Lt. Commander
So here we go, again, seems like we do this a lot. From game to game and all that.

Anyways. I want to know where the servers that were "ordered" during Open Beta to help relieve the load issues in Open Beta are.

The reason I want to know this is because your servers cannot even handle the head start load. 12 hours from now, with the live release, this game is going to come to a grinding halt.

Now this has one positive benefit, I can go pick up my CE pre-order from Gamestop (my DDE edition is all well and good but I want my comm badge after all) and grab some groceries and do some housework and things of that nature.

But one thing I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to do is play Star Trek Online...during US prime time, tomorrow.

I have turned the Dev Posts listing upside down looking for a single acknowledgment of this almost assured server failure tomorrow at around 3pm EST, and all I know is that there was more equipment promised, during Open Beta, that appears to have not appeared.

I'm a life time subscriber, I bought 4 separate distributions of this game, I'm invested at this point well over 500 bucks...which, its not about the money, money happens, its about being able to play this game...which I've been waiting for for a long time.

And in roughly 12 or so hours, its not going to be playable, and server queues, constant disconnects and service outages are not really a good way to start off your live release, especially when you foresaw this coming back around the 18th of January.

So someone backstage there, behind the little tin curtain that everyone at Cryptic is hiding behind right now, needs to step out, and explain to me, what the plan is for dealing with the launch....cause nobody has, and its obvious we're going to have problems.

Am I going to cancel my account, demand refunds..."scream" my fingers off on your forums about how crappy everything is? No I'm not...but I am a reasonable adult who has made a reasonable investment in your product and I do not have any information from you in regards to the state of the game during head start (which has been, at best, rocky) and your contingency plans for live launch and the additional load its going to bring in.

You haven't answered this question any where, all your public statements have avoided any reference to it and I notice the patcher news item about "new equipment" from the 18th of January has been pruned as well.

So...step up, you got us all by the short and curlies, tell us what you plan to do first day, live release, US prime time, when the entire server system grinds to a halt and theres a login queue of 2500+ people ahead of other people trying to log in.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Short answer. It's going to be a very rough ride. I have been through MMO launches before, expect a mess that slowly works its self out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soyinka
So here we go, again, seems like we do this a lot. From game to game and all that.

Anyways. I want to know where the servers that were "ordered" during Open Beta to help relieve the load issues in Open Beta are.

The reason I want to know this is because your servers cannot even handle the head start load. 12 hours from now, with the live release, this game is going to come to a grinding halt.

Now this has one positive benefit, I can go pick up my CE pre-order from Gamestop (my DDE edition is all well and good but I want my comm badge after all) and grab some groceries and do some housework and things of that nature.

But one thing I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be able to do is play Star Trek Online...during US prime time, tomorrow.

I have turned the Dev Posts listing upside looking for a single acknowledgment of this almost assured server failure tomorrow at around 3pm EST, and all I know is that there was more equipment promised, during Open Beta, that appears to have not appeared.

I'm a life time subscriber, I bought 4 separate distributions of this game, I'm invested at this point well over 500 bucks...which, its not about the money, money happens, its about being able to play this game...which I've been waiting for for a long time.

And in roughly 12 or so hours, its not going to be playable, and server queues, constant disconnects and service outages are not really a good way to start off your live release, especially when you foresaw this coming back around the 18th of January.

So someone backstage there, behind the little tin curtain that everyone at Cryptic is hiding behind right now, needs to step out, and explain to me, what the plan is for dealing with the launch....cause nobody has, and its obvious we're going to have problems.

Am I going to cancel my account, demand refunds..."scream" my fingers off on your forums about how crappy everything is? No I'm not...but I am a reasonable adult who has made a reasonable investment in your product and I do not have any information from you in regards to the state of the game during head start (which has been, at best, rocky) and your contingency plans for live launch and the additional load its going to bring in.

You haven't answered this question any where, all your public statements have avoided any reference to it and I notice the patcher news item about "new equipment" from the 18th of January has been pruned as well.

So...step up, you got us all by the short and curlies, tell us what you plan to do first day, live release, US prime time, when the entire server system grinds to a halt and theres a login queue of 2500+ people ahead of other people trying to log in.
Don't mean to hijack your thread man but.....

Can we also have a word on the Skill cap issue (yes I know there was one comment made but we have resolved that more communication is needed)

Crafting (Why is Mem Alpha designed for real crafting when all we have, at this time, is a Barter system?)

