Lt. Commander
# 1 Why all the hate?
02-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Vitriol and bile are easy to spew when you are anonymous. The joys of the internet.

ANND the server puts me above the OP....sheesh...

Replying to down there ---v
Lt. Commander
# 2 Why all the hate?
02-01-2010, 10:55 PM
I really enjoy the game. Always when I think it's getting boring, it surprises me somehow. Like I thought Ground missions were a little dull, but then wailing on an orion with my martial art skills was fun as hell. Also finding my dual phaser pistols is sweet.

I guess it's either a love/hate relationship with this game, or people just haven't played it long enough to get to the juicy parts.

Can I get a Ramen!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Word, dude, word
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Vitriol and bile are easy to spew when you are anonymous. The joys of the internet.

ANND the server puts me above the OP....sheesh...

Replying to down there ---v
Asking people to explain hate is perpetuating hate.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 11:03 PM
I just wanted to voice my adoration for this game. I also do think that the people who don't like it are being excessively critical and probably haven't exposed themselves to the game enough.

Everyone definitely has the right to not like this game, totally. I don't like Halo for example. A lot of people do. I don't know why, there are better shooters out there to waste your time on, but hell, if you ONLY have an Xbox, then yeah... that's pretty much your best choice, aside from Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead, Portal, Half-Life...

Sorry 'bout that rant.

Boldly go, men! Boldly go!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwasher View Post
I just wanted to voice my adoration for this game. I also do think that the people who don't like it are being excessively critical and probably haven't exposed themselves to the game enough.

Everyone definitely has the right to not like this game, totally. I don't like Halo for example. A lot of people do. I don't know why, there are better shooters out there to waste your time on, but hell, if you ONLY have an Xbox, then yeah... that's pretty much your best choice, aside from Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead, Portal, Half-Life...

Sorry 'bout that rant.

Boldly go, men! Boldly go!
I don't like it enough to buy it. I played until I was damn near a Captain (T4). I've played a lot the game has to offer and it doesn't offer much past the initial few levels. It's just the same thing with different colors. Instead of Klingons it's the Evil Vulcans (that's what I call them, anyway). Same crap, different background. I only played a select few missions that actually felt like missions. Other than that it's just repeating the same EXACT motions over and over. The only thing that kept me going was loot and ships. That wasn't enough to keep me interested, though.