Lt. Commander
# 21
02-02-2010, 05:48 AM
This method of leveling sounds exceedingly dull. So you hit admiral in 3 days, so what? There's nothing to do at the cap yet. So now you've just wasted your money and skipped all the content actually in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-02-2010, 05:56 AM
lvling is fine.not really not fun to get to admirl and still have to wait for end game content. their a adirmal in the my fleet and he said mission not at adrial rank 2 so all your left with is exploring mission. dont mean it should be impossble for the rest of us to get to amdrial who dont have as musch time to gring out the lvl as other

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 06:28 AM
I appreciate that the OP has posted this information for all to see, simply put he is trying to get a little attention to a subject that may need some looking at by cryptic.
Personally I feel that Cryptic did not intend for players to exploit the change instance option of the game to power-level to admiral in a week. I also remember reading somewhere that Cryptic didn't want players pwerleveling off any one quest, which is why they made the majority non-repeatable, or put a limit on them.

From the viewpoint of hardcore grinder/mmo players etc, I can understand the point of wanting to get to max level asap so you can "kerplown noobz in pvp all day long" but you have to admit.. admiral in a week is awefully fast is it not? Let me try to put this in a little better perspective for some of you.. Live starts today and there is already an admiral, that sounds kind of silly doesn't it?
Maybe I'm just crazy thinking that the game would've been more fun for the OP and maybe the mentionned admiral if the most efficient way of leveling wasn't using what seems to be an exploit of the change istance system, and instead going through the main storyline.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtauntaun View Post
This method of leveling sounds exceedingly dull. So you hit admiral in 3 days, so what? There's nothing to do at the cap yet. So now you've just wasted your money and skipped all the content actually in the game.
Possibly you can look at it that way as well. But could you say the same thing about taking too long to level? What if it was someone's game play style to grind as long as they can. Not talking about a LIneage II type of leveling system

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain reaper
the lvling is fine
just because you were able to power lvl. doesnt mean it should be impossble for the rest of us to get to amdrial

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Hi
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Well we better not hear a "I'm bored" or "there not enough content" from these guys that want to run from ensign to Admiral in 3 days.I'll just keep the rest of my thoughts on it to myself since it would likely get my post erased and a spanking from the gm of the forum.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-02-2010, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAN69UK View Post
How about they just stop the power levellers? Cap the amount of XP you can earn in 24 hours

I don't get to play much, so slowing my progress further would be bad mmm'kay
NO!

Cap the amount of Encounters you can do or Fleet actions you can do in 24hrs. Not the amount of XP. BAD Idea! Caping XP WILL be a game killer. (it isnt needed but if you're gonna cap ANYTHING, this should be capped)

Bad, BAD idea.

On another note, I think the leveling system is just fine. Those who want to take it easy, can. Those who want to PL through the beginning content, can. There is no need for change.

Honestly, I'm lvl LtCdr7 (17). I'm not trying to burn through the game content and make level as quickly as possible.

Given that the OP is already lvl 32, I'd say that he (or she) is power leveling themselves (or just has nothing else better to do). (comment not meant as a hit, just a statement)
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneGaze
I appreciate that the OP has posted this information for all to see, simply put he is trying to get a little attention to a subject that may need some looking at by cryptic.
Personally I feel that Cryptic did not intend for players to exploit the change instance option of the game to power-level to admiral in a week. I also remember reading somewhere that Cryptic didn't want players pwerleveling off any one quest, which is why they made the majority non-repeatable, or put a limit on them.

From the viewpoint of hardcore grinder/mmo players etc, I can understand the point of wanting to get to max level asap so you can "kerplown noobz in pvp all day long" but you have to admit.. admiral in a week is awefully fast is it not? Let me try to put this in a little better perspective for some of you.. Live starts today and there is already an admiral, that sounds kind of silly doesn't it?
Maybe I'm just crazy thinking that the game would've been more fun for the OP and maybe the mentionned admiral if the most efficient way of leveling wasn't using what seems to be an exploit of the change istance system, and instead going through the main storyline.
Well they cannot do much in PvP except for gear up and wait for Klingons really. They can go back and replay the quests if they want to I guess?

By the way I think the first Admiral was about 10 hours ago, so less than a 3 days in this case

Great job there T'pal
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJWAmick View Post
NO!

Cap the amount of Encounters you can do or Fleet actions you can do in 24hrs. Not the amount of XP. BAD Idea! Caping XP WILL be a game killer. (it isnt needed but if you're gonna cap ANYTHING, this should be capped)

Bad, BAD idea.

On another note, I think the leveling system is just fine. Those who want to take it easy, can. Those who want to PL through the beginning content, can. There is no need for change.

Honestly, I'm lvl LtCdr7 (17). I'm not trying to burn through the game content and make level as quickly as possible.

Given that the OP is already lvl 32, I'd say that he (or she) is power leveling themselves (or just has nothing else better to do). (comment not meant as a hit, just a statement)
Ya I agree with that. Capping the instances on a timmer would just hurt players who have time to play one day but not the next.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Try playing the actual game? Its more fun that way. Speed leveling right now is seriously the stupidest thing you can be doing if you are playing this game to have fun.

In a couple of years when the end game is more developed and bug free, sure, maybe then its worth it, but right now? I never even got high enough to see if there was endgame content in either beta. If there is anything there, its probably buggy as hell like it was in Champions.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Cryptic really need to re-evalute leveling speeds.This is my greatest concern with this game.

If it's 80 hours for the average players, it can be done in 40 hours (maybe even less for instance changer exploiters) by dedicated players. that's basically a weekend of gameplay. You can - of course - make it deliberately slow, but when you're onto this, you know something's fundamentally wrong.

As others already posted, in a day or two, "nothing to do, already bored" threads will swap "this game is crap" threads.

i know it means more lesser level content - less xp. The latter? It's easy to do. But more lesser level content means more working hours and those hours should be dedicated to pump out as much high level content as possible.