Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyimpala View Post
Thank you Mr. Mott
No problem, I hope the best.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 01:22 AM
funny my atari CE was shipped ups, lest that where i input my tracking # and there it was lol i did not even check the site. just guesed it was ups or usps.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 01:25 AM
The problem for Canadians is UPS charges a stupid brokerage fee ( rip off) when the package is delivered. Whats more of a rip off is that they hide that you can avoid the fee by going to your local customs office and clearing it through forms.

I completely have boycotted UPS and completely avoid brokerage by just ordering a little bit more expensive shipping besides standards.

As atari did not allow me to pick any shipping besides standard, and as I was led to believe it was Fedex, I am very upset knowing UPS will be knocking at my door asking for an additional 30-40 dollars on top of what I paid.

I can't wait to speak to a representative tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 02:05 AM
I dont blame you at all, I had wondered the same myself as I checked the link and got a constant not found on the fed-x tracking. It wasnt untill I found this thread I even thought about ups.. That is honestly bunk that Atari would say fed-x and ship through ups. But out of all the options to order from unfortunatly or fortunatly depending on your view. Atari was the best for me. After all the things I read anyway. But the fee for whatever just cause its outside of the us.. that is just bull in my thoughts. I hope that things go well or at least better, and that it can be fixed for you
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 01:45 PM
I've been on hold with digital river for 40 minutes. I'm not getting anywhere, I want a mod to help me.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Wow, this is rather entertaining. Wondered why it came up "invalid" at the FedEx page it sent me to when I was checking on it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyimpala View Post
The problem for Canadians is UPS charges a stupid brokerage fee ( rip off) when the package is delivered. Whats more of a rip off is that they hide that you can avoid the fee by going to your local customs office and clearing it through forms.

I completely have boycotted UPS and completely avoid brokerage by just ordering a little bit more expensive shipping besides standards.

As atari did not allow me to pick any shipping besides standard, and as I was led to believe it was Fedex, I am very upset knowing UPS will be knocking at my door asking for an additional 30-40 dollars on top of what I paid.

I can't wait to speak to a representative tomorrow.
strange i ordered a game from ea store was deleivered by ups and the most i had to pay was like $3
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 03:18 PM
I called UPS since my package was going to be arriving at my door tomorrow, and they told me I would have to pay 43.20.

So 79.99 for the game, 16 for shipping, and 43.20 for brokerage. No thank you. On the bright side I was contacted by someone in Atari and I am getting help at the moment.

Thank you.

Again guys don't forget brokerage is charged when orders from the US are shipped to Canada via Ground. It is usually avoided when you upgrade your shipping via Air but it was not available.