Lt. Commander
# 11
01-03-2014, 04:21 AM
I enjoy vaping and I enjoy and appreciate being vaped myself. I don't want that aspect of the game to go...its fun. As someone who likes to vape or is at least striving to vape, I also appreciate a build that I can't vape no matter what I throw at them!
Ensign
# 12
01-03-2014, 06:15 AM
I suggest: If you fire Ion-Beam, then it should put ISO on a 30sec cooldown or something and vice versa.

I tried it for myself. The combination of ISO and Ion-Beam is enough to insta-blow a target. I didnt fire a single weapon!

Vaping by using cheese shows lack of skill imo. Its far too much free damage, and the ISO has 100% hit chance and cant hardly resisted since it is electrical damage (i think you can resist it with neutronium tho)
Commander
# 13
01-03-2014, 06:22 AM
When it comes to OP I think that line has been well crossed by Cryptic and is far in the distance behind us. The power creep has crept away from us and now everyone is constantly playing catchup perpetually forever !

Obviously this is addressing PvP in general and all we have are PvP matches so the question should be what is balance. The mess has been made we all have various different toys/skills to our liking it now falls on Cryptic to make it so the matches we have are balanced and with the mess they have made god alone knows how they will accomplish this.

I think Cryptic look at PvP like that spare room/garage that most people have, the one that is full of junk. They know they have to tidy it some day but why do today what you can put off until tomorrow !
Captain
# 14
01-03-2014, 07:35 AM
I remember the days when all it took to blow up someone was a decloak alpha + CRF + High yield torpedo + tractor.

That was 2 years ago I think .
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Captain
# 15
01-03-2014, 08:13 AM
lol is that Mini's build
Ensign
# 16
01-03-2014, 08:34 AM
also: maybe i should start complaining about BO too. cuz it can kill me. noone else but me should be allowed to use it.
Rihannsu
# 17
01-03-2014, 08:55 AM
I can understand trying to create Caps in order to improve TTL vs TTK. Or perhaps instead of placing Caps, they should just impliment Dimishing Returns on things that buff damage so that you can't get the stacks for damage buffs you can now as a Tac? I'm not saying Tac is the only one that needs anything like this, but when you talk about crazy damage, the Tac is usually the one doing it..
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
# 18
01-03-2014, 09:35 AM
I have a question, why did they remove double tap? People are still getting one shotted no?
Reality is WAR
KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-03-2014, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
i agree with the capping, and i agree with a sensor scan boost / gdf nerf with no stacks, that would require more skill and chat between team mates, which i like as well

but if someone says no to the capping, that only means he is a tac, and definitely, there is nothing wrong with 100k rams and 75k crit proton barrage instapops for them
no heals, every doff and set item dedicated to it. i think if i lower the par of damage u need to kill me, i should be ALE to kill you at all. ask pixel tide about surviving burst. there should be no "caps"\

in a game with tons of immunity items, skills thta let u turn invisible and non targetable, or just jump away. you should be able to kill them before they activate such a special. and if u catch them by surprise, have loaded ur skills and buffs to the max, and managed to survive long enuff to fire, u deserve victory.

cap damagE? CAP RECEIVED HEALS! HOW MANY TIMES OVER SHOULD UR ENTIRE HULL BE ABLE TO BE HEALED PER SECOND>

remind me not to host any pvp games, explain how things work, or try to help people whpo only disregard ur advice, continue to use only heals, and then cry that u do 10 times their dmg.

/rant off

by the way the max potential damage is way over 100k try 1 million damage per single attack
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-03-2014, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaalpha View Post
I suggest: If you fire Ion-Beam, then it should put ISO on a 30sec cooldown or something and vice versa.

I tried it for myself. The combination of ISO and Ion-Beam is enough to insta-blow a target. I didnt fire a single weapon!

Vaping by using cheese shows lack of skill imo. Its far too much free damage, and the ISO has 100% hit chance and cant hardly resisted since it is electrical damage (i think you can resist it with neutronium tho)
death to these lying loses. the oens who use tif, rom cloak, ams, every cheeseo ut there every time they get alphaed!