Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Quantums also move faster than photons, i've tested it out. That leaves your enemy with less time to move to a different shield facing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyee8484mtw9
Yes you can, as a Lt. Cdr from 2nd floor Shipyard. However, it will cost you 77 2nd Exploration badges from Hromi cluster(?) once you hit Lt. Cdr.
There'll also be a mission that rewards you a Quantum Torpedo Launcer.
Thanx a lot. Doing the exploration missions in Hromi 2-3 times is fine for me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2010, 01:33 AM
I love them for one big reason!

"Mr Worf, Quantum Torpedoes, Fire!"
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2010, 02:10 AM
Photons may look as good dmg but your missing the skills for quantums to be used to there full effect
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-02-2010, 02:12 AM
1)Yes it because of high end damage + high yield it gives out awesome impact

Correct timing is the most important thing , I mainintain a distance of 7to 9 km , then starttachyon beam and fire of quantam torps with high yield
Most of the time tachyon beam takes of their shield for a few secs and during that time when the quantam turps hit it absolutely fun to see the damage spike.

2) Also I like the animation over photon torps

3) Stupid reason but Quantam sounds more cool than photon .
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-02-2010, 02:13 AM
There are 2 major reasons to use Quantums-

1. They move faster, so its easier to hit the target when the shields are down vs getting a sliver of shield facing back to basically nullify the damage. This also makes it easier to fight at longer range.

2. They move faster, so when you are in a group or in a fleet action they will actually hit the target before its dead.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-02-2010, 02:40 AM
well this has been an interesting topic.

I'm using a Mark3 in the back of my ship and using a Plasma Torp in the front.
Tho i am thinking of replacing the Plasma torp because it doesn't seem be a 50-50 chance for the heavy plasma to do any damage at all.
Only time i see it do massive damage(as in 7k) is when it has traveled a fair distance and most times when it does go it seems to just hang there.

Anyone really like the Plasma torp?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-02-2010, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1011 View Post
Another Question: Can you buy them in some shop? The prices in exchange are far too high...
I got my first Quantums as a reward drop for the fleet action against the Gorn. I was Lt. Commander Grade 1 at the time.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-02-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Armada View Post

Tho i am thinking of replacing the Plasma torp because it doesn't seem be a 50-50 chance for the heavy plasma to do any damage at all.
Only time i see it do massive damage(as in 7k) is when it has traveled a fair distance and most times when it does go it seems to just hang there.

I had my cruiser in Beta as Fore Photon, aft Quantum as Quantum fore and aft shared cooldown while with photon I could be firing them every 3-4 seconds

also running from a ship and dumping quantums onto weakened for shields wasa good way to kill Klingons
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-02-2010, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Armada View Post

I recieved my First Quantum Mark II Lancher in Starbase 24 fleet action, so i must have performed admirably that time. I was a Lieutenant Grade 4