Type 8 Shuttle glitch (those of us that checked it out in Beta cannot access it now)

Bridge Officer rewards (Not a single one am I recieving.....would like it resolved please)

Federation BO's on the Klingon Bridges??? (Really unproffesional)

No 1 on 1 PVP???

I know for a fact you guys aint daft and you are aware of these issues. It would be just REALLY nice at this point to have some sort of response because people are floating away bit by bit because you are not communicating with us.

Peace
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeRshGo View Post
Short answer. It's going to be a very rough ride. I have been through MMO launches before, expect a mess that slowly works its self out.
I've been through a ton of MMO launches, closed betas, open betas.

So has Cryptic. Granted CoH/CO were not ever destined to pull as much interest as this title, so they needed less hardware to pull their launches off.

This is one of the most beloved science fiction franchises of all time, it is right up there next to Star Wars on the level of sci-fi icon intellectual property.

There is no way they could not have understood the level of demand this game would have.

I'm prepared for rocky. What I'm not willing to accept is Cryptic's ostrich method of non-addressing the issue we all know is going to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-01-2010, 11:23 PM
Maybe because the extra hardware was a lie? Just like it was with Champions Online half a year ago?

The only thing Cryptic is interested in, is your money. That everyone buys their retail box and/or lifetime sub like a loyal little puppy. And no questions asked!

They don't give a damn, that you can't play the game half the time, because the shard is coming down due to overload.

I thought, that after CO, after STO Open Beta and now Headstart...and all the "UNEXPECTED"and "EMERGENCY" copy pasta and queue experimentations without single explanation... that people would have figured that out by now.

Jer
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeronas
Maybe because the extra hardware was a lie? Just like it was with Champions Online half a year ago?

The only thing Cryptic is interested in, is your money. That everyone buys their retail box and/or lifetime sub like a loyal little puppy. And no questions asked!

They don't give a damn, that you can't play the game half the time, because the shard is coming down due to overload.

I thought, that after CO, after STO Open Beta and now Headstart...and all the "UNEXPECTED"and "EMERGENCY" copy pasta and queue experimentations without single explanation... that people would have figured that out by now.

Jer
You've your right to an opinion. I've my right to disagree with it.

While the focus of ANY business is money, and to somehow try to demonize a business because they're focused on making a profit is sort of funny, as a personal stance, I guess if thats what you want to believe, thats what you want to believe.

Cryptic is not SOE or even Verant Interactive or any of a number of other previous MMO developers that have given their player base the finger on launch. Everyone that brings up CO as some kind of fail point also seems to ignore that there were updates and upgrades and DLC content additions to CO even while STO was under development..sure they weren't gigantic huge sweeping additions/changes/updates, but, its not like they took your money then did nothing.

So while I of course, agree that you are allowed to have whatever opinion you like, I have to disagree with your stance.

Regardless of that, I suppose I'll be waiting quite some time for anyone from Cryptic to address this thread, if anyone from Cryptic addresses it at all.

use Cryptic;
insert into routines at players.live devroutine "bunker_mode";

I hope they have plenty of water and food stocked up in the bunker.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
I've been through a ton of MMO launches, closed betas, open betas.

So has Cryptic. Granted CoH/CO were not ever destined to pull as much interest as this title, so they needed less hardware to pull their launches off.

This is one of the most beloved science fiction franchises of all time, it is right up there next to Star Wars on the level of sci-fi icon intellectual property.

There is no way they could not have understood the level of demand this game would have.

I'm prepared for rocky. What I'm not willing to accept is Cryptic's ostrich method of non-addressing the issue we all know is going to happen.
What kind of statement are you looking for? Brace for impact?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeRshGo View Post
What kind of statement are you looking for? Brace for impact?
Well an acknowledgment that new equipment was brought in and was saved for live launch would be nice.

That would be the....optimal response.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 12:10 AM
An acknowledgement of many diff things would be nice......instead we see how the C-store is getting priority in the devs workload.

Cryptic,

Do you think we are not aware of these things? Do you think that we believe you are not aware of our questions? I know you guys are aware of the dissention amongst the players......the reviews that are starting to hit google. PLEASE for the love of all things Trek based can you talk to us??? Us the people that are lining your wallets? All we want to do is to establish some sort of developer dialogue with you guys and to help you fix the things that desperately need it.

Regards

A Fanboy MMO addict
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Well an acknowledgment that new equipment was brought in and was saved for live launch would be nice.

That would be the....optimal response.
And what I try to tell you (and I am sertainly not the only one on this).

When you look what has happened lately. What has become of the Headstart. The login queue experimentations.

What do you think yourself?