Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 04:41 AM
Powerleveling has nothing to do with the deepspac encounters, because if you only can make the quests each 6 minutes + the time you need to clear one instance 8 and thats the way to go then there is only one instance (or did i miss something and you can reset the zone ? ) its not really good for leveling up. it will become much much faster when many people are in one high level zone.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosch25
Powerleveling has nothing to do with the deepspac encounters, because if you only can make the quests each 6 minutes + the time you need to clear one instance 8 and thats the way to go then there is only one instance (or did i miss something and you can reset the zone ? ) its not really good for leveling up. it will become much much faster when many people are in one high level zone.
Yes you missed something, you just can hop instance, if im lucky i can finish the whole deepspace encounter quest in 3-4min. Searching rooms where the battle is already in progress, e.g. there are already 5/8 groups killed. Quickly kill another three-> and go to the next instance -> rinse and repeat.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 04:51 AM
I'm all about questing but after playing open beta and having played one toon while waiting for the day to come when I could actually start my joined trill has made me plan on trying any thing to get my trill caught up to my brother's toon.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 04:55 AM
@Hornet331: thats the point i wanted to say, he said "oh no there is already an admiral" . And i could not use the deadspace encounter like others can do it in the future (there is no instance there you can hop in then only 1 player is there you get an error msg saying "no possible maps)
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 05:04 AM
Personally, I've never enjoyed doing Deep Space Encounter missions. Waste of time vs. rewards overall. They are repeatable true, but I'd rather go do the Exploration missions myself. Better rewards, better variety of different mission types. I personally feel Cryptic should setup them up similar to Exploration missions where once you do one of them, you have to go do a regular mission in order for the Exploration mission to be available for repeat.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 05:04 AM
There is already a mechanic in game to address this problem. It's called "stop grinding."

Seriously? "I grind all day and I'm level 32. I wish it took 30% longer." You know what? Grind 30% less and it will in fact take you longer to level.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimskringla View Post
Here's the thing... Some people don't enjoy leveling and want to get it done as quickly as possible. Believe it or not, there are people who just want to focus on end-game PvP or PvE. Grinding deep space encounters is a pretty decent way to manage that.

It's not really a problem, except for people who like to complain about other people's play styles.

I ground deep space instances through Lt... mostly because I played through LT very thoroughly during Open Beta. I'm not really fond of grinding, so it's not my cup of tea, exactly.
Our version of that is broken ...... where is Klingon "free" exp ... /cry

Instance hopping should be disabled. its an abuse of game mechanics and should be banned if you use it for powerlevel your toon.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archess
i sense that there will be 40 ish people whining about "where is the endgame content" somewhere tommorow :p
haha That is a good point past this
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigonos View Post
There is already a mechanic in game to address this problem. It's called "stop grinding."

Seriously? "I grind all day and I'm level 32. I wish it took 30% longer." You know what? Grind 30% less and it will in fact take you longer to level.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Thanks for appropriately signing your post.

Besides that why do people like you bother posting here? You clearly dont care about being banned or other people's opinions beyond you own? You are not here for a constructive argument.

You have 0 logic in that thing you call a head. You cant sit here and tell me or anyone to grind less that has nothing to do with the fact that it is too fast. If my federation player was doing too much damage in PvE and I believe it should be balanced(IMO) does that mean I should just remove the phaser bank and its all fixed?

This was nothing but a suggestion post, if you have nothing constructive but a smart guy attitude reply with loads of personal insults then move back to the WoW forums.

I hope you post a "I QUIT" rage post when they do nerf it and they probably will since you are so pationate about this.

To everyone else you have good points to the contrary.

The fact that there may be no end game is a strong argument in itself.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 05:47 AM
If people want to race and grind to end game let them... just like in all the other games i have played what you end up with is high end NOOBS. The people who take time to level are the ones who end up being the better player.