Lt. Commander
If you thought you were getting any help / sympathy here, forget it. They will take your life-time subscription money and run.

Quote:
Greetings,

We truly regret that the item you ordered has apparently been over-sold by the
retailer. While there is nothing that we can do at this time, we hope that you
are able to find either a replacement, or move forward with the Standard
Edition. The Gold Edition may still be possible to locate through another
retailer.

Though we understand your possible frustration, there is simply nothing that we
are able to do to resolve this retailer issue. Though this means you may not
have access to the Borg Officer at launch, it is possible that the officer may
be available later through another option.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Live long and prosper,
The Cryptic Support Team
So much for being unique too, looks like the Borg BOff's will be available for some more cash later on.

Seriously disappointed!

N.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 12:48 AM
And what did you expect them to do?

They have no power over issues like this and you seem to be blaming Cryptic for what's obviously a retailer's blunder.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 12:48 AM
Seriously, what do you EXPECT Cryptic to do? It's AMAZON's fault, NOT theirs.

It'd be like going to best buy and not seeing any boxes on the shelf and complaining to Cryptic about it. what are they supposed to do? Their transporter technology ain't up to Star Trek standards yet

lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Ugh, try another retailer for crying out loud. It's the internet, it's not hard.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerosh
If you thought you were getting any help / sympathy here, forget it. They will take your life-time subscription money and run.

So much for being unique too, looks like the Borg BOff's will be available for some more cash later on.

Seriously disappointed!

N.
I smelt out this coming from a mile away and got out just in the nick of time.....

Amazon are good at getting things from a to b through warehouses.......ask them to do anything else with an order and there heads explode......company support just callapses...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...30#post1840830
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 12:55 AM
I bet all you people beratting the OP GOT your pre-order items.

Besides it's not just Amazon UK that has it messed up. GS US is as well. Of course GS suck, that is clear now to me. But they are not honoring the connie class code to A LOT OF PEOPLE.

And even furhter theres people reporting that when they enter their codes they get stuff that is from other retailers pre orders not the ones they ordered.

SOOOOO A CRYPTIC/ATARI issue!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 12:55 AM
So Amazon only bought X number of copies of the Gold version, and then sold X+Y (Y = whatever they sold > X), and you expect Cryptic to do something about it? Perhaps Amazon should just take down the item after they sell the X copies they bought.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearheart View Post
Seriously, what do you EXPECT Cryptic to do? It's AMAZON's fault, NOT theirs.

It'd be like going to best buy and not seeing any boxes on the shelf and complaining to Cryptic about it. what are they supposed to do? Their transporter technology ain't up to Star Trek standards yet

lol
I would expect Cryptic to see this as the potential steaming pile of bad publicity it is and scramble to at least try to silence the great unwashed masses.

What would it cost them to give a Borg BO to anyone who has the order cancelled by Amazon UK? Just have Amazon send out a key to enter along with the "Oops, we oversold, sorry" mail and have it also provide an extended period of play between headstart and retail key needed to be entered.

That would take care of 99% of the problems.

/Steelsky
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 12:57 AM
This is a retail issue. I couldn't blame Cryptic for that.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMasaki View Post
I bet all you people beratting the OP GOT your pre-order items.

Besides it's not just Amazon UK that has it messed up. GS US is as well. Of course GS suck, that is clear now to me. But they are not honoring the connie class code to A LOT OF PEOPLE.

And even furhter theres people reporting that when they enter their codes they get stuff that is from other retailers pre orders not the ones they ordered.

SOOOOO A CRYPTIC/ATARI issue!!
Hmm.. you don't seem to understand how this all works.

The x merchant buys y number of items from a manufacture. X merchant sells y items at a profit margin. In this case X merchant sold more items then they actually brought thus the issue before us.

While this is a uncommon problem this is far from the first time a retailer sold more then they had in a attempt to get profits.

--

So what I'm saying here is that Amazon sold more keys then they brought directly from Cryptic. All Cryptic can do is wait until Amazon orders more keys from them and since Amazon (and other retailers) are taking their time with this, people like the OP and you are being screwed over.

All Cryptic can do is refer you to another retailers since, probably, by contract they can't just give you the same keys and bonuses as a retailer is offering.