closed doors. Yeah you should care.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrocket
To whom it may concern,

1. I'm sorry you don't like the game.

2. I'm sorry you are bored.

3. I'm sorry you payed for a lifetime subscription BEFORE playing the game.

4. I'm REALLY sorry you payed for a lifetime subscription after playing the beta and regret it.

5. I'm sorry you are going to quit playing.

6. I'm sorry that the world isn't fair.

I believe I speak for a majority of users on these forums when I say;

WE DON'T CARE!

So please go away now... your Warhammer Figurines need dusted.
We really need less people who have attitudes such as yours active in the STO community, it simply isn't good for the game. And contrary to what you might think, I feel you are doing more harm than good.

Simply being dismissive of people who may or may not have valid dissenting opinions or criticisms shows yourself to be a narrow minded ignoramus. That isn't meant to be offensive per se, but a lot of people may just automatically shut you off for your failure to allow open discussion and tolerate others.

Frankly, if this game is to survive or by any means be successful, the inviting people in and not dismissing them is what gets the job done. Simply telling people "we don't care about what you think" is a complete turn off so much so that I'm afraid the outside world would brand the STO community a close minded elitist group with no room for rational discussion. I'm sorry but I disagree with you, and would contend that your attitude is wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
You should care. I wont say that I will speak for Cryptic but I will say that I bet they care why people do not like their game. Im sure they also care if people cancel.

Less money and less people = less future development. If all that is left is lifetime subscribers then it will probably eventually = closed doors. Yeah you should care.
Well technically how do we know they care? For all we know the OP might be right and Cryptic does not care. They only wanted to sell a ton of LT subs and games at launch then bail on the game to work on next assembly line MMO they have coming in less than a year. But I am also guessing based on what they did with CO. But who knows maybe they actually care more about STO than CO, even though CO cost the same and sub is same and LT I believe was same(Thank god I didn't buy one). Only time will tell.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFlowers View Post
We really need less people who have attitudes such as yours active in the STO community, it simply isn't good for the game. And contrary to what you might think, I feel you are doing more harm than good.

Simply being dismissive of people who may or may not have valid dissenting opinions or criticisms shows yourself to be a narrow minded ignoramus. That isn't meant to be offensive per se, but a lot of people may just automatically shut you off for your failure to allow open discussion and tolerate others.

Frankly, if this game is to survive or by any means be successful, the inviting people in and not dismissing them is what gets the job done. Simply telling people "we don't care about what you think" is a complete turn off so much so that I'm afraid the outside world would brand the STO community a close minded elitist group with no room for rational discussion. I'm sorry but I disagree with you, and would contend that your attitude is wrong.
More then OP i think its people like you from whom community should be aware. Aren't you the one who made a long and dramatic topic based solely on pure assumptions and speculation as to how Cryptic is greedy money grabber company? even when all decisions are handled by ATARI. Finally you got your topic locked by moderators. All you do is spread wrong and false information on basis of your experience with CO.

Seriously preach someone else. I am quite capable to see through your bullsh*t.

10/10 for hypocrisy.
Lt. Commander
# 16 smithers
02-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Why you not care about critisisim??? critisisim is good;its only mr smithers best pal that blows his hard drive,
makes comments about how they dont care what the world think, they love m
r smithers (cryptic studios in this case) regardless.
You who call criiques (trolls) have had your cpu scrambled by a delusion of love for your pethetic little so called game.

And the remark that you make in the articulation of "troll" shows that you cant engage in intelligent conversation.

So i dont care be hard drive suckers all your lives if thats what turns on your Laptop.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
More then OP i think its people like you from whom community should be aware. Aren't you the one who made a long and dramatic topic based solely on pure assumptions and speculation as to how Cryptic is greedy money grabber company? even when all decisions are handled by ATARI. Finally you got your topic locked by moderators. All you do is spread wrong and false information on basis of your experience with CO.

Seriously preach someone else. I am quite capable to see through your bullsh*t.

10/10 for hypocrisy.
Sir, I have no idea what your beef is with me in particular. I have been on these forums and active a lot longer than you and am well respected. I'm not sure what you may or may not have read into my previous posts, but I certainly do not make assumptions.

I post possibilities and if I am correct in in thinking which post you are referring to, then in that case I was only trying to make people aware of some of Cryptic/Atari's business practices. The topic was locked by moderators not because of anything I said, but because of flamers and trolls having a field day. On that same note, that very topic had several threads pertaining to it as well, and they also got locked.

