Career Officer
# 61
01-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine595959 View Post
Don't blame the "vets" we all have known about the power creep that started with p2w. All those consoles should have been locked to the ships they came on.

To damage cap, I would be all for it if they put a diminishing return on ships heals and resists. IE "Battle Fatigue", no ship should be healed back to 100%, it should be a percentage in other words if you took 10K in damage the first time "fully" healed only 9.5K would be healed, the next 10K in damage you take and subsequent heals would restore 9k with a floor at 50% of damage taken. The only way to get back to 100% is to die in a battle zone. This would get rid of the overhealing or just stacking heals on the weakest ship. This will make team play more key and making healers and sci be more judicious with there heals. Wit the only exception being self heals would be a constant 95%. Of course it would depend on if the coding int he game can keep up with the calculations.
I've advocated for something similar and it's a system currently in place in STO. Ship injuries.

In PvP if you receive critical damage and may be healed but you may not repair your ship until you respawn. Then ship injuries are repaired automatically.

This would help against Rolfstomps bc as long as you've damaged the opponent and you have a better chance against them as their systems are less effective. Once they die they come back in at 100% but you've scored the point at least.
Captain
# 62
01-22-2014, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edalgo View Post
I've advocated for something similar and it's a system currently in place in STO. Ship injuries.

In PvP if you receive critical damage and may be healed but you may not repair your ship until you respawn. Then ship injuries are repaired automatically.

This would help against Rolfstomps bc as long as you've damaged the opponent and you have a better chance against them as their systems are less effective. Once they die they come back in at 100% but you've scored the point at least.
Maybe with alerts that say emitters are 50% or EPS is 75%. Because in battle there is no way a ship that was a breath away from warp core breach is back to show room shine after 4 seconds of uber healing.
Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up
Captain
# 63
01-22-2014, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine595959 View Post
Don't blame the "vets" we all have known about the power creep that started with p2w. All those consoles should have been locked to the ships they came on.
I would go as far as to blame the fed exclusive players that whined that KDF had some of the better consoles and then cryptic did the cross faction lockbox consoles. Somewhere along the way Cryptic lost the focus that this was a factional game when it came to PvP each faction was supposed to have an advantage over the other faction then cryptic started making fed ships that took on the roll of the bop with more hull and shields and the optimum boff layouts then muddied the water more by funneling all players to the Roms so that now it is a RvR instead of FvK.
Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up
Lt. Commander
# 64
01-22-2014, 01:21 PM
IMO pvp died when alpha's started to get nuc'd off at 30sec. Now the only way to get a guaranteed kill is to maximize your one hit potential.
Lieutenant
# 65
01-22-2014, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ike View Post
IMO pvp died when alpha's started to get nuc'd off at 30sec. Now the only way to get a guaranteed kill is to maximize your one hit potential.
Indeed tac's more reliant on damage over time like from cannons etc, are really messed up easily by nuke. Maybe the answer is turning captain buffs like Attack Pattern Alpha, and Rotate Shield Frequency into "blue buffs" that can't be nuked off? Seems like it could help.
Selun'x Alien Sci - Zarza Reman Tac
Lt. Commander
# 66
01-23-2014, 02:18 AM
Or maybe give tact passive traits which aren't completely useless.
Career Officer
# 67
01-23-2014, 04:24 AM
Has cryptic acknowledged the OP-ness of Romulans explicitly or otherwise?
12th Fleet Are recruiting Active PvP'ers.
We have Full T5 starbase, Teamspeak and over 200 active members.

Go to Recruitment room and beam up! You'll be glad you did.
Captain
# 68
01-24-2014, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ike View Post
This has been done from the begining of sto PvP. Some do it more effectively than others.

It was the discovery of the target bind that made it idiot proof where the element of surprise is near enough gone. You don't even need to see the enemy to see them.

This is the real cause.
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles

Last edited by naz4; 01-24-2014 at 05:38 AM.
Captain
# 69
01-24-2014, 08:22 AM
Yeah, maybe key bonds should be entirely disabled for PvP then?

Also Naz is still OP!
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Captain
# 70
01-24-2014, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
Yeah, maybe key bonds should be entirely disabled for PvP then?
This would make for some VERY interesting results......
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"