Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-01-2010, 11:47 PM
See above for a typical example of klingon "constructive feedback"...how childish, how stupid...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
See above for a typical example of klingon "constructive feedback"...how childish, how stupid...
Cry more, i dont care anymore. Care left the building.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-02-2010, 03:47 AM
Funny how all the sudden Klingon's are tactical experts. The Fed ball exist out of necessity. The Klingon ball exist out of necessity. If the Federation splits up the Klingons follow them in their own ball and wipe out 1/2 of them or whatever number decide to split.

I hope it get's better at the higher levels. Right now my Klingon is much more enjoyable.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-02-2010, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralSchaal View Post
Funny how all the sudden Klingon's are tactical experts. The Fed ball exist out of necessity. The Klingon ball exist out of necessity. If the Federation splits up the Klingons follow them in their own ball and wipe out 1/2 of them or whatever number decide to split.

I hope it get's better at the higher levels. Right now my Klingon is much more enjoyable.
It's not that they're such tactical experts they simply have a higher ratio of people who know what they're actually doing, in addition feds are often attempting to dps race down escorts(sometimes cross healing escorts) with beam arrays and occasional cannons(fed escort probably dies early tho).

It is easier now for klings to FF as you can work things out safely in cloak from 20k, but it's also easy to have 1 person call and spacebar off her, if that person switches switch to their new target(should only switch if kling has many funny icons on or RSP).

Heal whoever the klings hit and have them run a bit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-02-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralSchaal View Post
Funny how all the sudden Klingon's are tactical experts. The Fed ball exist out of necessity. The Klingon ball exist out of necessity. If the Federation splits up the Klingons follow them in their own ball and wipe out 1/2 of them or whatever number decide to split.

I hope it get's better at the higher levels. Right now my Klingon is much more enjoyable.

Later levels we get Carriers that are visible.

Thus meaning our stealthers protect the Carriers and Feds try to gank em =)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcane View Post
Capture and hold gets annoying since a lot of klingons don't seem to realize you cannot cap while cloaked.
Wow. I didn't know that either.

One match was sorta annoying... we were chasing each other at full impulse on opposite sides of the map, but Feds had most of the points already. We'd see a point turn red then rush over there only to see the Klingons left already :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-02-2010, 08:12 AM
What many newcomers dont realise is that Klingons have been nerfed to a dramatic extent in the Beta's, and many of the players formed tight knit groups and cliques as well as their fleets, these teams were playing regularly with eachother due to the servre population difference in Fed to Klingons ratio... this pop difference was dramatically made apparent in the End of Beta event.

Faced against a disorganised rabble with only one tactic (thats not supposed to be insulting - but its rare that we - as a fleet - run accross a Fed fleet PvP'ing together), we began coming up with firing orders, and builds that would work fast and efficiently. Before combat we call 3 targets, these are the first 3 we hit then work our way on through. Some times we will hit one, but not through any skills out - when we see that hes loaded out with buffs we switch targets to who we really want to kill.

These and probably a hundered other ways/tactics were formulated by various groups within the Klingon side to combaat an OP fed ball, when we got them working we started to beat the feds on occasion despite the imbalance, then Cryptic began 'balancing and fixing' Klingons, we are now fairly balanced, but our tactics are still superior.

9 games out of 10 odds are feds are playing a team of Klingons, even if its only a 3 man team, against organised teams disorganised randoms will lose... The day you have it so randoms can beat an organised team is the day its way out of balance, as when two teams meet one will be at a clear disadvantage.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-02-2010, 08:14 AM
The OP feeling of klingons comes from a few things. Feds are still uncoordinated for the most part, they seem to love to FI into battle, and they come in with PVE specs and treat PVP like PVE. I have been in 3 matches where feds focus fired and healed whoever was under attack. All 3 ended with a score around to 3-15.

If pvp was "balanced" around these problems, to where an unprepared fed fleet can win vs a organized klingon fleet, it will destroy pvp.


I still think feds need a couple FvF maps, without rewards of course, so they can figure out PVP instead of crying foul because klingons don't act like the npc variety.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcane View Post
The OP feeling of klingons comes from a few things. Feds are still uncoordinated for the most part, they seem to love to FI into battle, and they come in with PVE specs and treat PVP like PVE. I have been in 3 matches where feds focus fired and healed whoever was under attack. All 3 ended with a score around to 3-15.

If pvp was "balanced" around these problems, to where an unprepared fed fleet can win vs a organized klingon fleet, it will destroy pvp.


I still think feds need a couple FvF maps, without rewards of course, so they can figure out PVP instead of crying foul because klingons don't act like the npc variety.
The federation uses simulations to train captains. That is well known. They don't do it vs other federation ships though. That makes no sense.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:36 PM.