You do not know me, nor do you know this community well enough to make such baseless accusations. I doubt you've even read a 1/10 of what I have contributed here. It certainly sounds like I am sounding pompous and arrogant, but I tire the way this community has been digressing in its civility. I tire of people talking out of their asses thinking they are the **** and know what they are talking about. Well I'm sorry to say, that you DON'T know what your talking about. Once you've read all that I've contributed, then maybe I would parlay with you over the assertion that you can see "through all my ********", but until then, you are just uninformed and ignorant.

You have absolutely no right, and no credibility whatsoever to smear my name.

Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobFlowers View Post
Sir, I have no idea what your beef is with me in particular. I have been on these forums and active a lot longer than you and am well respected. I'm not sure what you may or may not have read into my previous posts, but I certainly do not make assumptions.

I post possibilities and if I am correct in in thinking which post you are referring to, then in that case I was only trying to make people aware of some of Cryptic/Atari's business practices. The topic was locked by moderators not because of anything I said, but because of flamers and trolls having a field day. On that same note, that very topic had several threads pertaining to it as well, and they also got locked.

You do not know me, nor do you know this community well enough to make such baseless accusations. I doubt you've even read a 1/10 of what I have contributed here. It certainly sounds like I am sounding pompous and arrogant, but I tire the way this community has been digressing in its civility. I tire of people talking out of their asses thinking they are the **** and know what they are talking about. Well I'm sorry to say, that you DON'T know what your talking about. Once you've read all that I've contributed, then maybe I would parlay with you over the assertion that you can see "through all my ********", but until then, you are just uninformed and ignorant.
Oh so you contributed so much to community that it gave you right to slander Cryptic? i did read the entire sorry excuse of topic that you posted and it contained zero facts just butt load of assumptions and future speculations. When it was locked mod quite clearly stated that he does not appreciate spreading of rumours.

You made such a big fuss on small expansions for CO which no one knows how it will be priced and how much content it will have on release. And you somehow made parallels with STO and how we are going to be scammed just like CO players.

if you were as intelligent as you say you are you must have made a topic based on facts and not rumours. i don't know who gave you the idea that you are well respected in community.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_ploe
Well technically how do we know they care? For all we know the OP might be right and Cryptic does not care. They only wanted to sell a ton of LT subs and games at launch then bail on the game to work on next assembly line MMO they have coming in less than a year. But I am also guessing based on what they did with CO. But who knows maybe they actually care more about STO than CO, even though CO cost the same and sub is same and LT I believe was same(Thank god I didn't buy one). Only time will tell.
This is very true.... they may not care but.... As much as I dislike this game and as much as I think Cryptic is just pumping out MMO's as fast and lazily as possible, just to make a buck.... I would really find it hard to believe that they didn't care about lost subs...
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyx
Oh so you contributed so much to community that it gave you right to slander Cryptic? i did read the entire sorry excuse of topic that you posted and it contained zero facts just butt load of assumptions and future speculations. When it was locked mod quite clearly stated that he does not appreciate spreading of rumours.

You made such a big fuss on small expansions for CO which no one knows how it will be priced and how much content it will have on release. And you somehow made parallels with STO and how we are going to be scammed just like CO players.

if you were as intelligent as you say you are you must have made a topic based on facts and not rumours. i don't know who gave you the idea that you are well respected in community.
Did I say we were going to be scammed?
No. While other people may have, I did not.

Did I slander Cryptic?
No. If I did, quote me, otherwise, I did not spread false statements to damage Cryptic's reputation. If people had a negative reaction, then I hope they were informed and did so to their own conclusions.

Assumptions?
I posted a link to a Massively who covered the issue. Massively in turn posted the thread which caused the uproar to begin with. I spoke of what is possible, not definite. People do that all.the.time.

Speculations?
Just making people aware of what Cryptic's decisions are. People can take it for what they will. And if people made their own speculations, its no fault of my own. People speculate all the time, and there is nothign wrong with that as long as it is not baseless. I didn't give any abhorrent b.s. as you may claim, but quoted directly from CO's site. And in fact, I don't even play CO, so who's assuming. And before you go off on a tangent saying that I have no basis to speak of, you're wrong. Know the gaming industry, particularly the MMO market is what I get paid to do.

The Issues about CO
Unfortunately people do know how much content the paid expansion will have, Cryptic even goes so far as to describe some of its features. Cost? That really does not matter considering the state Cryptic has left CO in six months after launch, which if you were familiar with the issue at hand, you'd not have brought that up in the first place. People are outraged about it not with regard to cost but to principle. I won't go into details because that would be thread jacking.

Its amazing hwo much effort you are putting in to denouncing me instead of addressing the points I've made earlier. Instead of listening to understand, you seek only to belittle and argue back.

I've made my point about being open minded, and fair to civil debate on these forums, while you persist in personally attacking me. I'm not interested in continuing any further, and if I've offended you personally I apologize. But I do not see any further reason to justify myself to you.