Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorilius
Well that sucks. Why would they charge me before the game time even started?

That makes no sense to me.
Wow, where is the personal responsibility. Isn't the question really, why would you pay for 12 months of service before the game time even started, not why would they charge you.

They didn't force you to click buy and accept the charges, it was your choice and you made it. In fact, they were doing EXACTLY what you asked them to do.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2010, 11:06 PM
Quote:
I know, Im dumb. But I had a change of heart, and instead I would like to pay monthly instead of a full 12 month.

But they already charged me for the 12 month, before I even have the game or played the first 30 days free.

Can I get a refund?
You should be able to just issue a charge back claiming inability to connect to service.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-01-2010, 11:06 PM
indeed, cryptic is providing exactly the service they claimed they would, access to their online game for a period of 12 months
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
Did you read the part where I said "90% of the time" and "could mess with your credit score?" Obviously not because it's regurgitated in the quote of this post.
No I read it, I just felt it needed to be said again for emphasis. Messing with Credit card companies is risky business, sure chances are you will be safe, but if things go wrong, those people have no souls and they will mess your credit up to levels you don't ever wanna reach.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustsail
No I read it, I just felt it needed to be said again for emphasis. Messing with Credit card companies is risky business, sure chances are you will be safe, but if things go wrong, those people have no souls and they will mess your credit up to levels you don't ever wanna reach.
lexingtonlaw.com
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Not to mention fraud is a crime and you could do jail time... if the credit card company wanted to get really nasty.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Ok that's cool.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Quote:
I know, Im dumb. But I had a change of heart, and instead I would like to pay monthly instead of a full 12 month.

But they already charged me for the 12 month, before I even have the game or played the first 30 days free.

Can I get a refund?
There's contact information under the support link for Billing contacts. They are the only ones who can answer your question about this so contact them and explain. Under the agreement they can refuse but many companies will make exception if you make the request to change after a short time.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlinker
Not to mention fraud is a crime and you could do jail time... if the credit card company wanted to get really nasty.
No, you wouldn't. Reality is a lovely thing that way. No D/A would EVER touch anything as stupid as that. And over what ... a hundred to two hundred bucks? Give me a damn break ... Worst case (and very implausible) is that you get sued through civil court ... which also wouldn't happen over a couple hundred bucks.