Lt. Commander
# 131
02-02-2010, 04:05 AM
I wish we got patch notes in advance, eases the wait...
Lt. Commander
# 132
02-02-2010, 04:06 AM
Actually, come to think of it, I'm still totally ****ed off about the one season opener in DS9 after they left the show with a previous cliffhanger where the Dominion was about to overwhelm the Federation through the wormhole.

Only the Defiant was in there to try and stop them. What promised to be an epic battle turned into coitus interruptus when the prophets went POOF and instead of a major battle, all the Dominion just went POOF.

I almost destroyed my TV when I saw that. It could have been an awesome episode, but instead, it was totally lame.

I should be over that one, but . . . . I'm NOT.
Lt. Commander
# 133
02-02-2010, 04:06 AM
If anyone is having trouble knowing when PST is just setup an addition clock in your task bar to read PST time zone! Not thinking or converting required!

-OR-

Use this gadget like I'm doing. This lets me setup several clocks and sits on my desktop next to my map of the nation so I know which states are in this time zone. It's really quite convenient.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Windows...ld-Clock.shtml
Lt. Commander
# 134
02-02-2010, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPLWeeks View Post
Your pre-order items will be available later today, as stated in the FAQ.
Actually, some of us Game Stop customers got pre-order items from Atari AND Steam, while some Steam customers got pre-order items from Game Stop. That has nothing to do with what time they are available today.
Lt. Commander
# 135 Brief History on Release Dates
02-02-2010, 04:07 AM
I have read several European citizens' comments on the release date and how "Cryptic is screwing them" with a release on the 5th for Europe instead of the 2nd as it is here. I feel I have to point out the fact that it isn't Cryptic setting that later release date, its your regional retailers. A little history lesson here, back in the day when albums and music was really big America would release new albums on Tuesdays and Europe would release them on Fridays. This is a tradition that, over the years, extended down to movies and more recently video games. I'm not quite sure why each region picked the day that they did, may have been something to do with shipping or even licensing from American record companies (in that case you're getting screwed by America but not Cryptic), it could even be that originally the Europeans got their records the Friday before our Tuesday and we were the ones getting the later release.

If you read through that, cool. If not, whatever. Have a nice day either way
Lt. Commander
# 136
02-02-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Tuesday 2, February from 3 AM PST to 5 AM PST (11 AM - 1 PM GMT), in order to perform maintenance, and apply a new patch. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.

The patch is all back end stuff. Nothing worth making patch notes over.
I tell ya, you guys go to great lengths not to admit what is wrong with the "backend stuff".
Lt. Commander
# 137
02-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CultofCthulhu View Post
... hmmm not peak for you but a MMO that people all around the world are playing? it's always peak time somewhere, Today it's peak time for Australia, that said american copped it during the headstart when we Aussies were all in their beds. It's swings and roundabouts. I hope cryptic keep the SM to varied hours so as to not disadvantage any one country.
PLease forgive me I was selfish
Lt. Commander
# 138
02-02-2010, 04:10 AM
Its always peek time somewhere, Deal with it

They have to take the servers off to apply patches and fixes and I am sure if you read the EULA it will tell you the game is subject to downtime
Lt. Commander
# 139
02-02-2010, 04:10 AM
Damn, down at the same time as WoW. Certainly hope that's not going to be a regular occurence.
Lt. Commander
# 140
02-02-2010, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tieko View Post
Actually, some of us Game Stop customers got pre-order items from Atari AND Steam, while some Steam customers got pre-order items from Game Stop. That has nothing to do with what time they are available today.
I hope they fix it during this downtime.
Closed Thread