Lt. Commander
# 1 This is so CRÁP
02-01-2010, 10:17 PM
ets start with the sfx & voice.
when i logged in and was greeted by an npc the voice faded between just about audiable to totally inaudible,in part due to not wanting to have the sound of the "red alert" blasting my eardrums at 124dbl.
2nd impressions were;hmm the graphics look a bit old (5 years past sell by date) but never mind hopefully the gameplay will be good???

after 30 miniutes and at end of performing a beam over rescue in a ship that has about much grace of movement as a 8 byte zx81 block move (besides the point il make) The so Called GAME is nothing more then "FOLLOW THE SCRIPT" duh! You do know what a game is;yes? hello i see the lights are on your starship but no-ones on board.

There is no free movement as in you decide what to do or where to go,ect;you may as well but a bot(macro) behine the controlls & then whats the point,i not even got a cd for this game that i could melt for raw meterials or heat in an emergency;so $60 down the drain.

Ill Spell it out!

THIS SO CALLED GAME IS TOTALLY CRAP!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Uri View Post
when i logged in and was greeted by an npc the voice faded between just about audiable to totally inaudible,in part due to not wanting to have the sound of the "red alert" blasting my eardrums at 124dbl.
2nd impressions were;hmm the graphics look a bit old (5 years past sell by date) but never mind hopefully the gameplay will be good???

after 30 miniutes and at end of performing a beam over rescue in a ship that has about much grace of movement as a 8 byte zx81 block move (besides the point il make) The so Called GAME is nothing more then "FOLLOW THE SCRIPT" duh! You do know what a game is;yes? hello i see the lights are on your starship but no-ones on board.

There is no free movement as in you decide what to do or where to go,ect;you may as well but a bot(macro) behine the controlls & then whats the point,i not even got a cd for this game that i could melt for raw meterials or heat in an emergency;so $60 down the drain.

Ill Spell it out!

You are probably all of what lvl 1?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Are we playing the same game?

What you described sounds nothing like what i've been playing for the past 3 days.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 10:21 PM
well the sound problem seems like something wrong with your system not the game, and its to bad u dont like the tutural, it'll be a shame to loose u in spacedock asking where sulu is.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Let me get this straight, your mad because the tutorial led you along a scripted path? You do know what the point of a tutorial is don't you? If yes then why are you surprised?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Uri View Post

Ill Spell it out!

sound like's some is stuck in the tutorial?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 10:23 PM
lol...

So let me get this straight...
- You screwed with the volume settings but it's somehow the game's fault.
- The graphics quality is actually quite nice with decent settings. So you computer must suck. But it's the game's fault.
- You played the tutorial. Of course it's scripted. That's the point. But obviously you missing it is the game's fault.

The only possible complaint you have of any real value would be laggy movement. It's a starting area that literally every new character goes through, and the game is in the process of releasing. I think it goes without saying that area will be laggy for a while.

Other than that..... I couldn't decide if this "complaint" was serious or a joke....
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
lol...

So let me get this straight...
- You screwed with the volume settings but it's somehow the game's fault.
- The graphics quality is actually quite nice with decent settings. So you computer must suck. But it's the game's fault.
- You played the tutorial. Of course it's scripted. That's the point. But obviously you missing it is the game's fault.

The only possible complaint you have of any real value would be laggy movement. It's a starting area that literally every new character goes through, and the game is in the process of releasing. I think it goes without saying that area will be laggy for a while.

Other than that..... I couldn't decide if this "complaint" was serious or a joke....
If its a joke, its a damn bad one... Spock could do better with a joke...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Hell I felt Tutorial was not scripted enough. It was kinda blah if ask me. Not much teaching in so called Tutorial. IMO was not realy a creative beging to the game. What I would of done is started the Tutorial out in StarFleet Academy and work it's way from there. Taking you around the SanFran Bay area looking at sites from the Star Trek movie. Then move off into space combat. They rushed in the Borg to quick into this game. Made Borg seem really weak like a lvl1 rat in a fantasy MMO
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Operator error rears it's ugly head once more...

You can go to the audio tab and adjust various sound effects and voice volume. That would have solved your first problem.

You're in the tutorial, in the middle of a battle. What, did you expect to do what you wanted? In a tutorial? First time playing a game?

I'm detecting a whiff of troll odor here. Anyways, don't like the game? Stop playing it. Only an idiot keeps doing something they don't like. Of course, only an impatient idiot gives a game 20 minutes to woo them.

You don't like the game? Oh well. YOUR likes do not determine the worth of a single thing in the universe EXCEPT it's worth towards you. So, yes. The game is crap for YOU. However, it is not crap to others. To assume that YOUR opinion is so great it should be the baseline that all other opinions adhere to is not only hubris of the nth degree, it is so laughably pathetic to make any attempt of an insult by me towards you completely superfluous. You, sir, have pwned yourself.